pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I’ve been feeling like the dealer has been pretty vague on my FE Grabber Blue that arrived over a month ago. But finally spoke directly with the salesperson and he says there is some kinds of stop sale order in the car due to safety reasons, and something about waiting for a part or computer chip.

Anyone else experiencing this or have insight on what the problem might be about? I did a search and haven’t read anything that seems related. Thanks!
Sponsored

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There is a global shortage of automotive integrated circuits (the press calls them chips).

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
There isn't a stop sale on the Mach-E. If your dealer has your car on the lot, you should push for some non-vague answers. There have been some service bulletins and even a recall, but those are simple fixes that the dealer should be able to take care of in a day.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There isn't a stop sale on the Mach-E. If your dealer has your car on the lot, you should push for some non-vague answers. There have been some service bulletins and even a recall, but those are simple fixes that the dealer should be able to take care of in a day.
Agreed, sounds like it’s on the show room floor for advertising and display.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
He probably is confusing the car with the stop-sell order on the Ford Connected Charger.

OP
OP
pdxzzr

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
This is what I don’t understand about what the dealer is saying. I don’t see the incentive for not selling it.

OP
OP
pdxzzr

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Agreed, sounds like it’s on the show room floor for advertising and display.
I wonder about this. The sales guys has mentioned a couple of times that it gets attention, even though it is actually in their service garage and not on the floor.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
There is no stop-ship on the car ... but there are chip shortages that slow down how quickly they can make them.

First Editions are a limited edition car and those are completely sold out. It is no longer possible to order one (but it is possible to find them on dealer lots of someone cancelled a retail order).

Here in Detroit there are LOADS of 2021 F-150 Trucks parked at various parking lots around the area. The trucks are mechanically complete ... but missing computer chips and that prevents Ford from being able to send them to dealers. So basically they build them as far as they can, then park them until they gets the chips ... and will ship them as soon as they have the chips to pop in.

The shortage is, in part, because they reduced the number of chips they ordered (thinking demand would be down due to the pandemic) and now that demand is up... those same chip fabrication plants are making chips for computers and it seems like every household is trying to buy a new computer for all the people who work from home or school from home. I'm told to expect the chip shortage to continue for at least another year... and then pad that with a few more months for those chips to get through the supply chain.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There is no stop-ship on the car ... but there are chip shortages that slow down how quickly they can make them.

First Editions are a limited edition car and those are completely sold out. It is no longer possible to order one (but it is possible to find them on dealer lots of someone cancelled a retail order).

Here in Detroit there are LOADS of 2021 F-150 Trucks parked at various parking lots around the area. The trucks are mechanically complete ... but missing computer chips and that prevents Ford from being able to send them to dealers. So basically they build them as far as they can, then park them until they gets the chips ... and will ship them as soon as they have the chips to pop in.

The shortage is, in part, because they reduced the number of chips they ordered (thinking demand would be down due to the pandemic) and now that demand is up... those same chip fabrication plants are making chips for computers and it seems like every household is trying to buy a new computer for all the people who work from home or school from home. I'm told to expect the chip shortage to continue for at least another year... and then pad that with a few more months for those chips to get through the supply chain.
100% agree with what you are saying up to the point of the person who posted saying their dealer is not releasing the MME to them. Releasing of the MME should't having anything to do with the chip shortage as the car was delivered to the dealer. The last stop ship was about bolts not tightened to Ford spec, those can be addressed by the dealer.

Am I missing something in your post?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
100% agree with what you are saying up to the point of the person who posted saying their dealer is not releasing the MME to them. Releasing of the MME should't having anything to do with the chip shortage as the car was delivered to the dealer. The last stop ship was about bolts not tightened to Ford spec, those can be addressed by the dealer.

Am I missing something in your post?
Now I'm wondering if *I* missed something. Is the car ON the lot?

There were a limited number of cars that had a concern where some bolts that needed to be checked for proper torque (something the dealer could probably do in less than an hour) and some cars that needed a software update.

I am not aware of any other issue with the car. Possibly the dealer is mis-informed and holding a car that shouldn't be held. I suppose a private Tweet to Mike Levine or Emma Berg might be able to help if that car is being held and doesn't need to be held.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum; 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag

My F-150 is amoung them, built 3/19 and hasn't shipped yet. My wife and I are going to start taking beds who gets their vehicle first. Her Mach-E or my F-150. Her Mach-E arrived in KC today.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Now I'm wondering if *I* missed something. Is the car ON the lot?

There were a limited number of cars that had a concern where some bolts that needed to be checked for proper torque (something the dealer could probably do in less than an hour) and some cars that needed a software update.

I am not aware of any other issue with the car. Possibly the dealer is mis-informed and holding a car that shouldn't be held. I suppose a private Tweet to Mike Levine or Emma Berg might be able to help if that car is being held and doesn't need to be held.
Poster said, on the lot.

OP
OP
pdxzzr

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Poster said, on the lot.
It is on the lot. I even eyeballed it the day after it came in, but it hadn’t finished dealer prep at the time. That was about a month ago now ...

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It is on the lot. I even eyeballed it the day after it came in, but it hadn’t finished dealer prep at the time. That was about a month ago now ...
Something is VERY strange here. If the vehicle is in the dealer's possession, it is costing the dealer money for every day that they haven't delivered it to you. Once the vehicle leaves the factory gates, theoretically, it "belongs" to the dealer, and they're essentially paying Ford for the vehicle. They want to get that $5X,XXX liability off of their books as quickly as possible!

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Have you seen it since? Mine was held up only half a day when the stop ship first came in from Ford. The Dealer took a few hours to re-flash nearly all the control modules (one was the Low Voltage module that allowed the 12V battery to drain). That was 6 weeks ago. Something is very fishy with your dealer. Go up the chain to find out what they doing. Ask to talk with the General Manager or Dealership Owner. Be respectful, but firmly demand an answer. Or, stand in the middle of the show room floor and yell for someone to get you your car!!
Sponsored