Sabbaspar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Stripes job got done here at Carbonite Automotive in Flemington. Did the spoiler (version 1 Aosk-Amazon). Everything is coming together on my Cali Rt 1. I think even the GT wheels look more at home on this model due to the black accents on fenders and wheels.

Screenshot_20221120_201651.jpg

Screenshot_20221120_201626.jpg

Screenshot_20221122_193500.jpg

Last edited:

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
That's a great colour combination. Super nice!

DavesMach

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Does the location in Flemington offer anything unique or they just did your striping and the 3m glueing of the spoiler? Do they do the light up pony?

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
GT wheels on a select? I don't think I've seen that combo until now. Stripes look great!

OP
OP

Sabbaspar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
The
Does the location in Flemington offer anything unique or they just did your striping and the 3m glueing of the spoiler? Do they do the light up pony?

I did the spoiler. The shop did the stripes and does extensive wrap jobs and other work on ultra high end cars.

OP
OP

Sabbaspar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
GT wheels on a select? I don't think I've seen that combo until now. Stripes look great!

Thanks I put GT wheels on my 22 California Route 1. Someone swapped me new GT wheels/tires for my Cali Rt 1 wheels.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Thanks. I think the GT wheels go well with the black accents on the body and fenders of my Cali Rt 1 model
I agree! Was never a fan of the Rt1 wheels and the flower power wheels never seemed right either. Seems like a much better fit with the gloss black arches. Good swap!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium standard range awd
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
Thanks. I think the GT wheels go well with the black accents on the body and fenders of my Cali Rt 1 model
Does that cause any issues with going from an 18” wheel to a 20”? Also the tires on that rim look awfully thick, are those GT tires as well?

OP
OP

Sabbaspar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Does that cause any issues with going from an 18” wheel to a 20”? Also the tires on that rim look awfully thick, are those GT tires as well?
Hi Jake. The wheels and tires are stock right off the GT model. Same spec as the standard Non-GTPE model. Car feels slightly slower due to the extra weight with each wheel/tire(approx 7-10 pounds per wheel. Range took a minor hit. I out them on when it starting getting cold so there's no real way for me to calculate the loss. I rarely got over 300 miles on my Cali Rt AWD in summer...and it think it went down 10- 15 miles in range after wheels. The ride remains great and there's hardly a noticeable change from the stock 18's other than a much more hunkered down ride and friskier turn in and overall much better handling. The new wheels are right at the edges of the car and it just has a better visual stance too. The Cali Rt1 wheels with skinny tires where too far inboard and made the car like dinky IMO.

Last edited:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium standard range awd
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
Hi Jake. The wheels and tires are stock right off the GT model. Same spec as the standard Non-GTPE model. Car feels slightly slower due to the extra weight with each wheel/tire(approx 7-10 pounds per wheel. Range took a minor hit. I out them on when it starting getting cold so there's no real way for me to calculate the loss. I rarely got over 300 miles on my Cali Rt AWD in summer...and it think it went down 10- 15 miles in range after wheels. The ride remains great and there's hardly a noticeable change from.the stock 18's other than a much more hunkered down ride and friskier turn in and overall much better handling. The new wheels are right sre edges of the car and it just has a better visual stance too. The Cali Rt1 wheels with skinny tires where too far inboard and made the car like dinky IMO.
I agree, well with the Premium 19” I felt they were OK, but too narrow. I just wasn’t sure if the suspensions were tuned for the wider tires, sometimes the bigger rim it is just a narrower tire mounted so it evens out I guess. I wanted to do it with our Premium but we ended up just coughing up the dough for the GTPE. They got me with the Magneride & my wife they got with Dark Matter Gray Metallic being basically black. Costing me a fortune.