scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Still going on tomorrow, you should check it out.
Sorry this happened to you.... Did your car have the recall software installed? Curious since your car threw you a SSN brick...
Sponsored

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Grabber Blue
Country flag
Sorry this happened to you.... Did your car have the recall software installed? Curious since your car threw you a SSN brick...
No, but I got a couple of Ota updates last week, the last one was Power-up 22-PU0601-SRV-RC, *a small adjustment so your vehicle can prepare for future updates. "

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, but I got a couple of Ota updates last week, the last one was Power-up 22-PU0601-SRV-RC, *a small adjustment so your vehicle can prepare for future updates. "

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yeah that was the GWM module fix

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah so unfortunately that was not the small adjustment you might have wanted.... :-(

The good thing is you're not the first one at this point to need a new junction box, and the new one definitely has better performance for GTs like yours!
I'm more worried about getting the updated part. My fear are the codes being cleared and being told "you're good to go, now how about this windshield replacement program we can get you into for $1200?"
Don't worry about that -- folks on this forum are on to that trick and will help....

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
My dealer is scheduling two months out for recall services so I didn't even bother making the appointment, jfc. So when is that stupid OTA update coming again? :D Taking a 1000 mile round-trip road trip next week and trying to tell myself not to worry about it, even though my GT has been pretty much issue free for the first 9 months/7k miles.🤞
Wow, where is this dealer. I called dealer 2 weeks back, and got appointment for 3 days later. They came to home, picked the car, and returned it the next day back to my home (home pick up and delivery). The whole thing took 4 business days

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Wow, where is this dealer. I called dealer 2 weeks back, and got appointment for 3 days later. They came to home, picked the car, and returned it the next day back to my home (home pick up and delivery). The whole thing took 4 business days
My dealer refused to do that because they were “short staffed.” I get that that’s a real problem at a ton of businesses, but I do feel some use it as an excuse.

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER,MBZ C300,Porsche Cayman
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
i had a dealer do the 22S41 update, with their paperwork stating that it was done, but it doesn’t appear on SYNC nor on my account. Is there any way to be sure it was done? I’ll contact dealer when they open.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
i had a dealer do the 22S41 update, with their paperwork stating that it was done, but it doesn’t appear on SYNC nor on my account. Is there any way to be sure it was done? I’ll contact dealer when they open.
Folks here with FDRS licenses can see what the dealer updated if you DM someone your VIN. There's no user-facing indication that the recall updates have been completed, so what you're (not) seeing is completely expected.

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update - no luck talking to a human at the dealer this morning so logged a case number by calling Ford's service line. The Ford reps were pretty good, I have to say. They got through to the dealer and relayed the message back to me that it would be diagnosed by Wednesday, confirmed that they'd reimburse up to $2000 in rental costs, and gave me a direct line and email to the Ford rep managing the case.

Got a call 6 hours later from the dealer with the diagnosis - fried HVBJB as suspected. Overnighting a replacement part, hope to get me the car by end of day tomorrow if the part arrives on time. Pretty snappy. Interestingly, the service rep did not know that the replacement HVBJB would be physically different than the old one; he thought it just had new software to protect it from getting fried again.

Shout out to DevSecOps for helping out by DM - folks like him make this forum a great community!

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Quick update - no luck talking to a human at the dealer this morning so logged a case number by calling Ford's service line. The Ford reps were pretty good, I have to say. They got through to the dealer and relayed the message back to me that it would be diagnosed by Wednesday, confirmed that they'd reimburse up to $2000 in rental costs, and gave me a direct line and email to the Ford rep managing the case.

Got a call 6 hours later from the dealer with the diagnosis - fried HVBJB as suspected. Overnighting a replacement part, hope to get me the car by end of day tomorrow if the part arrives on time. Pretty snappy. Interestingly, the service rep did not know that the replacement HVBJB would be physically different than the old one; he thought it just had new software to protect it from getting fried again.

Shout out to DevSecOps for helping out by DM - folks like him make this forum a great community!
I think this very thread has proven that the C part and the B part are truly different. Look at pictures in the original post. That said, I think it's impossible to know if the C part really fixed the hardware issue without more time and testing. Not a lot of people on the forum have one yet.

Last edited:

MightyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE/Acura RDX/Saturn Ion
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'm wondering if we believe that the problem may be ambient temperature related. In other words, with all the heat waves criss-crossing the country, are we seeing a higher failure rate in the south than in Maine?

Will we see a reduction in failure in the winter? Or is the failure mode purely a function of power across the junction (regardless of temperature).

Thoughts?
Mike

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I'm wondering if we believe that the problem may be ambient temperature related. In other words, with all the heat waves criss-crossing the country, are we seeing a higher failure rate in the south than in Maine?

Will we see a reduction in failure in the winter? Or is the failure mode purely a function of power across the junction (regardless of temperature).

Thoughts?
Mike
We will and we have seen failure in the cold as well.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag

I’m happy things are moving so quickly for you but my dealership has been saying since Friday am that the HVBJB is out of stock. Do you know where your dealership obtained one from?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I’m happy things are moving so quickly for you but my dealership has been saying since Friday am that the HVBJB is out of stock. Do you know where your dealership obtained one from?
I know for a fact that they aren't out of stock. My local Sacramento Depot had hundreds of them. I think, and it's only a guess, that they see the part out of stock because they are trying to order the discontinued number. But they should be able to order it, even the old number and get the new one quickly.

Since we are working with you in DM I'll post an update so we can check on it.
Sponsored