Stina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Also once you're fixed (and you need to contact the BEV team to get your part moving and to poke your dealer!) this part is no longer an issue -- they redesigned it and no one with the new part has failed (except for 1-2 that were duds right out of the factory and died driving off the dealer lot).

So I think you just gotta read post #1 and poke the dealer in the right way, and you'll start loving the car again once it is fixed....
Oh we called and got a case # day it went in the shop. Everyone is saying the same thing the part is on back order with NO ETA. Ford costumer relations rep told us the part is so far on backorder it hasn't even been made yet.
Working a deal with a different dealership and trading it in on a bronco. It is what it is I guess.
Sponsored

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Update I want to let everybody know that the dealer got my car out and repaired even though the part was back ordered. I took a total of five days and it took a day and a half of them to replace the part. The warranty charge was $2600 although the technician who did the repair said it was worth a lot more than that because he spent a day and a half making it happen big kudos to the dealer for rushing the part from Ford.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Oh we called and got a case # day it went in the shop. Everyone is saying the same thing the part is on back order with NO ETA. Ford costumer relations rep told us the part is so far on backorder it hasn't even been made yet.
Working a deal with a different dealership and trading it in on a bronco. It is what it is I guess.
I bet your dealer didn't order the part in the right way on COPIS. But enjoy the dino-juice burning Bronco :)

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
You need to just get on the phone. Not too hard to get a month of payments covered if that’s how long it’s out. Plus reimbursement for gas, even your service advisor can get that approved by his manager/director/GM.

The part generally seems to always just show out of stock and then magically appears. I’d just make sure it was ordered right. Just push your BEV rep and make them confirm it was ordered properly or have your advisor send you proof and post it here.

I always find it interesting that people are annoyed with the situation and then trade it in for another Ford. If I was truly getting screwed by Ford or unhappy with how they’re handling a situation, I most certainly wouldn’t get another car from them lol. Especially another new model!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You need to just get on the phone. Not too hard to get a month of payments covered if that’s how long it’s out. Plus reimbursement for gas, even your service advisor can get that approved by his manager/director/GM.

The part generally seems to always just show out of stock and then magically appears. I’d just make sure it was ordered right. Just push your BEV rep and make them confirm it was ordered properly or have your advisor send you proof and post it here.

I always find it interesting that people are annoyed with the situation and then trade it in for another Ford. If I was truly getting screwed by Ford or unhappy with how they’re handling a situation, I most certainly wouldn’t get another car from them lol. Especially another new model!

Also, trading in for a BRONCO -- which I have read is not exactly the pinnacle of Ford reliability, with defects in its roof leaking and some catestrophic engine failures too.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Also, trading in for a BRONCO -- which I have read is not exactly the pinnacle of Ford reliability, with defects in its roof leaking and some catestrophic engine failures too.
I just imagine it drives like a Jeep Wrangler, too, which is just a jarring ride. But maybe not that extreme!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I just imagine it drives like a Jeep Wrangler, too, which is just a jarring ride. But maybe not that extreme!
Probably a lot better to get the dealer to press the right buttons in the COPIS service to make the part show up...

gregorym

First Name
Grzegorz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT, S-Max
Country flag
Two questions for me:
1- Are GTs and GTPEs the most prone to have this issue, or Premiums and Selects are as susceptible?
2- Has anyone experienced this problem with low total mileage, let's say, lower than 3k miles?
On December 21, my Mach-e GT with 3760km (2340 miles) displayed the error "Stop the car safely now" and went to the service :(
A bit of a traumatic experience, the car is practically new.

20221220_182819.jpg

20221221_114623.jpg

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
On December 21, my Mach-e GT with 3760km (2340 miles) displayed the error "Stop the car safely now" and went to the service :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 20221221_114623

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 20221221_114623
Sorry this happened to you. At least you have a factory anchor for the tow hook so that the tow operator doesn’t screw up your battery casing. 😱🐩 We plebians in the US don’t get even a hole in the bumper for the anchor. We just have the access hole with the frunk jumper wires behind the front bumper cover. 🤬🐩

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

I wanted to write and give you the feels of my sympathy, but all I could do in looking at your photo is to think, "wow, he has a front tow hook in the bumper!"

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

What’s the build date for the car?

Beachman346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Mine just died with a "Stop Safely Now" alert on the dash after I tried to start it while leaving X-Mas Eve dinner with the family :(. Off to the dealership it goes. I'm kinda happy that it happened while at home and not out on a trip, but still kinda angry that they wouldn't preemptively fix it. I have 7200 miles on it and have only fast charged it a handful of times. It's normally level 1 charging in my garage. It was built end of nov/december 2021.

I followed the guide above and Ford has been very helpful so far. I just hope the dealership has any parts needed to fix it fast.

PXL_20221226_195258267.jpg

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I just hope the dealership has any parts needed to fix it fast.
They don’t. Presuming it is in fact the dreaded HVBJB failure, as seems likely, the dealer has to order the part through COPIS. Then, they’ll have the parts to fix it.