Stupid questions

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I am REALLY tired of STUPID questions.
Today I drove to me dealership with my daughter and son in law as they were buying a new Ranger.
I plugged in my MME and this guy walks up to me and asks the following two questions.
1. Did you drive a Tesla??

answer- yes

2. do you like the MME better than the Tesla??

what I WANTED to say was

listen idiot I LOVED the Tesla BUT I wanted to blow $60,000 and bought my FE instead.

I said “umm yes. That isWHY I own this car have a nice day”. (In my head I thought yes I love my car better you DUMB F$&K)
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I am REALLY tired of STUPID questions.
Today I drove to me dealership with my daughter and son in law as they were buying a new Ranger.
I plugged in my MME and this guy walks up to me and asks the following two questions.
1. Did you drive a Tesla??

answer- yes

2. do you like the MME better than the Tesla??

what I WANTED to say was

listen idiot I LOVED the Tesla BUT I wanted to blow $60,000 and bought my FE instead.

I said “umm yes. That isWHY I own this car have a nice day”. (In my head I thought yes I love my car better you DUMB F$&K)
good on you for taking the high road.

I'm not sure I would have a polite response in me. ?

OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My son when I told him said dad you should have pulled a Jeff Foxworthy. Here is your sign L

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My son when I told him said dad you should have pulled a Jeff Foxworthy. Here is your sign L
you could have said "son, that's Bill Engvall - here's YOUR sign" ??

OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I am hoping I am not the ONLY magnet for these bozos. Once you get your MME please post the stupid questions that you are asked.

Another guy on the way out of the dealership said nice car. How much gas does it hold???

I wanted to say that it only holds the gas I fart but instead I said zero. It is electric. He said a hybrid?? No it is 100% electric. (You dumb F$&K)

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i am amazed at what dealers dont know. Had dealer tell me i should buy from their dealership as they give free oil changes for life. Another dealer told me they are making no profit on this car, that the reason for the ADM. i said really? Even with hold back and incentives? He answered "yes, all of that goes to the dealer" hmmm... where does it go on other cars? Seems other dealers are more than happy with profit to sell at MSRP.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Another guy asked me “is this a new Tesla model?”

I waited for the “i’m just kidding” and laughter at his stupid joke but it never came. He was dead serious. I stared at him a little too long speechless. It was awkward.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
i am amazed at what dealers dont know. Had dealer tell me i should buy from their dealership as they give free oil changes for life. Another dealer told me they are making no profit on this car, that the reason for the ADM. i said really? Even with hold back and incentives? He answered "yes, all of that goes to the dealer" hmmm... where does it go on other cars? Seems other dealers are more than happy with profit to sell at MSRP.
Like all dealer pitches, there’s an element of truth to the second dealer’s comment. There is no holdback on the MME. The idea that there is no profit though is wrong. Dealers will make a small percentage of MSRP on the MME sale. They have possible other add ins for various things as well that are not guaranteed. But they’re neither losing money on the sale nor are they making a killing. That’s a good thing I think.

Last edited:
OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
In 1993 I was buying the new body style of the 1993 Camaro. The dealer said he was not making a profit but that customer service was more important.

I told him that I could not buy the car. I would feel guilty that no one would make a profit and would not be able to put food in their tables. I told them that I appreciate it but no thank you. I will just go to another dealer.

He answered. Oh no we are. We are just giving you a great deal. I responded. Ohhhh ok so you lied to me. First no profit and now oh wait their is a profit. My answer was I cannot do business with a liar and walked out. I went to a different dealer and bought the car.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Couple of neighbors were walking by. One pointed at my car and said, "That is the new Mustang SUV! Looks great!" The two women were perhaps in their 70's so I was impressed.

I said, "Yes this is the new Mustang Mach-E. How did you know what it was?"

The knowledgeable one said, "Well, the Mustang pony is on the hatchback. By the way, is it a 6 cylinder or a V-8? All Mustangs are one or the other."

Then I said, "Well this one does not have a gas engine, it is all electric."

The response, "OK, a hybrid then. What kind of mileage do you get?"

Less impressed now, I gave the simple answer, "Just batteries, no engine, rated for 300 miles on a charge."

Conversation over, they changed the subject and continued their walk... I think we have a long way to go, folks.:rolleyes:

OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Couple of neighbors were walking by. One pointed at my car and said, "That is the new Mustang SUV! Looks great!" The two women were perhaps in their 70's so I was impressed.

I said, "Yes this is the new Mustang Mach-E. How did you know what it was?"

The knowledgeable one said, "Well, the Mustang pony is on the hatchback. By the way, is it a 6 cylinder or a V-8? All Mustangs are one or the other."

Then I said, "Well this one does not have a gas engine, it is all electric."

The response, "OK, a hybrid then. What kind of mileage do you get?"

Less impressed now, I gave the simple answer, "Just batteries, no engine, rated for 300 miles on a charge."

Conversation over, they changed the subject and continued their walk... I think we have a long way to go, folks.:rolleyes:
Great story. I guess they will not be buying one anytime soon.

FYI my dealer now has two that went unsold so guess what?? They added a $5,000 ADM.
Sponsored