Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Software or hardware or both, makes a difference on when they can get them done.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Software or hardware or both, makes a difference on when they can get them done.
It'll be a long process. Details to be released soon.

Xweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Country flag
As I said, you will know more soon. Since this is public, yes there will be a recall. Details will be released soon.
I was hoping for a recall. I want to rest easy that they solved the problem.... I hope!

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
It'll be a long process. Details to be released soon.
As someone whose about-to-arrive MME is now under stop sale, do you have any idea whether the fix (whatever it is) can be prioritized for delivery versus in-market MMEs? *hope hope hope*

It's a good thing I have another vehicle.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
As someone whose about-to-arrive MME is now under stop sale, do you have any idea whether the fix (whatever it is) can be prioritized for delivery versus in-market MMEs? *hope hope hope*

Again, details will come soon, but yes those cars will be prioritized.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

You can bet your butt that dealers are going to prioritize non-sold vehicles. They want to sell them and get paid and will just push off customers that call to try and schedule it until they get their cars fixed. Also, most people won't know about the recall for a bit as they have to send letters, etc. so dealers will, hopefully, be able to get the parts/software for their cars before owners even start calling.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What’s more important, people who already have the car and face potential accidents or other potential problems on the road or someone Who doesn’t have the car yet?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
You can bet your butt that dealers are going to prioritize non-sold vehicles. They want to sell them and get paid and will just push off customers that call to try and schedule it until they get their cars fixed. Also, most people won't know about the recall for a bit as they have to send letters, etc. so dealers will, hopefully, be able to get the parts/software for their cars before owners even start calling.
Current owners should not call their dealers please. I will emphatically say this. Do not call asking for anything. This will be a staged event in order of priority. Stay calm and wait for details.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag

I'm also intrigued if this is the case for all MME's or if this is specific VIN's.

The post below makes it seem to me that it may not be every vehicle, and then maybe there's hope for no further delay of the coming delivery...*shrugs*

It is advance notice to dealers. Certain vehicles. SOBDMC and BECM recall.
Contactors may overheat and stick open or weld shut. Former causing a stop safely now, the latter causing a no start. Software and/or hardware solution to be provided Q3 2022
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA via VIN list.

**sorry for cross-posting**

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
What’s more important, people who already have the car and face potential accidents or other potential problems on the road or someone Who doesn’t have the car yet?
I agree, as a safety issue, that should take priority. I'm disappointed, but at this point, I'm also not entirely surprised.

My hope is that, perhaps based on the knowledge collected on this forum, Ford may have a recommendation for drivers to reduce the chance of the malfunction occurring (see some of the suggestions in the above thread, such as manually shutting off charging, etc.), while still being able to safely drive their Mach-Es. {Jonathan}

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I agree, as a safety issue, that should take priority. I'm disappointed, but at this point, I'm also not entirely surprised.

My hope is that, perhaps based on the knowledge collected on this forum, Ford may have a recommendation for drivers to reduce the chance of the malfunction occurring (see some of the suggestions in the above thread, such as manually shutting off charging, etc.), while still being able to safely drive their Mach-Es. {Jonathan}
FWIW it’s jsomething you won’t have to deal with a dealer visit later if that makes you feel better about not getting delivery as soon as you want

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fingers crossed until third quarter! Just drive like normal though and deal as needed. Thanks for all the info. I feel sorry for everyone whose vehicles have been in transit for extended period and now can not receive them. Better safe than sorry.
Sponsored