Stunning How Ford Dealers are sabotaging the success of the brand....

US_infantry

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dealers are generally scum. Mine screwed me on the X-plan Doc fee limit, then tried to "unwind" my deal. Of course he did! That would be a juicy ADM for him to screw someone else. They also tried to charge me some $350 BS added service in the time it arrived Saturday night and I picked it up Monday. Blatant thievery. I am lighting up Ford with complaints.
Yes the dealers are loosing their local customer base little by little
Sponsored

Windsurf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e premium, 2021Volvo XC-90 Recharge
Occupation
Electrical Embittered
Country flag
Unfortunately, right now markup is on everything. If you go on Youtube, you'll see it's not a Ford issue, it's a general dealership issue. Some Toyota dealerships are marking up their cars 100%. Yes you read right 100%. A Rav 4 prime was selling for 90K$ at one dealer with all kind of added mandatory "accessories". There is currently a 2 year wait for a RAV 4 prime, so if you want get ready to pay. Tesla is also having issues. They just increased pricing and are telling all their customers that order one, if you don't pick it up in 30 days we will cancel your order. (Before customers could delay pick up without losing their car)

Ford probably wants to get away from the dealership model but their hands are tied. Once the dealer owns the car, their is not much they can do.

Edit: Dont get me started on video cards and video game consoles.
OK, so I have to take this as complete BS. I just bought my MachE Premium on Nov 18th. I talked to almost every dealer on the east coast trying to find what I wanted. They were all incredibly helpful and honest. I was consistently told they are marking up any of their premium or GT by $8K. I was able to find exactly what I wanted, but had to get it in Boston. I live in Maryland... Dealer got it to me for $6.5k over sticker. I was given very accurate info on ordering one and the delays I'd face. I did order one, but then kept stalking the inventory lists.

I also looked at the Teslas since they were showing orders would be delivered in December on their web site. Dealer assured me that was true. But then when we got to configuring it, it was suddenly June... I felt very mislead and "played" by Tesla. Luckily I found the MachE and didn't have to go with my second choice.

I also have a good friend who's a GM at a subaru dealership. His cars are being marked up more than this, order or off the lot.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I also looked at the Teslas since they were showing orders would be delivered in December on their web site. Dealer assured me that was true. But then when we got to configuring it, it was suddenly June... I felt very mislead and "played" by Tesla.
The whole Tesla ordering system is a mess because you can "skip" over others by ordering premium/performance trims.

Model Y Performance cars ($63K base) were delivering 4-8 weeks but Model Y Long Range (was $49K now $58K) were 8+ months. The same with Model 3 Performance (4-6 weeks) over Model 3 Standard Range (6-10 months).

I know Ford slightly prioritize GT/GTPE currently but nothing like Tesla who seem to be happy to sell you the highest profit cars and when they have spare capacity... sell you the lower trims.

The MME markup you quote seems high. It's usually $5K in Florida across the board and $10K for GTs. I was about to pay $5K ADM for a GT myself. Nice you found what you wanted.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I think maybe my comments are misunderstood or i didn't get my opinion across properly.
The article talking about markup is much to do about nothing. Everything these days are marked up, so for someone to bitch about it in a article like this is completely stupid. Either the person has been living in a basement for the past year or hasnt bought anything lately. A ps5 is marked up 100%. Go buy one on public markets like Marketplace, ppl are buying them with the sole purpose of reselling them. If you dont like the markup at one dealer ho somewhere else. A lot of deslers have very little cars. There are dealers who are offering the original full price for used pickups because they dont have any to sell, but good luck buying one to replace it.

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't think it works that way in the UK.
I purchased my MME direct from Ford and assigned it to my favourite dealer. The dealer told me they we not allowed to buy MMEs and don't even own their demonstrator, it is leased from Ford to stop them selling it.
Ford were new to this online process and I purchased mine 9 times before the order took. They had failed to add my dealer correctly to the deposit database so I could not pay my deposit and assign the car to the dealer. My dealer was very helpful and tried to order the car using my credit card. That showed them it was not my fault but a Ford problem which took a week to sort out.
I think my car was a "stock" car held in Rotterdam as I got it before the dealer got their demo model. It was a very early MME in the UK.
Sponsored