Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yeah, only an iOS thing but 4.18.1 is still buggy and doesn't update the percent. Now if I go to "vehicle" tab, where it has the correct percent, it'll trigger an update on the front page immediately, when it didn't before.

Has there been any word on a FordPass rework? I know it has to support all their cars, but, this is getting a bit crazy where it feels like no meaningful steps forward have been made with it. They've publicly said the Sync refresh was coming, but FordPass is just going to keep being dog potpourri?
Out of curiosity do you guys really go into FP that much? I only open it like once a month it seems when I need to charge to 100%. Otherwise I never use it. That reminds me, I should help develop out the code to support "charge to 100%" in HA since it's supported in the API...

I have automations for almost everything though so when the car locks using walk away my watch says "locked" that way I get confirmation. If it doesn't lock I just tell google "lock the car" and it locks. If I want to remote start I just say "start the car". For car data I use my widget.

I know most people don't automate their lives like I do, but what do most of you go into FP for?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Out of curiosity do you guys really go into FP that much? I only open it like once a month it seems when I need to charge to 100%. Otherwise I never use it.

I have automations for almost everything though so when the car locks using walk away my watch says "locked" that way I get confirmation. If it doesn't lock I just tell google "lock the car" and it locks. If I want to remote start I just say "start the car". For car data I use my widget.

I know most people don't automate their lives like I do, but what do most of you go into FP for?
I do for remote start when leaving work, though I guess I can automate this better. I have moved to using the Apple Watch app for remote start as it RELIABLY sends the request after only 2 or 3 seconds, sometimes almost instant, whereas the FP app on my phone will just circle and circle and circle for sometimes 2 minutes before sending the request or erroring out. So odd.

I also check it for SecuriAlerts when I get my car wash to gauge when they'll be done if I have a meeting or want to bail out early.

Lastly, I check it occasionally to see if I plugged it in and it'll charge that night without having to go downstairs to the garage unnecessarily lol.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Out of curiosity do you guys really go into FP that much? I only open it like once a month it seems when I need to charge to 100%. Otherwise I never use it. That reminds me, I should help develop out the code to support "charge to 100%" in HA since it's supported in the API...

Not much really. No programming needed for charge times as I have a flat rate, in a garage so no reason to remote start, I do check occasionally when the charge is estimated to be complete. Just plug in nightly and drive daily listening to the radio - hope it can stay like that!

ohmslaw

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Toyota Rav-4, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Update here. Dealer confirmed its the HVBJB, but they think it'll take a month to get the part LOL. I'm not knocking the dealership. I have no reason to think they are not competent. Should I give Ford Corporate a call to nudge things along, or just let it shake out?
Yes. Call ford. Mine failed the day after the recall software. Dropped the car off Monday; looked at it Tuesday. Ford was expediting parts to them by Thursday. Donā€™t think that would have happened if I didnā€™t open the case with them first.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
My dealership is confused that the part number of the HVBJB theyā€™ve located doesnā€™t match their database. Iā€™m not having a great experience with the BEV customer service at ford corporate either. Just got off the phone with them and they couldnā€™t give me a straight answer either (didnā€™t help that when the automated system asked why I was calling, I said ā€œupdate on my caseā€ and it transferred me to the over the air update team instead, despite me dialing the extension number for my assigned point of contact.)

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Can you point to something that says the NHTSA has a grading system for "safety recalls"? I don't think they have such a thing and I don't think they classify "safety" recalls based on death counts.

This is deemed a safety recall. Not by me, but by the NHTSA:
1658450868591.png

If you want an analogy that's not death related here goes - When I was helping design cloud infrastructure I don't think I would have kept my job if I told Larry Ellis: "We found a security vulnerability that could expose client data to bad actors. We think we patched it 50% so they might still get some, but let's hope not".

They are telling us that this "safety" issue is resolved, or fixed and that it will (and I quote) "prevent damage to the contactor". It's obviously not. I don't see any way to defend that. It honestly amazes me that people think it's resolved. If they have satisfied the NHTSA by saying we will glide them into a dealer before it happens - well that's BS too because now we see that's not always working.

1658451682087.png

Then call me unreasonable. Having the software or not doesn't make me any more or less informed. I have spent hours upon hours on this forum over the last week helping people with failures. My goal is to help fellow members and there's many here that will vouch for that. My goal has never been, and never will be, to defend Ford. I call it how it is and that doesn't mean I hate Ford - I own a Ford like almost everyone here. 2 lawsuits have been filed now. There's plenty of legal experts who see it the same way many of us do.

As I said at the very top - this recall, like it or not, is classified as a safety recall. What you, me or anyone else wants to classify it as doesn't matter. Personally, I don't think it's a safety issue myself. I think it's a huge pain-in-the-ass, but it doesn't matter what I think.

This is one of the main reasons that I'm so against the recall. I've said this many times. I drive a lot. I just had my 20k done today and I have owned the car for 9 months. I am far away from home very often and the last thing I want is ANY kind of HVBJB failure. I got a quote today for replacement and I'm going to pay to have it replaced.

PXL_20220721_151239760~2.jpg
Why wouldn't you just DCFC a bunch and then do a couple give it wide open throttle up and down the highway, that should do the trick and get it replaced for free. :p At least this way you could plan for it to happen and when the vehicle is in the shop.

*Edit* I saw in a later response that you wanted to have the actual broken part to dissect. Still a lot of money for you to spend just for that part :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Why wouldn't you just DCFC a bunch and then do a couple give it wide open throttle up and down the highway, that should do the trick and get it replaced for free. :p At least this way you could plan for it to happen and when the vehicle is in the shop.
First of all I DCFC at least 100kw a week. I also drive the shit out of the car.

But as I mentioned earlier, if I get it replaced under warranty then I'm not entitled to the defective part. If I pay to replace it then, for a $120 core fee, I can take the old part home. I'm very interested in slicing a contactor in half and taking a look at what damage was caused.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My dealership is confused that the part number of the HVBJB theyā€™ve located doesnā€™t match their database. Iā€™m not having a great experience with the BEV customer service at ford corporate either. Just got off the phone with them and they couldnā€™t give me a straight answer either (didnā€™t help that when the automated system asked why I was calling, I said ā€œupdate on my caseā€ and it transferred me to the over the air update team instead, despite me dialing the extension number for my assigned point of contact.)
LK9Z-10C666-C is the latest part number for base AWD, but it looks like the parts catalogs arenā€™t updated with that yet. LK9Z-10C666-A is the correct and current part number for GTs.

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
LK9Z-10C666-C is the latest part number, but it looks like the parts catalogs arenā€™t updated with that yet. LK9Z-10C666-A is the last in the parts catalog. If they order -A they should get a -C sent automatically.
Still any ideas on difference between b and c?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Still any ideas on difference between b and c?
I've been told by Ford that B and C are the same part. Why there's different letters I don't think we know for sure and it could just be some internal hoopla, different vendors, production times etc.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
LK9Z-10C666-C is the latest part number, but it looks like the parts catalogs arenā€™t updated with that yet. LK9Z-10C666-A is the last in the parts catalog. If they order -A they should get a -C sent automatically.
Thanks. Iā€™ll let them know.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

I've been using it to open all the windows to vent heat or remote start it to get the a/c going pretty frequently this summer.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
First of all I DCFC at least 100kw a week. I also drive the shit out of the car.

But as I mentioned earlier, if I get it replaced under warranty then I'm not entitled to the defective part. If I pay to replace it then, for a $120 core fee, I can take the old part home. I'm very interested in slicing a contactor in half and taking a look at what damage was caused.
Feel like your car is probably good? The good part to part variation?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Maybe itā€™s kind of like the car version of a heart murmur. Most of the time itā€™s fine. Some people with heart murmurs can compete in marathons. But sometimes it can cause big problems. (Note I am not a doctor or an engineer or a mechanic.)
Sponsored