Deleted member 367

I will be attending this Thursday's media day at the New England International Auto Show for the Mach-E Forum. Please submit any questions or requests for me by Thursday morning (1/16) with regards to the Mustang Mach-E. I do plan on bringing a Digital SLR, tape measure and a few cups/bottles to test coup holders and storage. My goal is to measure the trunk and frunk space with great detail (see below images) as well as seat height to ground. I also want to find out if heated seats will be an option for the Select models if not 2021 maybe later.

Thank you.

Scott

questions list-1.png
questions list-2.png
questions list-3.png
questions list-4.png

questions list-5.png
Please also inquire what will be the Supercharging setup and especially HOW MUCH WILL IT COST PER kWh?

Thanks, CA Grant

OP
OP

Salant76

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Below is a list (table) showing most of the questions asked on this post. As of right now there are 21 questions which I will most likely not be able to ask all of them. If it makes sense and I have time I will ask about leasing the car as well as availability later this year for 1st Edition and international pre-orders.

Thank you.

Scott

Question:Do the side mirrors tilt down in reverse?
Answer:
Question:Can the driver screen show navigation data?
Answer:
Question:When will the ev certified dealers be trained on the mach e?
Answer:
Question:Does the Mach-E has front fog lamps?
Answer:
Question:Will the panoramic glass roof has retractable cloth sunshades?
Answer:
Question:Will/Can there be accessory power to the frunk area?
Answer:
Question:What are the effects of cold weather on the EV range?
Answer:
Question:Will a factory hitch be available in USA as it will be in Europe? Any updates on what is the towing capacity and GVWR?
Answer:
Question:Can the rear doors be opened manually in the event of power loss?
Answer:
Question:Is the cargo cover removable?
Answer:
Question:When will the complete options list and pricing be available for all the models?
Answer:
Question:How will the regenerative braking work. Will it have varying levels of regen or just a standard setting. (Some prefer very aggressive regen to enhance one pedal driving).
Answer:
Question:Any more detals on Fast Charging network? I.E. Free Electrify America for 2 years. Cost per KWH?
Answer:
Question:When will EPA range estimates be available?
Answer:
Question:What plans are there for additional colors or stripes/accents
Answer:
Question:What battery capacity is reserved? (80% usable?)
Answer:
Question:Can we expect to have efficiency improved or more range unlocked via OTA update in the future?
Answer:
Question:Is the DCFC rate ever going to be increased or is the 150kW based on wiring sizes?
Answer:
Question:Will Select models be able to upgrade their wheels during Spring 2020 when the dealers call?
Answer:
Question:Are there plans to have heated seats and steering wheel as an option on the Select model?
Answer:
Question:Any detail info on charging curve?
Answer:

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
Below is a list (table) showing most of the questions asked on this post. As of right now there are 21 questions which I will most likely not be able to ask all of them. If it makes sense and I have time I will ask about leasing the car as well as availability later this year for 1st Edition and international pre-orders.

Thank you.

Scott

Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Question:Will a factory hitch be available in USA as it will be in Europe? Any updates on what is the towing capacity and GVWR?
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Question:When will the complete options list and pricing be available for all the models?
Answer:
Question:How will the regenerative braking work. Will it have varying levels of regen or just a standard setting. (Some prefer very aggressive regen to enhance one pedal driving).
Answer:
Question:Any more detals on Fast Charging network? I.E. Free Electrify America for 2 years. Cost per KWH?
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Question:Can we expect to have efficiency improved or more range unlocked via OTA update in the future?
Answer:
Question:Is the DCFC rate ever going to be increased or is the 150kW based on wiring sizes?
Answer:
Question:Will Select models be able to upgrade their wheels during Spring 2020 when the dealers call?
Answer:
Question:Are there plans to have heated seats and steering wheel as an option on the Select model?
Answer:
Answer:
Thank you for taking this on! And I would be very grateful indeed if you were able to ask about availability in 2020. In Norway tax incentives hang in the balance beyond 2020. Would have huge effect on the price.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag

Thank you.

Scott

Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:No
Answer:No
Answer:
Answer:this one’s just a general question and don’t think would be Mach-E specific. Expect 30% for any EV.
Answer:
Answer:yes, super capacitors in doors allow opening in case of complete power loss for long time. Manual release also Actuated by pulling back all the way on internal latches. Frunk power jumper access also available to recharge 12V
Answer:yes
Answer:
Answer:Two settings, talked about in Ron Heiser interview. Regen can be heavy or soft, and changes with drive mode (heavy for unbridled).
Answer:access is for charging network subscriptions only, charging itself is not included including both session cost and per KWH
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Answer:
Hey guys, can answer several of these for you so you don’t have to waste questions at the show. Engineer on the vehicle.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Oh, I know the battery will loose range in cold weather but I suspect Ford has hard data and not just a percentage based on all EVs. So, I still think the question is relevant if he got a chance to ask it.