Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I got my Select AWD on Tuesday and am really happy with it! Yesterday I needed to make a 150 mile round trip and I wanted to see what it could do. The weather was a perfect 65 degrees at home and 75 in Denver so no climate control needed. I threw it on cruise at 65mph and let it rip. The guessometer was predicting 203 miles.

I expected to beat the 211 mile range but I did NOT expect to blow it away like I did! I drove the 148.3 miles on exactly 50% of the battery. If it’s linear, that would equate to 296.6 miles —85 over EPA!

I have owned hybrids for 15+ years and am a decent hypermiler but all I did was put it in cruise and drive normally. I think I could get more out of it with some additional coaxing but honestly this is so good that it’s not worth it. Now I’m curious to see how weather and other factors impact things—I realize that they are certainly going to cause a hit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stoked on Range: AWD Standard Battery Achieved 148 Miles on 50% of Battery 6237D042-573E-4BF1-A0F0-4D3C5E47B9A8

Traffic was bad a few times but for the most part I kept up the 65mph pace.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stoked on Range: AWD Standard Battery Achieved 148 Miles on 50% of Battery 2F8260A4-909E-4853-A2AB-6EF459C49AED

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyCaphill

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Edition AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
That's awesome!!

I haven't done more than 100 mile round trip yet and am itching to do a small road trip to Portland (from Seattle) to see what I can really get out. I don't trust the Guess o Meter yet enough to try that without having a charging back up plan. I hope that keeps up for you!

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
That's awesome!!

I haven't done more than 100 mile round trip yet and am itching to do a small road trip to Portland (from Seattle) to see what I can really get out. I don't trust the Guess o Meter yet enough to try that without having a charging back up plan. I hope that keeps up for you!
Kenny trust the Guess I Meter. It adjust the mileage according to your type of driving.
Charge it to 100% and take your 200+ mile trip.
Start at speed limits + 5 and watch it.
You can start on the conservative side at the beginning of your trip and build up some speed at the end of your trip. I do it all the time on 270 mile trips. I pull into my driveway with 15 - 20 miles to empty. Highway speeds plus 5. Take your trips with confidence. Good luck.

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
I'm so excited to see what kind of range my SR RWD will have. Here on the German autobahns, the speeds are basically higher. However, I am a rather conservative driver and basically drive at 120-130 km/h (75-80 mph) on the autobahn.
Hopefully I will get my pony soon! I've been waiting for sooooo long.

Thanks very much for your report!

Greetings from Germany

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I'm so excited to see what kind of range my SR RWD will have. Here on the German autobahns, the speeds are basically higher. However, I am a rather conservative driver and basically drive at 120-130 km/h (75-80 mph) on the autobahn.
Hopefully I will get my pony soon! I've been waiting for sooooo long.

Thanks very much for your report!

Greetings from Germany
These are the speeds I am averaging when I can on the interstates also. Once you are established in the Autobahn try to keep your power consumption between 2.8 to 3.0 miles per KW.
Dealing also with a well established fast charging network in Germany will alleviate your range anxiety fears, common to all new EV drivers.
Good luck with your Mach E.
I read that the European destined Mach Es, their suspensions are tuned for a bit more spirited driving thru the twisted narrow streets and for the autobahns. The ride on my Mach E is the smoothest I ever had on any of my ICE vehicles.
I wonder what is the difference.????
I guess you will find out soon.
Good luck again.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I agree. I did a 110 mile round trip yesterday on 35% battery. Adaptive cruise set and 55 MPH. Have you enabled the ford Journey’s on the app? It’s amazing. It tells you how you drive and what you can do better on the trip.

20A182AC-06C2-4B8E-A1F1-52EA6D940937.png

B52944AA-B4C4-4113-A3F5-655FA1F1BC80.png

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E premium AWD STD - Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ford Journey doest work if you use Android Auto. AA uses WiFi and Journey needs Bluetooth. Kind of a bummer.

Took my first longer trip today. About 116 miles, but it took 70% of my charge. It was raining the whole time and in the 40s. Cruise set at 77 mph.

TundraEV

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I agree. I did a 110 mile round trip yesterday on 35% battery. Adaptive cruise set and 55 MPH. Have you enabled the ford Journey’s on the app? It’s amazing. It tells you how you drive and what you can do better on the trip.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stoked on Range: AWD Standard Battery Achieved 148 Miles on 50% of Battery B52944AA-B4C4-4113-A3F5-655FA1F1BC80

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stoked on Range: AWD Standard Battery Achieved 148 Miles on 50% of Battery B52944AA-B4C4-4113-A3F5-655FA1F1BC80
That is a beautiful drive, fellow Mainer!

wmurphy67

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I hit 300 for the first time this morning. :)

I have about 6500 miles on it so far. I've driven it on several long road trips and I a lot of confidence in the range.

I do not drive it conservatively. I always have it on Unbridled. And when I am first at a stop light, I make sure to get 0-to-speed limit +~5 very quickly.

My main takeaway so far - I drive it like I want to and how I enjoy it. I don't worry about range.

My second takeaway is weather matters. I haven't learned enough about that yet, but my current theory is the range is going to be 230 or so when weather conditions are the worst, and my current 300+ is ideal, and the average will be 270...

IMG_1157.PNG

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
only had mine a few days and have only put 100 miles on the car. I've got a standard range battery rwd. Hoping I can average the 230.
Sponsored