scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I'm officially on my second HVBJB replacement, 2021 GT.

I have a thread on this site detailing my initial experience, with a Stop Safely Now after getting dinner. That was back in April. They replaced the part, but I guess it was still the old version. A few weeks ago, I got a 'Service Vehicle Soon'. The car auto-reduced max power draw, but it was still driveable. Took the car in.

I like my dealership, but the service advisor I got this time seems a bit lacking. He'd initially told me it was some wire that might have frayed, and they'd ordered the part and were waiting. After the part was delayed again, I asked for the part number so I could look into it myself, and lo and hold, it was LK9Z10C666B. Which, from info on this thread, seems to be the new HVBJB. Car has been at the dealer for more than two weeks now, but the part supposedly came in today and so I should see it again in a day or two, I guess. I hope. I can't wait to get back in and on the road.

Anyone else in the HVBJB two-timer club?

Just want to put out a big 'thanks' and 'you guys rock' to all the forumites here. It's been a great resource, and I really appreciate it.
congratulations for your double junction box replacement, from another club member! 🎉🎊🍾

The revised part is still going strong in my car, we’ve gone over mountains and driven the same way, and knock on wood things continue to be trouble free.
Sponsored

tek314159

First Name
Tek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME GT, Ford Fusion
Country flag
congratulations for your double junction box replacement, from another club member! 🎉🎊🍾

The revised part is still going strong in my car, we’ve gone over mountains and driven the same way, and knock on wood things continue to be trouble free.
That's great to hear. I guess I'm glad I got this second swap out of the way now, when I could drive it in, rather than have it conk out at a much less convenient time or place. Just can't wait to get it back. Between the two replacements, the car has been in the shop for about a month of the nine that I've had it.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Furthermore Ford credit have now offered to refund the time I've been without my vehicle and worst case if this isn't resolved soon they may "reject" the vehicle. So this is getting interesting.
Very interesting indeed. They will "refund" the payments? Does that mean you just have to make them later or they will actually credit that towards paying off the loan?

I'm on week 3 of my vehicle being out on a different issue, so I'm self interested in this although I am using Ford Options.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Very interesting indeed. They will "refund" the payments? Does that mean you just have to make them later or they will actually credit that towards paying off the loan?

I'm on week 3 of my vehicle being out on a different issue, so I'm self interested in this although I am using Ford Options.
I know you're not asking me, but I've never seen them waive payments. It's a different arm of Ford completely. They can however defer payments and while someone might think that they aren't paying for the car, they are actually paying more in deferments because the interest is carried on longer. I have seen a number of people who had warranty claims with deferments.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
I know you're not asking me, but I've never seen them waive payments. It's a different arm of Ford completely. They can however defer payments and while someone might think that they aren't paying for the car, they are actually paying more in deferments because the interest is carried on longer. I have seen a number of people who had warranty claims with deferments.
I appreciate you jumping in--a deferment would make more (financial) sense from a loan company. In fact, it would be a brilliant financial move for them--act like you're getting a "favor" but the loan company is actually making more money in the end on interest!

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag

Me too!! Just picked mine up from the dealership with my 2nd HVJB (posted about this a few pages back...had a pre-recall software failure in the middle of a road trip back in April and now the "good" part here in September). I had great communication from the service center and from Ford customer service. Stinks to be without my car for the better part of the month, but the rental Edge they provided (via Hertz) got me around (was surreal to have the driver console almost the same as my old 2011 edge but the center screen being a smaller version of the MachE setup...zero learning curve ftw :cool:).

Was GREAT to drive my GT again. Took me about 10 minutes to re-tune back to 1PD and zero minutes to zero-to-60 it as soon as I got on the nearby frontage road. I did miss the instant torque...it is good to have her back! The first stop was the touchless car wash to get it all shiny and sparkly.

The service manager even sent me some pictures of her with the battery out etc. knowing I would think it was cool to see. This was the first one done by Interstate Ford here in Colorado (just north of Denver on I25) and they did a great job. He said they have their next one on deck to replace this week.

Hoping for a nice error-message free rest of the year (and next year too...but won't set my expectations too high just yet...)

zakth

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT eAWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone actually spoke to someone from the BEV Team when calling the 800 number? I keep getting forwarded around and no one knows what I’m talking about.

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag

My dealer called today said the HVBJB just showed up, they had ordered it about a week ago. I asked the part # is LK9Z10C666B same as yours. Someone else had posted the new and old p/ns and I haven't found that. The # they posted is different than this one, not sure what that means, I assume this is an updated one. I also assume none of the new ones address the 5 sec fiasco on the GTPE. Of course now it sounds like most of 2 weeks before they can get to it.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
My dealer called today said the HVBJB just showed up, they had ordered it about a week ago. I asked the part # is LK9Z10C666B same as yours. Someone else had posted the new and old p/ns and I haven't found that. The # they posted is different than this one, not sure what that means, I assume this is an updated one. I also assume none of the new ones address the 5 sec fiasco on the GTPE. Of course now it sounds like most of 2 weeks before they can get to it.
As you can read in the original thread starter here, you cannot get the old part.

You still only have 5 seconds of full power at a time, but you’ll get your car back with the confidence you don’t have to worry about this part failing.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Read first post in thread.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
New development on my car. It got finally towed to the dealer today and at the end of the day they called me that everything was fine. They did all updates en that was it. I was (still am) very suspicious about this but what can i do ? Everything drives fine now. So maybe it was a bogus warning. Anyway i am currently charging dc to 80% and about to drive 80 miles so wish me luck.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
New development on my car. It got finally towed to the dealer today and at the end of the day they called me that everything was fine. They did all updates en that was it. I was (still am) very suspicious about this but what can i do ? Everything drives fine now. So maybe it was a bogus warning. Anyway i am currently charging dc to 80% and about to drive 80 miles so wish me luck.
Do you have an OBDII scanner? If so, see if it pulls the codes. My dealer did software updates because they told me it didn't have the codes in the recall. Well, they were wrong, it does, and now the hardware is on order as I sit in limp mode again.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Do you have an OBDII scanner? If so, see if it pulls the codes. My dealer did software updates because they told me it didn't have the codes in the recall. Well, they were wrong, it does, and now the hardware is on order as I sit in limp mode again.
If there was still an error code i still would be in turtle mode..

So i tried to misbehave on the road. But everything works as expected. Maybe i am just lucky ? Time will tell

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
If there was still an error code i still would be in turtle mode..

So i tried to misbehave on the road. But everything works as expected. Maybe i am just lucky ? Time will tell
They should have replaced it under TSB 22-2178

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

I bet you’re not playing Blippi as freely as before. 🤪🐩
Sponsored