mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I was trying to go through this thread, but I’m on mobile, and it’s a less than ideal. But great information!

I have a 2022 CR1 RWD with 4494 miles, built after the recall in June 2022. In SoCal, we’ve been getting rain, and my wife just reported that she got the SVS message along with the Pre-Collision Assist Not Availble messages. Unfortunately, I’m not home, so she parked the car nose in. Hopefully that won’t be a problem. I do not see the HVBJB message in Ford Pass. Ford Pass also has some messages about Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning.

Is this something that could be caused by the rain? We haven’t driven through many puddles, but there is a lot of water on the roads, so it’s not entirely avoidable. Am I safe to assume this isn’t an HVBJB issue? I’m scheduling an appointment, but I think it’s too late to call the dealer at this time.

Ford Power-Up 3.6.2 was the latest update, installed 1/12/23.
There are multiple causes for the SVS message. If FP didn't indicate a battery problem, it is unlikely to be the HVBJB.
Sponsored

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
There are multiple causes for the SVS message. If FP didn't indicate a battery problem, it is unlikely to be the HVBJB.
Thank you for confirming! That makes me feel much better! Hopefully this is something that will not be as major of an issue.

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I just went through this and picked up my Mach-E GT today. If you end up with this issue, read page 1 of this thread and follow the recommendations. Again, thank you to @DevSecOps and everyone who has contributed.

While not ideal, Ford is making an effort and the BEV team was helpful as was the dealership.

dipenami

First Name
Dipen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
my 2022 Mustang Mach-E premium was purchased on October 2022, on January 16th, got AWD fault service required msg. then it stalled at the traffic light and Ford roadside towed it to the closest ford dealer, now it has been sitting there since then, they started diagnostics but it has been going on for 3-4 days but haven't given me any details, they do not have loaner and I can't rent a car since Ford warranty requires full diagnostics before commit to any rental.

I started looking online for the resources and came to this forum and seems like my car may have this issue about HVBJB failure, since this is known I hope that dealership's service tech. should know about this.

question is, since dealership and Ford customer relations line are not helping in this situation for either fixing my car or have rental or loaner, what would be the solution? or am I on the mercy of that ford dealership?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
my 2022 Mustang Mach-E premium was purchased on October 2022, on January 16th, got AWD fault service required msg. then it stalled at the traffic light and Ford roadside towed it to the closest ford dealer, now it has been sitting there since then, they started diagnostics but it has been going on for 3-4 days but haven't given me any details, they do not have loaner and I can't rent a car since Ford warranty requires full diagnostics before commit to any rental.

I started looking online for the resources and came to this forum and seems like my car may have this issue about HVBJB failure, since this is known I hope that dealership's service tech. should know about this.

question is, since dealership and Ford customer relations line are not helping in this situation for either fixing my car or have rental or loaner, what would be the solution? or am I on the mercy of that ford dealership?
Your dealer needs to pull the codes. If the codes indicate the HVBJB issue, the BEV team will cover a loaner/rental. Please see the phone number at the first post of this thread to call so you can get contact with the BEV team and a case number. Get your case manager to coax your dealer into at least pulling the codes. 🤔🐩

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Again the feared SVS message has come back in my car, this time the car won't even move.
Charging also failed, so again i am waiting for ford assistance to pick up the car and deliver to the dealership.

SOBDMC has Code P1A10:00-AF Battery disabled....
BECM has code P0563:00-AF System voltage high

@DevSecOps So resetting the errorcode just postponed the repair needed...

Last edited:

bluestripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've finally received my car back after almost 6 months... (and what a relief to be driving it again, I still love this car) appearing to be in working order, not received any paperwork from Ford, so no idea what they actually did. Will be pursuing this.

Thanks for the support

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I've finally received my car back after almost 6 months...
Six months, wow! That’s an insanely long time.I look forward to hearing what you learn from Ford.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Again the feared SVS message has come back in my car, this time the car won't even move.
Charging also failed, so again i am waiting for ford assistance to pick up the car and deliver to the dealership.

SOBDMC has Code P1A10:00-AF Battery disabled....
BECM has code P0563:00-AF System voltage high

@DevSecOps So resetting the errorcode just postponed the repair needed...
Yeah, no one is advocating (that I'm aware of) to clear the code and go about your business. That's only prolonging an even worse event.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I've finally received my car back after almost 6 months... (and what a relief to be driving it again, I still love this car) appearing to be in working order, not received any paperwork from Ford, so no idea what they actually did. Will be pursuing this.

Thanks for the support
6 months? Wtf, unacceptable

Bullitt_&_MME

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Bullitt; 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Got my HVBJB error code while driving last Sunday. Been in the shop all week being diagnosed. I have one question, and I can't seem to find the answer after some basic searches. (forgive me if this is out there, and I missed it...)

Is there any evidence/data to suggest that upon being fixed, this new piece/part can still fault again? I've read a couple posts where it did happen to a few of us, but is this something we should feel confident will NOT happen again? Thanks.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Got my HVBJB error code while driving last Sunday. Been in the shop all week being diagnosed. I have one question, and I can't seem to find the answer after some basic searches. (forgive me if this is out there, and I missed it...)

Is there any evidence/data to suggest that upon being fixed, this new piece/part can still fault again? I've read a couple posts where it did happen to a few of us, but is this something we should feel confident will NOT happen again? Thanks.
Although you can't make too many assumptions based upon reading forums, failures of the revised part appear to be rare.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

The new part is “more robust.” I believe there are a couple of people who have had an HVBJB replacement with the new part who have had a repeat failure. The majority seem to be fine. 🤔🐩

Bullitt_&_MME

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Bullitt; 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
OKay, I've just been officially "diagnosed" with parts on back-order. Anyone recently in this camp and have estimates on wait time for the new part?

Flyboy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job-2 Mach E Premium, AWD Ext Battery
Occupation
Retired Industrial Hygienist, Consultant - ISO 17025 Lab Auditor
Country flag
Follow-up: My Job 2 ,2021 went in for the HVJB on Oct 21st 2021, 89 days later I got it back. Guess someone knew the Lemon law in Louisiana is 90 days. After looking at Extended Warranty options, I found that none of the programs cover the HVJB more than 3years / 36,000 miles !!!. Has anyone found one that covers the HVJB longer?
Sponsored