jprot

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTP
Country flag
Thank you Rob! I just called Ford at the number provided in the beginning of this thread and discovered that the dealer had not actually escalated to Ford, so the customer service rep called them and did the escalation for me. According to the rep the part is out of stock from the manufacturer due to a shortage of components, once it is manufactured the escalation we just did will result in it being shipped directly to the dealer. Sounds like a long wait lies ahead.
Very happy to report that the car is now fixed, exactly one week after placing that phonecall to Ford. I have not picked it up as I'm traveling but it's ready and charged waiting for me. I'm very grateful to this forum for the guidance.

Flyboy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job-2 Mach E Premium, AWD Ext Battery
Occupation
Retired Industrial Hygienist, Consultant - ISO 17025 Lab Auditor
Country flag
Update on my '21 Job 2. Went in for the usual SVS, HVJB replacement on Oct 21st.

I stopped by Lamarque today to talk to my service rep., just missed him but talked to a Service Mgr. He said that even though the tech (the only qualified tech) was in for a few hours a day, he still isn’t cleared to go back “to work”. He is not scheduled to start working again until after the first…
We wait another 2 weeks - at least I still have the F-150 FX4 (a whopping 19 mpg). They said that 3 technicians will be going to TX to get trained to work on EV's - too late to help me this time.

More important – no one there has a clue about how to “Store” an EV for long periods of time (it has been two months and a day). They let the 12 V battery go without charging it. When I got there it was so low that I got a “12 Volt System Failure” message, luckily there was enough juice to open the door and start the car up. That cleared the error message. The shop staff thought they could just “jump it” – never though about how to open the doors with a dead battery.

In addition, the brake pads had rusted to the rotors. It was so bad that I couldn’t get the car to move in Whisper Mode, had to switch to Engage and give it a lot of peddle. I am concerned that it may have caused permanent damage to the rotors, or if the rotors on the MachE can be turned.

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
Update on my '21 Job 2. Went in for the usual SVS, HVJB replacement on Oct 21st.

I stopped by Lamarque today to talk to my service rep., just missed him but talked to a Service Mgr. He said that even though the tech (the only qualified tech) was in for a few hours a day, he still isn’t cleared to go back “to work”. He is not scheduled to start working again until after the first…
We wait another 2 weeks - at least I still have the F-150 FX4 (a whopping 19 mpg). They said that 3 technicians will be going to TX to get trained to work on EV's - too late to help me this time.

More important – no one there has a clue about how to “Store” an EV for long periods of time (it has been two months and a day). They let the 12 V battery go without charging it. When I got there it was so low that I got a “12 Volt System Failure” message, luckily there was enough juice to open the door and start the car up. That cleared the error message. The shop staff thought they could just “jump it” – never though about how to open the doors with a dead battery.

In addition, the brake pads had rusted to the rotors. It was so bad that I couldn’t get the car to move in Whisper Mode, had to switch to Engage and give it a lot of peddle. I am concerned that it may have caused permanent damage to the rotors, or if the rotors on the MachE can be turned.
My GTPE rotors rusted the same way when it sat in the dealer lot for over a month. The rotors will be fine. Do a couple hard stops. The larger concern would be sticking caliper pistons.

Here is the procedure from the manual (you might pass it on to your dealer) to open the frunk with a dead battery.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 287 Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 9.28.04 PM

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
Very happy to report that the car is now fixed, exactly one week after placing that phonecall to Ford. I have not picked it up as I'm traveling but it's ready and charged waiting for me. I'm very grateful to this forum for the guidance.
Glad to hear it went well. Enjoy your MME!

r5turbo2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Add me to the list. 08/21 build GTPE. Stranded in Whistler after drive up from Seattle. Tried a LVB disconnect reset but nothing helps. Car was fine until I plugged in level 2 charger on arrival 🙁 going to be a logistical nightmare getting this fixed cross border.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread PXL_20230102_060613957

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Add me to the list. 08/21 build GTPE. Stranded in Whistler after drive up from Seattle. Tried a LVB disconnect reset but nothing helps. Car was fine until I plugged in level 2 charger on arrival 🙁 going to be a logistical nightmare getting this fixed cross border.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread PXL_20230102_060613957
Are you the second one with the beefier part that has failed?

I feel for you. Hope it goes reasonably well.

I have a Lyriq on order and might actually take it now. I am also waiting for the Macan EV order banks to open.

good luck, not the way to start a new year.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
PXL_20230102_060613957.jpg
Wow, I am so sorry for your predicament. I think you are right, it is going to be very challenging for you since the car is in Canada and you purchased the car in the US. If Ford is like a lot of manufactures, your warranty will not apply to the car at a dealer in Canada. This will probably need some substantial assistance from the BEV (or Ford corporate) if this is the case.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Oh that's really bad. Keep your receipts and open a case. Idk if you can tow across the border, I guess you can? What's the closest dealer in Washington? Might want to research... Ford does reimburse for out of pocket tows, perhaps you can see if you have insurance covered tow or pay out of pocket to get it somewhere in the states?

r5turbo2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Oh that's really bad. Keep your receipts and open a case. Idk if you can tow across the border, I guess you can? What's the closest dealer in Washington? Might want to research... Ford does reimburse for out of pocket tows, perhaps you can see if you have insurance covered tow or pay out of pocket to get it somewhere in the states?
Looking into options...I tried disconnecting the LVB for 30 minutes...didn't help. I can confirm LVB disconnect is a PITA (used the 13mm jump start bolt/stud method). Also a really bad idea to have the key on you while doing this (I though I just had my phone but I'd brought the key on this trip 'just in case'), some major sparks I didn't expect.
A couple of other things I noticed:
  1. Bought the car from dealer (sales VP car for 1 year) with 12k miles. For sure someone had been in at the LVB since the positive jump terminal cover was off and several clips are missing from the 2 panels.
  2. Threading back in the 13mm stud is tricky given the cable bending required. I would hate to cross thread that thing...it was a struggle to get the hole aligned and the stud started. Spending more time on alignment would have helped.
  3. I had checked online for recalls and was running 3.6.1 Power up with no updates available. Assuming I had an original HVBJB with the software mitigation!?
  4. I'm assuming dealer will need a real key!? Thankfully I brought mine but what do folks do who just have 'phone as key' with them when this happens?
  5. Anyone know how long the LVB battery will last in this state? I took the thread advice, putting the car in tow mode and pushing it into the driveway where a flatbed could load it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread PXL_20221221_012005955

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Looking into options...I tried disconnecting the LVB for 30 minutes...didn't help. I can confirm LVB disconnect is a PITA (used the 13mm jump start bolt/stud method). Also a really bad idea to have the key on you while doing this (I though I just had my phone but I'd brought the key on this trip 'just in case'), some major sparks I didn't expect.
A couple of other things I noticed:
  1. Bought the car from dealer (sales VP car for 1 year) with 12k miles. For sure someone had been in at the LVB since the positive jump terminal cover was off and several clips are missing from the 2 panels.
  2. Threading back in the 13mm stud is tricky given the cable bending required. I would hate to cross thread that thing...it was a struggle to get the hole aligned and the stud started. Spending more time on alignment would have helped.
  3. I had checked online for recalls and was running 3.6.1 Power up with no updates available. Assuming I had an original HVBJB with the software mitigation!?
  4. I'm assuming dealer will need a real key!? Thankfully I brought mine but what do folks do who just have 'phone as key' with them when this happens?
  5. Anyone know how long the LVB battery will last in this state? I took the thread advice, putting the car in tow mode and pushing it into the driveway where a flatbed could load it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread PXL_20221221_012005955
Glad you happened to have your key with you... I have a key in a faraday bag hidden in my car which was very important when I was similarly stranded.

YellowItsMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cyber Orange GTPE
Country flag
Add me to the list.
2021 GTPE. I bought it used with 5k miles. Had done some DC fast charging and just the night before some WOT driving while showing the vehicle to a friend. On 12/20 I stopped at a store, got out (noticed the radio still stayed on after opening my door...don't remember it normally doing that), and when I got back into the car I got the "Stop Safely Now" message and the car was bricked.

Looking back, about a week after buying the car (12/2) I did receive the "Service Soon" and "Powertrain Failure" messages one morning...they cleared themselves shortly thereafter. I didn't know it at the time but I guess those are the precursor messages to the HVBJB failure. (??)

Anyway, got towed to the service center and immediately filed a case with the BEV team. It's been there two weeks. They claim they were shipped the wrong part in the right box (riiiiiiight) at first but then they got the right part and now the repair is done but they need the painter to paint some trim (WHAT?!). Needless to say, this has not been a great experience.

I'm sketched out by the trim painting bit. I'm worried they damaged my paint and aren't being straightforward with me. This is not part of the repair, right?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread IMG_2952