Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine took exactly 1 month (Oct 21 to Nov 21). I mistakenly waited 2 weeks to contact Ford as the dealer assured me they placed an emergency order through COPIS. But when I finally called Ford, they couldn't see an order in COPIS. So no idea what was really true. Regardless though, be sure to call Ford ASAP.

Anyway, despite the delay, it seems to be fine now. Happened on a road trip 1000 miles from home, and we just drove it the 1000 miles back this week with no problem.
Did you ever find out what was killing your 12V? Was it the pre-charge contact that was sticking? Your scenario sounded familiar. Only think is not for one month but for over a year. Mine flagged positive contact stuck open but they have changed the flags since last winter. Hoping this HVJB replacement makes for less baby sitting this winter and would be interested to know your results.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you ever find out what was killing your 12V? Was it the pre-charge contact that was sticking? Your scenario sounded familiar. Only think is not for one month but for over a year. Mine flagged positive contact stuck open but they have changed the flags since last winter. Hoping this HVJB replacement makes for less baby sitting this winter and would be interested to know your results.
At this point, I don't think anything was. I think the 12v was probably fine all along. That other thread led me to believe it was a weak 12v issue and I was going under that assumption just trying to get by (to get home) last month, but now I think that was just misleading.

When the SSNs got more frequent during our trip in Reno last month, I was monitoring the voltage with my cig lighter meter and was commonly getting 12.3 when the car was off. In an attempt just to get it home, I paid for a new LVB and had them install it. I checked the new one after getting home from the 1000 mile drive this week... 12.3V, just like the other one. And it was reading the normal 13.4 to 14.6 at all the normal times when the car was on (full and trickle charges).

And I remember checking it a year ago too, and getting the same readings. 12.3 has always been normal on mine. I assumed maybe the battery was weakened from the month in transit or something (when first getting the car), but now I think that's probably just the norm.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At this point, I don't think anything was. I think the 12v was probably fine all along. That other thread led me to believe it was a weak 12v issue and I was going under that assumption just trying to get by (to get home) last month, but now I think that was just misleading.

When the SSNs got more frequent during our trip in Reno last month, I was monitoring the voltage with my cig lighter meter and was commonly getting 12.3 when the car was off. In an attempt just to get it home, I paid for a new LVB and had them install it. I checked the new one after getting home from the 1000 mile drive this week... 12.3V, just like the other one. And it was reading the normal 13.4 to 14.6 at all the normal times when the car was on (full and trickle charges).

And I remember checking it a year ago too, and getting the same readings. 12.3 has always been normal on mine. I assumed maybe the battery was weakened from the month in transit or something (when first getting the car), but now I think that's probably just the norm.
It hovers in the mid 12V a lot but when it goes down to 11 you know you have a problem. So you are not too sure what the problem was other than messages on the screen? No contact stuck codes or something else?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It hovers in the mid 12V a lot but when it goes down to 11 you know you have a problem. So you are not too sure what the problem was other than messages on the screen? No contact stuck codes or something else?
Mine never dropped below 12. Well except once when I picked it up when they put in the new battery, but pretty sure that was because they didn't have time to fully charge it (it was a rush job to get it at that point).

The real problem was definitely the HVBJB, as they diagnosed it. I just don't know what the codes mean. Here's the section of the receipt, if it helps any. Code p0ada.

20221125_082030.jpg

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Mine never dropped below 12. Well except once when I picked it up when they put in the new battery, but pretty sure that was because they didn't have time to fully charge it (it was a rush job to get it at that point).

The real problem was definitely the HVBJB, as they diagnosed it. I just don't know what the codes mean. Here's the section of the receipt, if it helps any. Code p0ada.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 20221125_082030

now that you have the actual real physical remove/replace of the HVBJB, and associated module update/resets, all should be well.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
now that you have the actual real physical remove/replace of the HVBJB, and associated module update/resets, all should be well.
Yep, no problems with it on the 1000 mile drive home. It's clear that was the real problem. Just hope the new HVBJB has better components and lasts longer than the original (like, the life of the car now).

LF699

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus CT 200h, Mach-E GTPE, Volvo C40
Country flag
On Friday 11/11 I woke up to a charge fault on Ford pass. When I got in the car there was a Stop Safely Now alert on the screen. The car had full accessory power but would not start. The car is a 2021 GTPE and has 14,000 miles. At 9:45 a.m. I contacted roadside assistance told them what kind of car it was and said to them it will need a flat bed tow truck. At 12:10 p.m. a wheel lift tow truck arrived and the driver insisted he could tow it but I told him no and to call a flatbed. The second truck arrived at 3:30 p.m. The driver was much more cooperative and we pushed it out of the garage and loaded it on to the flatbed without any problems. It was late Friday and I called Don Davis Ford in Arlington, TX and they told me they would not be able to look at it for about a week. I explained to them what I thought the problem was and asked them it they could just test the codes on Monday so they could order the HVBJB as soon as possible as it could take a while. They did and my car was ready on 11/22. With the all the great info and help on this forum I knew what to tell the dealer and start a case with the BEV team as soon as possible. Thanks!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On Friday 11/11 I woke up to a charge fault on Ford pass. When I got in the car there was a Stop Safely Now alert on the screen. The car had full accessory power but would not start. The car is a 2021 GTPE and has 14,000 miles. At 9:45 a.m. I contacted roadside assistance told them what kind of car it was and said to them it will need a flat bed tow truck. At 12:10 p.m. a wheel lift tow truck arrived and the driver insisted he could tow it but I told him no and to call a flatbed. The second truck arrived at 3:30 p.m. The driver was much more cooperative and we pushed it out of the garage and loaded it on to the flatbed without any problems. It was late Friday and I called Don Davis Ford in Arlington, TX and they told me they would not be able to look at it for about a week. I explained to them what I thought the problem was and asked them it they could just test the codes on Monday so they could order the HVBJB as soon as possible as it could take a while. They did and my car was ready on 11/22. With the all the great info and help on this forum I knew what to tell the dealer and start a case with the BEV team as soon as possible. Thanks!
That sounded like my issue too -- SSN when trying to start the car and it would put it into accessory mode instead of a full start. Except mine was intermittent. After 5-10 start attempts over 5-10 minutes, it would eventually start. But that got increasingly worse over a 5-day period. To the point where I was thrilled to finally get it started so I could drive it straight to the dealer, avoiding a tow.

Once I'd get it started, the car was perfectly normal (no messages or limited power).

If others experience that similar pattern just when trying to start it (there are multiple types of HVBJB failure), keep trying another 5-10 times spread out about a minute each. The car doesn't have a physical starter like an ICE car so it's not seriously draining the 12v battery to keep trying. It does drain a little just from using accessory mode each time but not a lot.

LF699

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus CT 200h, Mach-E GTPE, Volvo C40
Country flag
That sounded like my issue too -- SSN when trying to start the car and it would put it into accessory mode instead of a full start. Except mine was intermittent. After 5-10 start attempts over 5-10 minutes, it would eventually start. But that got increasingly worse over a 5-day period. To the point where I was thrilled to finally get it started so I could drive it straight to the dealer, avoiding a tow.

Once I'd get it started, the car was perfectly normal (no messages or limited power).

If others experience that similar pattern just when trying to start it (there are multiple types of HVBJB failure), keep trying another 5-10 times spread out about a minute each. The car doesn't have a physical starter like an ICE car so it's not seriously draining the 12v battery to keep trying. It does drain a little just from using accessory mode each time but not a lot.
I did try to start it several time with out any luck. I was actually relieved it happen at home. I have been wanting to have the HVBJB replaced so I would not have to worry about it failing any more hopefully.

LuckyKH4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE
Country flag
For what it's worth for anyone tracking, I had my HVBJB failure confirmed by Ford on Friday Nov 18th and was notified today (Friday Nov 25th) that the repair was complete. I had been told by Ford that the part wouldn't ship to the dealer until next week, so I was very pleasantly surprised. '22 GTPE in NY.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For what it's worth for anyone tracking, I had my HVBJB failure confirmed by Ford on Friday Nov 18th and was notified today (Friday Nov 25th) that the repair was complete. I had been told by Ford that the part wouldn't ship to the dealer until next week, so I was very pleasantly surprise. '22 GTPE in NY.
Great news, what dealer was that?

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
My car went to the dealer at 7:30am this morning. I provided them with the TSB and my BEV rep and case number this morning. At 3pm they called, confirmed that the issue we are experiencing is explained in the TSB, and that they are ordering the new HVBJB through COPIS on Monday. So far so good! Getting a rental tomorrow.

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 x3 M40i , 2020 Tundra, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
For anyone that received a huge value debit card from Ford because of a long term rental... I just added the debit card to my venmo account and sent the total amount to my wife and it worked perfectly. $0 fee and then you can transfer to your bank. EZ PZ.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car is down at the dealer due to the HVBJB. The good news was my wife drove the car to Pasadena and back after a full charge. I drove it for a few miles got out of the car came back an hour later tried to start the car and got stopped safely now. The car didn't even start immediately call AAA as I don't have any trust in the towing capabilities of the Ford roadside assistance due to all the negative feedback plus my own personal experiences and wait times. loaded quickly on a flatbed due to the help from this forum as far as towing a car correctly even pointed out a few things for the tow truck driver which was nice for him and he was grateful. He told the car safely to Theodore Robins Ford in Costa Mesa, California where they have done multiple repairs for this problem including the sales manager, who owns one hamster performance model, and had his done. My car is a job 2 MachE GT 2021 .
‘Mach E 2021 vin 3FMTK4SE7MME00109
Order #
New Finish date 10-20-2021

IMG_7352.JPG

IMG_7354.JPG

IMG_7355.JPG
Updated part order today is on Back order . glad i had the guidance of this site . Update dealer stated they put an emergency order for the part and it's to arrive December 5 opening for the best.

Last edited: