Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Originally the 22’s where suppose to start 11/29. They moved it to December.
my date is 11/22. I do have my vin but no sticker.
i don’t really care anymore. I just want my Mach E.
Would like it to be delivered this year for tax credit but that would be tight.
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I spoke to my sales person and was told build week in November but no VIN was available. After prodding I got to manager who then told me they do have the VIN. Build week is Nov 29, at least as of now.

so that’s progress.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
So I spoke to my sales person and was told build week in November but no VIN was available. After prodding I got to manager who then told me they do have the VIN. Build week is Nov 29, at least as of now.

so that’s progress.
After two delays and changes to build week mine is now the same as yours....been waiting 6 months !

Mag76bhs

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 AWD Wind and 2006 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
Could you please add 2022 as an option?

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am new to this forum. In reading various posts it seems that there is no logic in when a vehicle is built; is that correct?

We purchased MME Premium, eAWD 7/17/2021. Build week 10/18/2021. We have VIN and window sticker. Seems having a VIN and window sticker does not mean much in terms of actual build.

After visiting this forum we now expect a significant delay with little to no communication from Ford.

Am I interpreting the tea leaves correctly?

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am new to this forum. In reading various posts it seems that there is no logic in when a vehicle is built; is that correct?

We purchased MME Premium, eAWD 7/17/2021. Build week 10/18/2021. We have VIN and window sticker. Seems having a VIN and window sticker does not mean much in terms of actual build.

After visiting this forum we now expect a significant delay with little to no communication from Ford.

Because you have a window sticker, you can safely assume your car will start production this week. Your car could be completed next week, or if you are unlucky, it will sit in a parking lot waiting for chips for an undetermined amount of time. If your car does get built next week, you can expect it to be shipped out within a few days to a week after your build date. Since you are out West, you can expect roughly 4-6 weeks between leaving Mexico and arriving at your dealership.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag

BINGO.........We are just pawn's in Ford's game of bingo.
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to their build scheduling
Ill be at 6 months soon and still no build....but scheduled for build in about 2 months !
YET.............
A Mach e GT bought 6 weeks after mine from the same dealer is built and shipped.....
I still am awaiting a window sticker

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Because you have a window sticker, you can safely assume your car will start production this week. Your car could be completed next week, or if you are unlucky, it will sit in a parking lot waiting for chips for an undetermined amount of time. If your car does get built next week, you can expect it to be shipped out within a few days to a week after your build date. Since you are out West, you can expect roughly 4-6 weeks between leaving Mexico and arriving at your dealership.
Looks like we will probably not see our car for awhile, maybe not until 2022. If that happens it will be weird to get a 2021 in 2022.

We are are also waiting for a R1T and there is little to no communication from Rivian.

HRH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester & Legacy (ordering 2022 asap)
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I wanted to update my information to reflect that my MME has officially been converted to a 2022. Not sure what happened but the vehicle information corresponding to my user ID has changed to reflect ordering information that is definitely not mine. The order number (from what I can see) is correct but my order date was 09/11/2021, no build date yet , Utah, Grabber Blue, All-Wheel Drive (AWD), Extended Range. This is the information currently listed under my user name
Ford Mustang Mach-E Submitted Orders Tracking List and Stats [Enter Yours] 1634668037869

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
BINGO.........We are just pawn's in Ford's game of bingo.
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to their build scheduling
Ill be at 6 months soon and still no build....but scheduled for build in about 2 months !
YET.............
A Mach e GT bought 6 weeks after mine from the same dealer is built and shipped.....
I still am awaiting a window sticker
Yep, I'm seeing various threads where people who either did not reserve their cars or reserved after I did have already taken delivery. Some people got rolls of 00 on 2D20, while others got rolls of 02 or 03 for build date priority.

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag

Getting a build date in only 3 months is way better than most are seeing. I ordered on 4/29 and it just got built today. You’re one of the lucky ones..

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Getting a build date in only 3 months is way better than most are seeing. I ordered on 4/29 and it just got built today. You’re one of the lucky ones..
Congrats on your car finally being built.

I suspect that a build date is not as significant as one would think.

I have a VIN and WS and from what I gather from browsing this Forum is that it could be months before my car shows up at the dealership.

I would feel a bit lucky if I had some idea of how Ford scheduled the builds.

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
Things cleared up a little over the weekend - the railcar mine is supposedly in went through Nebraska, Wyoming, and Utah and I think is now in the vicinity of Salt Lake City. I'm still not really understanding the final destination being "Industry", but I checked the progress this morning and it's just "arrived" after being in Ogden late last night. It would make sense that it might be put on a truck from Salt Lake City to get here - will have to get another VVR in a day or two but it could be on a truck to Idaho soon (fingers crossed).

Also seeing weirdness with all the trackers (seg.fyi, shop.ford.com, forum tracker) in that querying for my VIN/order number wouldn't return anything, then it start working again sometime late yesterday, then it stopped working again, now it's working once more. Maybe some kind of significant update is imminent?
Another update on the railcar: As of 8:14p tonight (10/19), not sure which time zone, the status of the railcar is "Empty, Released from Hold". Location (of the railcar) is Roper Yard Train Depot in South Salt Lake City (confirms my guess). Probably the end of the line (pun intended) of updates via Union Pacific. Will try and get the VVR tomorrow from my dealer.

Still no changes in ETA Start or End dates. If it's being put on a truck from there, it's only 350 miles from my dealer, I would think easily a day's journey depending on stops, traffic, etc. Trying not to get my hopes up...

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
Another update on the railcar: As of 8:14p tonight (10/19), not sure which time zone, the status of the railcar is "Empty, Released from Hold". Location (of the railcar) is Roper Yard Train Depot in South Salt Lake City (confirms my guess). Probably the end of the line (pun intended) of updates via Union Pacific. Will try and get the VVR tomorrow from my dealer.

Still no changes in ETA Start or End dates. If it's being put on a truck from there, it's only 350 miles from my dealer, I would think easily a day's journey depending on stops, traffic, etc. Trying not to get my hopes up...
More updates: I got an updated VVR about an hour ago, and it turns out the Union Pacific tracking was pretty accurate when looking at the overall route (they don't reference all the same points along the trip, but there are some that match up exactly on place and time). Also, on the VVR, you get every transit point in the history where as when calling the Union Pacific automatic trace line, you only get the current one so you're bound to miss some of the transit points.

One of the sales people who's been helping me and providing the VVR has a Bronco coming - I told him about the Union Pacific Automatic trace line and he was impressed - in fact we verified that his car is in Salt Lake City using it, as is mine. It's possible they will be transported over on the same truck. He thinks they could come over together as soon as there is a truck full (and a truck/driver). Could be this week, maybe next week, but should be sooner than the current ETAEndDate of 11/2.

**Edit**

I just checked all the trackers and the "Your Orders" on the Ford page now lists delivery between 10/19 and 10/25. None of the other trackers have this update (seg.fyi, shop.ford.com, & the forum tracker) and still show 10/27 and 11/2.
Sponsored

Last edited: