Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
See if this thread helps. To start there will not be a traditional lease.

The residual will probably be set pretty low as this is a brand new vehicle.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/lease-program-details-for-mach-e-leasing.130/post-2302
Yes, I saw that before -which is what got me to thinking about leasing in the first place. My original plan was to trade in my beloved convertible, but leasing will allow me to keep it if the residual is reasonable. I agree the residual will be low - but HOW LOW is what concerns me. If the residual is 30% I can't justify getting the AWD and keeping my ragtop, but if it's 40% I can do both. I need to have a clue when I order this spring; in the absence of info I'll probably forego the AWD which would be a bummer if I found out later I could have afforded it.
Sponsored

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
Two questions I've seen asked elsewhere and a third of of my own:

1) Can the rear doors be opened manually in the event of power loss?
2) Is the cargo cover removable?
3) What are the measurements of the front overhang and its ground clearance? My driveway gas a steep transition between it and the road, and some of my prior cars would scrape the front strake if we didn't pull in/out on an angle.

Thanks!
I second the request for ground-clearance measurements: (1) front center, (2) side in front of a front wheel, (3) side center, (4) rear center.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
  1. What battery capacity is reserved? (80% usable?)
  2. Can we expect to have efficiency improved or more range unlocked via OTA update in the future?
  3. What privacy settings are there for us concerned with Alexa and geolocation/data tracking? Can these features be disabled?
  4. Is the DCFC rate ever going to be increased or is the 150kW based on wiring sizes?
  5. Are there plans to reduce the price once the Federal rebate runs out in order to be competitive with Tesla?
  6. What are the reasons for the low efficiency (kW/mi) compared to the Model Y?
  7. Will the vehicle launch with Plug n Charge?
  8. What is the planned deployment timeline of the Autopilot features to make competitive with Tesla, including hands-free driving (not just the already-existing Ford copilot features)
  9. When will EPA range estimates be available?
  10. What plans are there for additional colors or stripes/accents?
  11. What are the expected losses for traveling at 70mph or in 30degF weather?
  12. Are there any plans to offer free DCFC or improve the charging network of Electrify America?

Last edited:

JesterZ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E someday maybe
Country flag
Thanks for doing this!

+1 on Will Factory hitches be available in US (If not, what's their solution for carrying bikes, skis, etc?)
+1 When will GT options/packages pricing be posted?

3) I heard GT will have magna-ride suspension? is that an option or standard on GT?
4) When will the GT's additional color option be announced?
5) For people waiting for the GT, will there still be federal tax credits available? or are the numbers going to get used up on the earlier models?
6) Any numbers or details on the differences in the drive modes (whisper, etc)?

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Actually, if I only get one question it would be about the leasing - that will affect what I order more than the price of the memory seat.
Leasing to me is interesting as well. I have wanted to lease but drive too many miles to lease, 21K a year or so. I would think that EVs could allow for longer leases, without the motor wear, etc.

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
Thank you!

My questions concern delivery:

1. Will Ford, by the end of 2020, be able to deliver a Mustang Mach-E First Edition to everyone who has pre-ordered one?

2. What, if any, is the significance of the digits of the pre-order reservation number?
On #2, I was told the reservation number is not sequential but arbitrary. Do not know if anyone has been told any different.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
- Can the ER battery pack be purchased/installed at a later time (for a reasonable cost)?

At this point I'm planning to relegate my Mach-e to being purely the around-town vehicle and just charge it exclusively at home (taking my ICE vehicle on any longer drives/trips). So I'm planning to save the $5000 and purchase the SR battery only. But if range is better or worse than expected, or my situation changes, it would be nice to be able to upgrade it in the future to install the extra ER battery pack.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
On #2, I was told the reservation number is not sequential but arbitrary. Do not know if anyone has been told any different.
I was told the same by a Ford representative. But some of those who think the number i sequential, seem to have compelling arguments. Would be interesting to have this confirmed once and for all.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's pretty clear from the numbers people are posting here that there is a large degree of sequentialness (?) to the numbers. But that doesn't necessarily mean they will go exclusively by that order. For instance, there are some reports that Europe will get 30,000 of the 2021's. If that's true, or there's other such "blocking", that effectively creates concurrent queues.

My guess is "arbitrary" is really just their way of saying "it's too complicated to explain".

Beholden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Question: what is the towing capacity and GVWR?

Beholden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag
  1. What battery capacity is reserved? (80% usable?)
  2. Can we expect to have efficiency improved or more range unlocked via OTA update in the future?
  3. What privacy settings are there for us concerned with Alexa and geolocation/data tracking? Can these features be disabled?
  4. Is the DCFC rate ever going to be increased or is the 150kW based on wiring sizes?
  5. Are there plans to reduce the price once the Federal rebate runs out in order to be competitive with Tesla?
  6. What are the reasons for the low efficiency (kW/mi) compared to the Model Y?
  7. Will the vehicle launch with Plug n Charge?
  8. What is the planned deployment timeline of the Autopilot features to make competitive with Tesla, including hands-free driving (not just the already-existing Ford copilot features)
  9. When will EPA range estimates be available?
  10. What plans are there for additional colors or stripes/accents?
  11. What are the expected losses for traveling at 70mph or in 30degF weather?
  12. Are there any plans to offer free DCFC or improve the charging network of Electrify America?
I have read that the difference between efficiencies are due to how much “buffer” Tesla leaves in the battery pack unused, which is less than Ford does and other automakers. If this is true, future OTA updates to Tesla 3 drivers will result in drastic reductions in stated range.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Touran
Country flag
Thanks for trying to find answers!

How I am supposed to bring 4-5 pair of skies along for a winter holiday, thats what I really would like Ford to reveal.

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
I scanned the questions on the 3 pages, so I hope I don't repeat these questions;

1. Will Select models be able to upgrade their wheels during Spring 2020 when the dealers call?
2. Is there a complete list of upgrades that will available for customers?

Thanks!

OP
OP

Salant76

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Does this work for overhang and ground clearance for the front and the back of the car? How about the rear door opening?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit your Mach-E questions and requests for the New England International Auto Show (by 1/16/20) questions list-6

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
That's perfect for the rear door opening. Many thanks!
Sponsored