mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Their negligence leaves you without a car for however long it takes to fix it.
I'm not the sue happy type. They of course offered a rental for free as well when it was to be fixed.
Sponsored

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Last updated: 06/15/22

The resolution:

Update 06/03/22: Ford has a new version of the HVBJB that's now being installed into problematic cars. See this post and below.

Ford has issued a recall for this problem. For some vehicles software will be used to mitigate and prevent the issue from happening. Other vehicles will require a re-designed HVBJB. More details to follow regarding how this will be determined.

Now if my car fail right now, are they going to replace the HVBJB but not the contactors? is that what Ford was doing with the cars that failed? meaning it will fail again in the future?
was there any actual replacement to the problematic cheap parts used?

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
My failure happened a week and only a few miles of driving after I shot a video on the new charge curve where I ran the car down to 0% soc then charged right away to 100%, then drove it home on the highway not thinking about how gently or hard I needed to drive it.
Did you ever get a DCFC charge fault?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Well... dealer said it would be done Friday then go to the body shop to correct the tailgate problem, looks like they finished the HVBJB repair since they have now charged the vehicle twice to 100% (why they did it again this morning when it was at 98% already I have no idea.) Sent them another text yesterday asking for an update since it never left for the body shop- they responded this morning it was to be picked up today. Yea, that didn't happen either. :rolleyes: Really losing my patience since they continue to store it on the lot with no progress- and I have to pull teeth to get updates. Ford corporate has been trying to get updates, but of course they are at the dealer's mercy.

Just had to vent, now that we are starting on 5 weeks.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Well... dealer said it would be done Friday then go to the body shop to correct the tailgate problem, looks like they finished the HVBJB repair since they have now charged the vehicle twice to 100% (why they did it again this morning when it was at 98% already I have no idea.) Sent them another text yesterday asking for an update since it never left for the body shop- they responded this morning it was to be picked up today. Yea, that didn't happen either. :rolleyes: Really losing my patience since they continue to store it on the lot with no progress- and I have to pull teeth to get updates. Ford corporate has been trying to get updates, but of course they are at the dealer's mercy.

Just had to vent, now that we are starting on 5 weeks.
Not sure what dealer you are using -- I had a great experience with Sunnyvale Ford. Not sure if you want to move dealers now that your car is drivable, but your dealer doesn't sound too awesome.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Capitol, up to this point they have been good, although their communication sucks. I've had some bad experiences in the past with other dealers, mostly damage happening to the vehicle when in their possession (Sunnyvale was my purchase dealer but they scratched the bumper when they had it overnight for their bodyshop to do some paint correction after delivery.) FYI- I wouldn't recommend the bodyshop they work with across the street- nice guy but the place is a train wreck.

I'm keeping an eye on it this week, if nothing happens by Friday I am going to pick it up and use a different place for the remaining issues.

Not sure what dealer you are using -- I had a great experience with Sunnyvale Ford. Not sure if you want to move dealers now that your car is drivable, but your dealer doesn't sound too awesome.

Al your Pal

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Country flag
Got mine back today. Three and a half weeks, but it really seemed Ford and the dealer were both doing everything they could to get it done and take care of me… one thing though: the gray power limiting bars are gone! Anyone else experience this??

Makes me wonder if they fixed the 5 second power limit with the new junction box? Or maybe they are limiting even more now to protect it and removed the gray bars so it’s harder to tell how much power you’re losing?

anyone have insight on this? Maybe someone did a 1/4 drag before and after the HVBJB replacement?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Got mine back today. Three and a half weeks, but it really seemed Ford and the dealer were both doing everything they could to get it done and take care of me… one thing though: the gray power limiting bars are gone! Anyone else experience this??

Makes me wonder if they fixed the 5 second power limit with the new junction box? Or maybe they are limiting even more now to protect it and removed the gray bars so it’s harder to tell how much power you’re losing?

anyone have insight on this? Maybe someone did a 1/4 drag before and after the HVBJB replacement?
Give it a whirl on the freeway, see if above 60/70 you get the default 2 bars.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Nah I've still got grey bar jail, there's still thermal limiting when things get hot. My HVBJB was replaced with one of the old designed parts, not a new one. Sounds like you might have one of the new "more robust" ones.

Wildturkey101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mach e
Country flag
My car was dropped off at dealer on Friday last week. Got a call this am the update was in and would be installed. It's sitting in my driveway now. That was fast.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag

@Al your Pal Can you update us? Have you seen any grey bars at all yet? Can you go Wide Open Throttle? Can you make a video? 🤞

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@Al your Pal Can you update us? Have you seen any grey bars at all yet? Can you go Wide Open Throttle? Can you make a video? 🤞
I have impressions of performance from the recall software before my bricking, but will save that for my video .. . . . ..

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have impressions of performance from the recall software before my bricking, but will save that for my video .. . . . ..
(note I did not do a WOT festival on the track, just a normal road trip, but have some driving and DCFC impressions)
Sponsored