sth interesting, an organizer behind the screen+a optional stable phone mount?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I noticed that when the sun shines on the back of the Sync "tablet", it gets very hot. I wonder if this will help keep the tablet cooler by blocking the direct sun on it. That would be cool.

I am ready to buy! Just need to know where besides Amazon!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
argh- I’d been watching aamzon and never saw them come in stock. Must have missed out on the whole first shipment!
@AOSK - when are more of these trays going to hit an amazon warehouse? I see a different brand available looks like an identical product.
Edit- @jhalkias - can the phone mount arms be placed downward as well? I like my phone tucked lower next to the screen rather than so far above it.
The arms do not articulate and only mount one way - they screw into the holder. I am not using them, so I really did not care. I put my phone on the charging pad and use CarPlay.

billytuffnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
are those sunglasses in the pink case? There is already a sunglass holder built in

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
the phone mount is optional, this item could work as an organizer only.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I bought this and I like it. It provides some insurance against a child or a slightly drunk friend in the passenger seat inadvertently grabbing the top corner of the unsupported car display screen for leverage while shifting in the seat. Can you just hear the glass screen goimg "tchinnnnk"?

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I bought this and I like it. It provides some insurance against a child or a slightly drunk friend in the passenger seat inadvertently grabbing the top corner of the unsupported car display screen for leverage while shifting in the seat. Can you just hear the glass screen goimg "tchinnnnk"?
This is a interesting point of the functionality of this product.

Engelbert

First Name
Engelbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium XR AWD
Country flag
I've had this product for a while now. I like it, and would love to see two added features, even though they would drive a higher price point:
  1. A thin hinged lid on the storage area, so items placed in there don't get blasted by the sun and aren't visible to curious strangers looking through the windshield in parking lots

2. Wireless charging for the driver's phone holder. A phone holder at the immediate edge of my area of visual focus while driving means safer access to the info I sometimes need to briefly glance at (independent nav, ABRP, maybe PlugShare), since I don't have to look away from the road to do so. The unpowered phone holder's utility for this purpose evaporates on longer trips, when a thirsty phone running these apps runs low on juice. Charging the phone while in use becomes essential on these trips, and wireless is much nicer for this purpose than messing with a cable drooping down from the bottom of the phone in the holder and generally being annoying. A wireless charging phone holder also doubles the Mach E's default wireless charger count in the front seats, which is great for couples like us who have had our fill of actively messing with stupid USB/Lightning cables over the past many years and just don't want to bother with frequently plugging/unplugging cables anymore. As the organizer would need a power cable to enable wireless charging, that cable could pretty easily drop down out of the bottom of the organizer (i.e. not drooping out from the phone holder), run down along the back side of the screen, and then be just long enough to cleanly reach the USB outlet below, preventing any annoying cable mess.
For those who may note that I want all my apps in view despite having someone sitting RIGHT THERE in the passenger seat who could focus on that stuff while I drive: my wife sometimes navigates while I drive, or vice versa. It turns out that this strategy is not always great for a marriage. An incrementally higher price for a novel car organizer is still so much less expensive than either couples therapy or a lifetime of increasingly visible annoyance during every car trip.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I like the storage . . . but I keep wondering as people talk about phone mounts . . . with CarPlay and Android Auto on the screen, why would you want your phone mounted like that and need to have a wire hanging off it to charge? Why not just put your phone in the wireless charging area? I needed that in my old car before CarPlay so I could see Waze, but what do you guys use your phones for that is not otherwise available when you are driving?
For use with Drag-y or other drag race timers, that use both your phone's accelerometer AND camera.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
For use with Drag-y or other drag race timers, that use both your phone's accelerometer AND camera.
And because I like to use Google Maps along with the Ford navigation system. Yes, I can look at the phone as it rests on the charging pad, but it is so much more convenient to have it higher up where I don't have to look down.
Sponsored