Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I can believe you'll be to the point.
He was very the the point! Appreciate a good bullet point answer. :cool: And appreciate the clarification and answers. Sorry mine was long and painful read. I am feeling better though once repaired I should be in good shape!
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I got the SVS as well. The service department was able to diagnose in the same day that I needed a new HVJB. The problem in my case appears to be that the part is not available and they cannot even give me an estimate as to when it would be. It’s been almost a week now, and despite calling Ford Customer service and their parts manager, it seems to be that the part is just not available. They say the new part number is LK9Z10C666B.

I really appreciate the information on this forum, the dealership seem particularly uninformed.

I read earlier on this forum that there was a new part number staring with N and I was able to find various Ford dealerships online that supply parts showing that new part number, saying it superceded the L part number, and even with a nice picture clearly showing the HVJB. But I also read later on the forum that Ford was changing part numbers and therefore, I’m assuming the dealership does have the latest number, with the “B” indicating this is the latest version of part.

So, then I google the new part number LK9Z10C666B and I can find various “OEM parts direct” sites that say I could add to cart right now. They even say it supersedes the “A” part, but with no other indication at all that this is the right part. I it is the right part, I’m trying to understand how I could buy it by the dealership can’t get a hold of it? And I find the fact that nobody is even willing to guess an estimate particularly difficult.

Is anybody able to verify the latest part number and/or comment on if they’ve actually got it replaced?
Tell the dealer to order the part anyway, it should come within a week after ordering in most cases. You must have a case open for the car being in the shop to get the part. If they order LK9Z-10C666-A they will get a LK9Z-10C666-B.

See this: #67

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
When 22V-412 was issued, it identified close to 49,000 Mach E’s being affected. Just a guess, but I’m assuming all of those 49,000 are not on this forum. Does anyone know the actual number of failures that aren’t reported here or on the other forum? I’ve had the OTA update and patiently waiting my turn. Thanks.

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
When 22V-412 was issued, it identified close to 49,000 Mach E’s being affected. Just a guess, but I’m assuming all of those 49,000 are not on this forum. Does anyone know the actual number of failures that aren’t reported here or on the other forum? I’ve had the OTA update and patiently waiting my turn. Thanks.
Original recall earlier this year had it under 300 so I would imagine some number above that, not that it helps. Only Ford is going to know unless they file a report to NHTSA but from what I've seen it appears most complaints on NHTSA are coming from forum members rallying todo so, so same people? https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V412-9582.PDF
"Between July 13, 2021 and May 31, 2022, there have been 286 warranty claims in North America related to an open or welded contactor"

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Original recall earlier this year had it under 300 so I would imagine some number above that, not that it helps. Only Ford is going to know unless they file a report to NHTSA but from what I've seen it appears most complaints on NHTSA are coming from forum members rallying todo so, so same people? https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V412-9582.PDF
"Between July 13, 2021 and May 31, 2022, there have been 286 warranty claims in North America related to an open or welded contactor"
Yeah, that 286 number is stale. It doesn’t include any claims after May 31. It also doesn’t include any claims made outside of North America (at any date). 😕🐩

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Basically there's no way to know unless Ford gives us the number which is very unlikely unless they are compelled to do so.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've updated the main thread heavily with DTCs and what error those cause, included additional links, revised the top section for better readability and redid some of the language throughout with more recent information. Obviously we are no longer at a 0.5% incident rate and post-recall SSN is sitting at about 30-35% of all the cases I've seen.

SDMMEGT

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Maybe this was covered but 84 pages and I’m frustrated enough with the recall that I don’t feel like going through them all lol

Drove 2 hours from San Diego to Palm Springs and 30 min in I got hit with the Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced power and high voltage battery warning. Drove the rest of the way (in Palm Springs for anniversary so wasn’t about to ruin the trip for my lady).

Going to hit the local ford dealership first thing in the morning, but any idea if they’ll give us a loaner car so we can get back to SD while they fix it? I’ll have to drive back up once they are done but don’t want to risk the pull over warning on the 2 hour drive back through the desert just to get it to the dealership I bought it from….anyone get a loaner while waiting for the parts for this/for their recall?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Maybe this was covered but 84 pages and I’m frustrated enough with the recall that I don’t feel like going through them all lol

Drove 2 hours from San Diego to Palm Springs and 30 min in I got hit with the Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced power and high voltage battery warning. Drove the rest of the way (in Palm Springs for anniversary so wasn’t about to ruin the trip for my lady).

Going to hit the local ford dealership first thing in the morning, but any idea if they’ll give us a loaner car so we can get back to SD while they fix it? I’ll have to drive back up once their done but don’t want to risk the pull over warning on the 2 hour drive back through the desert just to get it to the dealership I bought it from….anyone get a loaner for their recall?
I would advise you follow the instruction on page 1 at the top. You should be able to get a rental or loaner.

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 x3 M40i , 2020 Tundra, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I would advise you follow the instruction on page 1 at the top. You should be able to get a rental or loaner.
What would be the procedure to get a loaner? It's not in the first post. Also The first post advises that there is no backorder for the replacement parts but my service advisor/parts department is saying there is.

Is that just a stall tactic because they dont have a service technician available?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
What would be the procedure to get a loaner? It's not in the first post. Also The first post advises that there is no backorder for the replacement parts but my service advisor/parts department is saying there is.

Is that just a stall tactic because they dont have a service technician available?
If you need a loaner call the dealership and ask them what company they use for rental cars. Call the same location that they use and get one on your own. Since we have confirmed in DMs that you have failure they will likely take over the rental contract when the car is being worked on. Of course there's no guarantee of anything, but in all cases I've seen thus far that's been what's happened.

As for the part being on back order, I believe someone is working on making sure that they get the parts you need. All the dealerships are saying this and normally getting the case manager at the Ford Customer Care Center involved gets the part situation worked out. Someone will follow up with you in DMs or via your case manager. Many times the dealership might just call you and say they magically got the part. We have seen some dealerships blame labor shortages on the part, but it's rare but possible.

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 x3 M40i , 2020 Tundra, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you need a loaner call the dealership and ask them what company they use for rental cars. Call the same location that they use and get one on your own. Since we have confirmed in DMs that you have failure they will likely take over the rental contract when the car is being worked on. Of course there's no guarantee of anything, but in all cases I've seen thus far that's been what's happened.

As for the part being on back order, I believe someone is working on making sure that they get the parts you need. All the dealerships are saying this and normally getting the case manager at the Ford Customer Care Center involved gets the part situation worked out. Someone will follow up with you in DMs or via your case manager. Many times the dealership might just call you and say they magically got the part. We have seen some dealerships blame labor shortages on the part, but it's rare but possible.
Appreciate the help for everything so far. Also asked this here instead of DM's incase others have the same question.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Appreciate the help for everything so far. Also asked this here instead of DM's incase others have the same question.
I'll add some information regarding rentals to my main post. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Sponsored