Jessnyc

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Premium MME ER
Country flag
I called my dealer today to schedule an appointment for the HVBJB recall and they told me that it was a 2 steps process: The first appointment is to inspect the vehicle to determine if a part is needed and order it if necessary. The second appointment would only be scheduled if the part is needed.

I wonder if anyone else got this response from Ford. My understanding is that if your vehicle is part of the recall then your HVBJB part is needed so I wonder why they need to inspect the vehicle first!
Had the same situation happened at 1 dealership. Another dealer I spoke to said they need to order parts, and its been a few months now that I have been waiting on the piece. So maybe try another dealership, if possible?
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I called my dealer today to schedule an appointment for the HVBJB recall and they told me that it was a 2 steps process: The first appointment is to inspect the vehicle to determine if a part is needed and order it if necessary. The second appointment would only be scheduled if the part is needed.

I wonder if anyone else got this response from Ford. My understanding is that if your vehicle is part of the recall then your HVBJB part is needed so I wonder why they need to inspect the vehicle first!
If you're driving a GT from before May 2022, you get the "C" box. No arguing and no fuss. Refer them to the TSB if they are still confused. My service advisor at Pierre Ford in Seattle read the thing with me on the phone when I scheduled the appointment.

Reactions: sly

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I brought my car in for the state inspection, and the dealer told me I need the recall (which I already knew). I was going to wait a while before doing it but they said they would order the part and call me when it came in. They got the part one day later, I scheduled the service, and they knocked it out in a day. So easy. They even told me about the free stuff (which I also already knew about).

My dealer is excellent. They had already done some replacements before so they knew exactly what to do.

It's sad that so many dealers are not up to that level.

sly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Had the same situation happened at 1 dealership. Another dealer I spoke to said they need to order parts, and its been a few months now that I have been waiting on the piece. So maybe try another dealership, if possible?
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try another dealership.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Dropped my 22 gt off this morning at 7:30 for HVBJB replacement & dealer provided me with a car for the day. By 10 am I received a message my car is ready. Am wondering if this is too good to be true. Will go pick it up after i get off if work this afternoon. . .
What was the result? They can't replace the HVBJB that fast so they must have messed up?

I wonder why they need to inspect the vehicle first!
Because some dealers are f'ing idiots and don't know how recalls work. 🤦‍♂️ If you have another dealer you could try them, or you can push back and ask them to politely to re-read the TSB which clearly explains the process and does not require wasting the customer's time with multiple visits.

johanbohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Well I guess it's my turn with this issue. 21' Mach E gave me the dreaded errors 4/10.
Dealer says they have already replaced the HVJB and it still has an issue so I don't know what is going on with it...

Mache_Nor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE LR RWD
Country flag
Well I guess it's my turn with this issue. 21' Mach E gave me the dreaded errors 4/10.
Dealer says they have already replaced the HVJB and it still has an issue so I don't know what is going on with it...
Take anything the dealers say with a Himalayan amounts of salt, as they usually are full of sh*t. On the other hand, could be worse. Could be like me that changed HVBJB and then it broke … and broke again, leading to the car’s fourth HVBJB in two years.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m a conservative driver, but with only 15,000 miles, my ‘21 left me sit. I was able to drive it to the dealer where they said the HVJB failed. It took a week to diagnose, get the parts and install. Everything went smoothly, and I had a great dealer experience at Phil Long Ford.
Sponsored