Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
How do you know?
On one pedal drive and going down mountains you watch the % indication and mileage remaining indication not move or increase from the regenerative action while the mileage to your destination shrink/reduced.
Watch your screen coming down mountains.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
How do you know?
I just had the same experience coming down from Skyline Drive in Shenandoah NP. I set navigation and by the time I reached the bottom of the descent I was showing I had picked up 5 more miles of range.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, Ford is doing themselves a disservice by being so conservative. Then again, I need to remember that this is summer when the mileage will be higher and the battery is new. Maybe they are selling it on a realistic range for real world conditions after a few years.
I think Ford and Porsche did the right thing -- honest and somewhat conservative range. This is unlike a certain company that claims a range no one can actually hit.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
good jobs! haven't done any longer trips yet but projecting from my latest journey numbers I should be able to go 300 miles on my SR battery. I've found the best results using the unbridled mode without 1 pedal. Not using the 1 pedal allows better off accelerator coasting while still allowing the best regeneration.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
good jobs! haven't done any longer trips yet but projecting from my latest journey numbers I should be able to go 300 miles on my SR battery. I've found the best results using the unbridled mode without 1 pedal. Not using the 1 pedal allows better off accelerator coasting while still allowing the best regeneration.
same here. although tonight my wife made the comment "you park way out in the parking lot to protect the body, but you don't seem to mind tearing up your tires."

Swear to god my tires only chirped a little bit because the pavement was wet from earlier rain
Sponsored