Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 expedition,2018 edge,2010 escape, 2008 mini
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Tried to road trip from Central FL to the Grand Canyon, things were going pretty smoothly, pulled off the interstate for a coffee and to refresh directions to next charge. Turned into a parking lot and all the sudden got the full power loss stop safely now. Ford roadside assist can only get the vehicle to the nearest dealer (58 miles) away. They may be ev certified but it's in the middle of Texas. Not open on Sunday need to wait till they open Monday morning at 8:30.

20210627_095640.jpg
Sponsored

mak0313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Rt 1 AWD
Country flag

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
When something like this happens to a brand new car how is it handled? Does your dealership give you a car to drive in the meantime?

hope you can get it fixed smoothly

mak0313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
When something like this happens to a brand new car how is it handled? Does your dealership give you a car to drive in the meantime?

hope you can get it fixed smoothly
In my case, a rental was not offered initially, but after no progress the first 4 days, the dealership arranged for me pick up a rental car at a nearby Enterprise that they contract with. I was told Ford was covering it, but then Enterprise charged my credit card a week later for $140. Enterprise said this was two days worth of the 7 day rental (and that Ford only covered the first 5) and $10/day in taxes/fees for all rental days (even though my service advisor at the dealership says he told them they were covering that too).

My Service Advisior said he has sent an email to the Enterprise manager at the branch that they should refund me, but that hasn't happened yet and I am not sure that it will.

In all honesty at this point I am just glad to have the car back and working, but it was a hassle every step of the way.

OP
OP
WaitinforitBro
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 expedition,2018 edge,2010 escape, 2008 mini
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Yikes - that is a bummer. Good luck; tough break on a weekend. Tagging @Ford Motor Company just so they see this too. Out of curiosity, when was your car built?
Picked up from dealer on April 8, so I think late February early March. Dealer service is working on it now. Haven't heard from them but I can see in the app that the trouble alerts have been cleared. So keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it back later today or tomorrow.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Oh man, this is exactly what I'm worried about for my big 1800 mile road trip coming up on Saturday...

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I posted my experience on the other thread, I had it happen in Arizona on a 100+ day after about 5 minutes on a freeway. The car never actually shut off, I was stopping at a store, and when I came back out and restarted, it worked fine.

The message I got in the Ford Pass stated a high voltage battery issue.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Mine just went down today They won’t give me a loaner because I didn’t buy it from that dealership

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
Just happened to me now.
same message. Cant get it in N or D. Dropped my son off to daycare and when i got back in the car it was popping up this message and now I'm waiting for a tow truck late for work.

image.jpg

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Just happened to me now.
same message. Cant get it in N or D. Dropped my son off to daycare and when i got back in the car it was popping up this message and now I'm waiting for a tow truck late for work.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop safely now image
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

Timbo31771

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium ER AWD Infinite Blue/Light Space Grey
Occupation
Logistics Manager
Country flag
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.
I have the same problem. Just today, 4/29/22. Cannot get gear selector out of Park, and cannot start the vehicle.
Sponsored