Sticker Price vs. Sales Order Price

Rayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So when I first ordered my MME Premium Nite Pony package back in September, it came in with a total MSRP at $68,375 with no dealer markup. Minus the $1k deposit, the price was $67,375. At the time, I got a sales order with the dealer to confirm pricing. Fast forward to now, with the price drops and everything that has transpired with Ford since ordering, I see on my window sticker that the MSRP is showing as $63,595. A difference of $4,780 from the original total MSRP.

Will I be able to get the dealer to honor the new MSRP (and apply my deposit to this new price)? Currently the car is in MO with an estimated arrival date of May 13.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
So when I first ordered my ME Premium Nite Pony package back in September, it came in with a total MSRP at $68,375 with no dealer markup. Minus the $1k deposit, the price was $67,375. At the time, I got a sales order with the dealer to confirm pricing. Fast forward to now, with the price drops and everything that has transpired with Ford since ordering, I see on my window sticker that the MSRP is showing as $63,595. A difference of $4,780 from the original total MSRP.

Will I be able to get the dealer to honor the new MSRP (and apply my deposit to this new price)? Currently the car is in MO with an estimated arrival date of May 13.
That answer is simple.

Either he honors the new MSRP or you walk. I would guess that he will honor the new MSRP.

Good Luck!!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
So when I first ordered my ME Premium Nite Pony package back in September, it came in with a total MSRP at $68,375 with no dealer markup. Minus the $1k deposit, the price was $67,375. At the time, I got a sales order with the dealer to confirm pricing. Fast forward to now, with the price drops and everything that has transpired with Ford since ordering, I see on my window sticker that the MSRP is showing as $63,595. A difference of $4,780 from the original total MSRP.

Your dealer is an independent business so they can do what they want but nowadays MME on the lot are starting to stack up due to the new lower tax credit, higher interest rates, and less incentives.

You should ask your dealer for the Smart VINcent time of order rates and incentives - not at time of delivery.

If your dealer is half smart, they will honor the new lower pricing plus any incentives & lower rates to make the sale.

Just don't put too much stock in delivery dates - mine has slipped over 12 times from January till now next month...

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

You should make a phone call to your dealer TODAY with this question.

And get it in writing with a new sales order.

DO NOT wait until May 13 to start this negotiation. Price negotiations have always been between you and your dealer, the “made up MSRP price” by Ford doesn’t factor in unless you’re getting X plan.

Good luck!

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I ordered my GT in December. Just picked it up 2 weeks ago. MSRP was $71,000. I paid $65.000 and the dealer threw in a $1500 rebate on top of that.
Short answer is the dealer HAS TO HONOR NEW PRICE.

Lookitsdrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
Yea my dealer honored the price changed, also applied the xplan adjustment, and 2k rebate from fords loan program. I picked my 23 MME nite pony premium last week. They also have received around 5 in the lot (mix of Select, Premium and GT)customer cancelled because it took so long

new to mach-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e select
Country flag
Definitely mach-e's are starting to stack up. My second one (select AWD) showed up to the dealer early February, I refused delivery, was the only mach-e at the dealer and to this day is still unsold, but now has about other dozen mach-e's of recent arrival to keep it company.
It all started to go to hell when tesla starting dropping prices in January, I feel fortunate I walked away from the second one.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Yea my dealer honored the price changed, also applied the xplan adjustment, and 2k rebate from fords loan program. I picked my 23 MME nite pony premium last week. They also have received around 5 in the lot (mix of Select, Premium and GT)customer cancelled because it took so long
Funny, one must be mine because it's still not here after 57 weeks.

OP
OP

Rayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So when I first ordered my MME Premium Nite Pony package back in September, it came in with a total MSRP at $68,375 with no dealer markup. Minus the $1k deposit, the price was $67,375. At the time, I got a sales order with the dealer to confirm pricing. Fast forward to now, with the price drops and everything that has transpired with Ford since ordering, I see on my window sticker that the MSRP is showing as $63,595. A difference of $4,780 from the original total MSRP.

Might as well post an update--i took delivery of my vehicle on Tuesday and dealer honored the sticker price. Was no issue and no hassle. Thank you to everyone for the advice!

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I ordered my GT in December. Just picked it up 2 weeks ago. MSRP was $71,000. I paid $65.000 and the dealer threw in a $1500 rebate on top of that.
Short answer is the dealer HAS TO HONOR NEW PRICE.
Does he HAVE TO HONOR THE NEW PRICE if it's higher? ;)

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Does he HAVE TO HONOR THE NEW PRICE if it's higher? ;)
I think it depends on your relationship with the dealer. I know when I ordered mine and in came in lower they gave me the lower rate. Everything honestly is kind of up to the dealer. When you order the car it tells you the price. If the price is raised after the fact they are supposed to go by the order price.

my friend ordered one of the first lightening trucks. It took like a year and a half to come in and the price increased 3 times by the time it came in. The dealer talked to ford and ford authorized the dealer to sell at the original price. He had $10,000 equity when he drove off of the lot.

DAC17

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium, 2023 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For people ordering recently, is it possible to get discounts off MSRP? If so, how much have you been able to negotiate?
Sponsored