Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE4X; 2004 Maserati Coupe GT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Make sure your dealer special-ordered the parts through COPIS. The HVBJB will not be delivered unless it’s ordered through COPIS. 🥲🐩
An update: Just got the word yesterday that the part is in the pipeline and should be here by early next week at the latest....then it's a matter of when they can get the tech to get to it. My next concern is does the tech know what he is doing, or learning on the fly. Only good news related to that is the owner of the dealership's wife has a MachE and so do a couple of his good friends. So the hope is he can get it right. Really want my car back....but on bright side, I'm not putting miles on it! LOL (Have to try and keep a postitive attitude, right?)
Thanks for the reply. Great community!
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
An update: Just got the word yesterday that the part is in the pipeline and should be here by early next week at the latest....then it's a matter of when they can get the tech to get to it. My next concern is does the tech know what he is doing, or learning on the fly. Only good news related to that is the owner of the dealership's wife has a MachE and so do a couple of his good friends. So the hope is he can get it right. Really want my car back....but on bright side, I'm not putting miles on it! LOL (Have to try and keep a postitive attitude, right?)
Thanks for the reply. Great community!
Is your dealer on the map? 🤔🐩

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Update from March1 post: Dealer read the codes, they changed the HVBJB first last week, faults didn’t clear. Corporate Ford tech support said to change the rear inverter battery harness, they changed that out yesterday and still the faults won’t clear. If it’s like my work, they’ve officially reached parts swapping mode…hell, throw a new main cpu, battery pack and two new motors on it while we’re at it! 🙄
They might have to replace the rear pack connector if it's an interlock fault.

bluestripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Six months, wow! That’s an insanely long time.I look forward to hearing what you learn from Ford.
I got a 60+ page report - They took it apart to diagnose, and found 2 arrays or cells were leaking? Had to get them replaced and there was a whole load of tests for the battery and it seems like they eventually got the parts and replaced the two arrays. Overheat --> cell split open --> leak. Thankfully didn't catch on fire!

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
There really should be a proactive replacement campaign at this point.
I think the problem with this approach would be taking away limited parts from vehicles who are experiencing current failures. It would also swamp the already overcrowded dealer service departments making wait times even longer.

I do believe there should be a process in place at the Ford Corporate level when it comes to this failure. That should include a dedicated team at Ford who is responsible for taking these calls and remotely scanning codes to see if it is a HVBJB failure. If it is a HVBJB failure, that same team should be the ones who set up an appointment with the dealer and get a loaner/rental car set up immediately until the vehicle is repaired.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I think the problem with this approach would be taking away limited parts from vehicles who are experiencing current failures. It would also swamp the already overcrowded dealer service departments making wait times even longer.

I do believe there should be a process in place at the Ford Corporate level when it comes to this failure. That should include a dedicated team at Ford who is responsible for taking these calls and remotely scanning codes to see if it is a HVBJB failure. If it is a HVBJB failure, that same team should be the ones who set up an appointment with the dealer and get a loaner/rental car set up immediately until the vehicle is repaired.
I guess I'm more concerned about the PTSD I'm afraid I'm going to have if it keeps happening........ The more I read this forum, the more it seems like all this vehicle has is glitches and issues. I'm also on a Maserati forum for a 2004 Maserati Coupe GT that I have...but it's nearly 20 years old and has a Ferrari derived V-8 so I expect it to be "buggy" (am I allowed to mention ICE on this forum? LOL). Anyway, I'm always amazed at the wealth of knowledge on these forums. I am engineerily inept, so I feel adrift at sea even "thinking" about the next thing that may happen. All I want to do, is hit the start button, place it in gear, and "enjoy the ride"....not worry about the next time that it comes to an abrupt end. Am I wrong for feeling this way? Maybe the people who've had absolutely no trouble with this vehicle are too busy driving the car to be typing on this site..........

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I guess I'm more concerned about the PTSD I'm afraid I'm going to have if it keeps happening........ The more I read this forum, the more it seems like all this vehicle has is glitches and issues. I'm also on a Maserati forum for a 2004 Maserati Coupe GT that I have...but it's nearly 20 years old and has a Ferrari derived V-8 so I expect it to be "buggy" (am I allowed to mention ICE on this forum? LOL). Anyway, I'm always amazed at the wealth of knowledge on these forums. I am engineerily inept, so I feel adrift at sea even "thinking" about the next thing that may happen. All I want to do, is hit the start button, place it in gear, and "enjoy the ride"....not worry about the next time that it comes to an abrupt end. Am I wrong for feeling this way? Maybe the people who've had absolutely no trouble with this vehicle are too busy driving the car to be typing on this site..........
Having been through 3 HVBJB replacements now, I do not fear it at all. The SVS message comes on well in advance of the HVBJB actually bricking the car. This allows you to keep driving the car (at a little reduced power output) until you can get it into the dealer for repair. I have the Car Scanner app on my phone so I can pull codes with the OBD2 reader and that tells me what codes are present.

With my last failure, the light came on when I was way out in the country. I was able to pull codes immediately, drive home safely (around 50 miles), set an appointment with the dealer, drive the car to the dealer to drop off, and then picked up the car after repairs were complete. I am lucky though because I have now found a dealer who understands the problem, a parts department who knows how to order the part correctly, and has an EV tech able to work on the car and now has some experience with the replacement.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Having been through 3 HVBJB replacements now, I do not fear it at all. The SVS message comes on well in advance of the HVBJB actually bricking the car. This allows you to keep driving the car (at a little reduced power output) until you can get it into the dealer for repair. I have the Car Scanner app on my phone so I can pull codes with the OBD2 reader and that tells me what codes are present.

With my last failure, the light came on when I was way out in the country. I was able to pull codes immediately, drive home safely (around 50 miles), set an appointment with the dealer, drive the car to the dealer to drop off, and then picked up the car after repairs were complete. I am lucky though because I have now found a dealer who understands the problem, a parts department who knows how to order the part correctly, and has an EV tech able to work on the car and now has some experience with the replacement.
Wow, you've had 3 HVBJB replacements? I salute your patience.

Would you be able to give us newbies a list of the error codes to watch out for? I got the SVS popup 2 weeks ago and got it into the dealer the next day but the error was after the latest OAT update that caused the SVS warning. It was a great relief but it would have come sooner if I had the OBD reader (which I do have now) and knew which error codes to worry about. Thanks in advance for your help.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

I did get the yellow box SVS warning maybe a week after I got it. Was seeing how many ponies were under the hood, had it over a 100, and the light came on. I thought I "broke it".....my bad.... So I took it to the dealer straight away. They updated all the software, etc, tried to repeat what I did and got no warnings or codes. Then I was good for maybe a month or so. When I got the SSN red box upon start....couldn't start, couldn't move gear shift. "Bricked"! That's what has me spooked!! I had been 150 miles away from home just days prior and that would have been a disaster. It was my first long trip and I DCFC it maybe 4 times....? They all seemed to go well and it wasn't like I was 150 watts....I think 100 was the fastest. But I was showing a couple of people the amazing acceleration, and I've read where maybe doing that can fry the HVBJB. If it does......why can't they put up a warning message on the dash to "stop that!!". The car seems to yell at you for lesser crap. Just a thought.......

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I did get the yellow box SVS warning maybe a week after I got it. Was seeing how many ponies were under the hood, had it over a 100, and the light came on. I thought I "broke it".....my bad.... So I took it to the dealer straight away. They updated all the software, etc, tried to repeat what I did and got no warnings or codes. Then I was good for maybe a month or so. When I got the SSN red box upon start....couldn't start, couldn't move gear shift. "Bricked"! That's what has me spooked!! I had been 150 miles away from home just days prior and that would have been a disaster. It was my first long trip and I DCFC it maybe 4 times....? They all seemed to go well and it wasn't like I was 150 watts....I think 100 was the fastest. But I was showing a couple of people the amazing acceleration, and I've read where maybe doing that can fry the HVBJB. If it does......why can't they put up a warning message on the dash to "stop that!!". The car seems to yell at you for lesser crap. Just a thought.......
The car said "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON" and you took it to your dealer, which is what Ford tells you to do. Unless we know what Diagnostic Test Codes (DTC) your car reported, we don't know if the dealer did the right thing here -- but I suspect they did not.

Ford has specific instructions to their dealers stating if the car comes in with a SVS + particular DTC codes, they are not to do *anything* else, and they are to replace your HVBJB. While SVS can be shown for a number of reasons, a primary one is that your contactors are damaged and your car is at risk of bricking soon.

Let me ask you this -- when you saw the SVS warning, did the power in your car feel severely limited? (If you had a GT model, you have a "power meter" on your instrument cluster, and would see your power being limited by the car).

Anyhow, long story short, I suspect (but cannot confirm) that your dealer screwed up when you took it to them the first time. They were probably supposed to replace your HVBJB before you got stranded, and they took the easy / lazy way out by not doing so.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
The car said "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON" and you took it to your dealer, which is what Ford tells you to do. Unless we know what Diagnostic Test Codes (DTC) your car reported, we don't know if the dealer did the right thing here -- but I suspect they did not.

Ford has specific instructions to their dealers stating if the car comes in with a SVS + particular DTC codes, they are not to do *anything* else, and they are to replace your HVBJB. While SVS can be shown for a number of reasons, a primary one is that your contactors are damaged and your car is at risk of bricking soon.

Let me ask you this -- when you saw the SVS warning, did the power in your car feel severely limited? (If you had a GT model, you have a "power meter" on your instrument cluster, and would see your power being limited by the car).

Anyhow, long story short, I suspect (but cannot confirm) that your dealer screwed up when you took it to them the first time. They were probably supposed to replace your HVBJB before you got stranded, and they took the easy / lazy way out by not doing so.
I'm not denying that you are probably right.... It didn't feel like it had gone into some low power mode. But of course, since I'd just "let it out"....I probably took it easy getting it there anyway.

They told me that the updates they did should fix the problem from happening again. So I felt safe. I just didn't know if the combination of multiple DC fast charges for the first time by me [It had nearly 15k on it when I bought it] (when I'd only really charged it in my garage with the upgraded plug before) and my "sudden accelerations" are what caused the meltdown......

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I'm not denying that you are probably right.... It didn't feel like it had gone into some low power mode. But of course, since I'd just "let it out"....I probably took it easy getting it there anyway.

They told me that the updates they did should fix the problem from happening again. So I felt safe. I just didn't know if the combination of multiple DC fast charges for the first time by me [It had nearly 15k on it when I bought it] (when I'd only really charged it in my garage with the upgraded plug before) and my "sudden accelerations" are what caused the meltdown......
I'd consider going to another dealer next time...
Sponsored