Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
Well, first post. I am on the 2023 list, was excited about the thought of my next vehicle being a mme so I searched for an mme forum. I was immediately greeted with this thread. This has sufficiently scared me away for now. I am hoping this gets figured out and fixed before I get the opportunity to order. What a disappointment. 😞
Sponsored

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Well, first post. I am on the 2023 list, was excited about the thought of my next vehicle being a mme so I searched for an mme forum. I was immediately greeted with this thread. This has sufficiently scared me away for now. I am hoping this gets figured out and fixed before I get the opportunity to order. What a disappointment. 😞
It'll be fixed by next year. The car is great! Don't let this get you down.

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I sure hope so. Definitely won't buy one if this problem is not identified clearly by Ford, and they explain exactly how it's fixed.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
My GTPE has been in the shop going on three weeks now. I am being told by Autonation Ford the HVBJB replacement is on backorder because of lack of supply. So, no fulfillment date in site.

I experienced a number of level 2 charging faults before the car bricked. I brought it to the attention of the Autonation Ford service department and the service manager dismissed it as a software issue with a turn around time of 7-10 days to update. He has since been fired.

I absolutely love the car, but I have to admit this stop safely issue has taken the wind out of my sail.
@Tedro7 what we’re your L2 charging issues? I’ve noticed my car is occasionally throwing an orange ring when it reaches my software charge limit (90). Fordpass says “EVSE Paused” instead of “Charge limit reached”. It also greys out the “Charge to 100%” button.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
For the last 3 days I have attempted to resurrect my bricked car, allowing the 12v battery maintainer to get it back to 100% before doing so. As expected, the car still reports contractors open and will not charge or do anything beyond accessory mode. The 12 v drops to <25% right after I go into acc mode or anything beyond opening a door.

I just went out and started prepping the car for the service visit & tow tomorrow morning (seat covers, pushing it out of the garage.) and noticed the 12 v went to less than 25%. Thought what the hell, I'll try charging with my 110 charger and imagine my surprise when it starts charging without error. I also noticed that the battery maintainer went from 25% to 75% immediately, then green/100% within a few seconds.

I think I will let the car charge for at least a couple hours before trying to start it, with the hope that I can skip the tow and drive it to the dealer. 🤞 Any ideas what I should not do in order to possibly avoid sticking the contactor again? Total luck of the draw with every start/stop right?

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I sure hope so. Definitely won't buy one if this problem is not identified clearly by Ford, and they explain exactly how it's fixed.
I understand your hesitation but a car forum tends to amplify problems, making them seem bigger than they really are.

There are thousands of forum members but only 28 have reported this problem. It is hard to know the actual failure rate, but most believe it is well below 1%.

So the risk of failure is low, and should not stop you from buying a great car. And it is a great car, as many here (including me) will tell you. Many that have had this problem still love their cars.

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
🤞 Any ideas what I should not do in order to possibly avoid sticking the contactor again? Total luck of the draw with every start/stop right?
It is also a "stop" when charging stops (either when it is done or when you unplug it). I am not sure, but it might be the case that you can turn it "on" (push the start button) while still plugged in, and then unplug it and drive off. I'd try to do it that way if I was you. If it doesn't work, you're in no worse position. But if it does work, then it won't have to open the contactor so there'd be no way for it to get stuck open again.

good luck

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Had the problem, a bit frustrating but still very happy with it. A lot of us have been early adopters going through the joyful pain of testing the car so later adopters get an even better car. Enjoy your 2023, it’ll be awesome.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Ford knows exactly how to fix it and they are working on it. We'll get more info on that shortly. Come back and check on this thread in a few weeks and I'm sure you'll feel better.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford knows exactly how to fix it and they are working on it. We'll get more info on that shortly. Come back and check on this thread in a few weeks and I'm sure you'll feel better.
Hope you’re right , if so that’s great news.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Are new cars being shipped already fixed?
Never mind, I know you can't answer that. 😄

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Are new cars being shipped already fixed?
Never mind, I know you can't answer that. 😄
As of today, I honestly don't know for sure, but I don't think so.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
For me, no warning signs whatsoever.
Me either. No warnings before the failure. Also, one failure happened during cold weather, and the second time it happened during moderate spring weather.

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand your hesitation but a car forum tends to amplify problems, making them seem bigger than they really are.

There are thousands of forum members but only 28 have reported this problem. It is hard to know the actual failure rate, but most believe it is well below 1%.

So the risk of failure is low, and should not stop you from buying a great car. And it is a great car, as many here (including me) will tell you. Many that have had this problem still love their cars.
Thanks. I guess I am most concerned that it will eventually happen to all. I will monitor the issue here and hopefully by the time my opportunity comes to buy a 2023 they will have it figured out and fixed.🤞

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks. I guess I am most concerned that it will eventually happen to all. I will monitor the issue here and hopefully by the time my opportunity comes to buy a 2023 they will have it figured out and fixed.🤞
If you're going to base your buying decision on the problems posted in car forums, I don't think you're going to be able to buy anything.
Sponsored