Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Just added mine to the list.
7/24/2020
Colorado
Premium AWD ER
Rapid Red
Is your Ford Pass Order ID the same number? Mine is different.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is your Ford Pass Order ID the same number? Mine is different.
The "Reservations and Orders" screen on my Ford account profile page hasn't changed yet. It still shows "In-Store Order" and just the basic info (including my res#). Not sure if that will change or not. He just hit "SUBMIT" an hour ago.

Last Saturday when they unwittingly hijacked my res and turned it into a pending order, I did get an email with a 4-digit order#.

But I also just got an "your order was updated" email a few minutes ago with an Order ID that's the same as my res#.

I also got another email from my dealer saying they expect two FCTP (demo) units by "mid to late September". I'm still unsure if that's accurate or not. That would mean those being produced months before the announced Oct 26 date for full production. Others have reported the exact same wording, IIRC.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
The "Reservations and Orders" screen on my Ford account profile page hasn't changed yet. It still shows "In-Store Order" and just the basic info (including my res#). Not sure if that will change or not. He just hit "SUBMIT" an hour ago.

Last Saturday when they unwittingly hijacked my res and turned it into a pending order, I did get an email with a 4-digit order#.

But I also just got an "your order was updated" email a few minutes ago with an Order ID that's the same as my res#.

I also got another email from my dealer saying they expect two FCTP (demo) units by "mid to late September". I'm still unsure if that's accurate or not. That would mean those being produced months before the announced Oct 26 date for full production. Others have reported the exact same wording, IIRC.
I too just have a 4 digit order number on Ford website account.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That supports my production hypotheses that went into https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/

Since my source in Cuautitlan indicated in June they'll be ready to start production next month, and Job #1 is October 26, I still hold that they will spend 2 months slowly ramping up producing the 4000 demos for FCTP. Remember that our reservations started with 4000, 5000, and 6000 series numbers? I'm betting the first 4000 are the demos. Besides, there are ~2000 EV-certified dealers, that means an average of 2 demos out of FCTP per dealership. I expect dealers with few orders get 1 and dealers with lots of orders get more than 2 but that still works out.

Remember that all those we're seeing in the wild now are the ~300 pre-production units that came out of Cuautitlan.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Just posted my Pony order.
ordered 7/8/2020
Red
Premium
Rear wheel drive
Northern California
Really hoping projections for production are a little off. If all 50,000 of the folks ahead of me take their Mach-E s I won't get mine until next summer

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That supports my production hypotheses that went into https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/

Since my source in Cuautitlan indicated in June they'll be ready to start production next month, and Job #1 is October 26, I still hold that they will spend 2 months slowly ramping up producing the 4000 demos for FCTP. Remember that our reservations started with 4000, 5000, and 6000 series numbers? I'm betting the first 4000 are the demos. Besides, there are ~2000 EV-certified dealers, that means an average of 2 demos out of FCTP per dealership. I expect dealers with few orders get 1 and dealers with lots of orders get more than 2 but that still works out.

Remember that all those we're seeing in the wild now are the ~300 pre-production units that came out of Cuautitlan.
You have to add 400 plus dealers in Canada and I don't know how much in EU/UK that will also be receiving demo cars.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder why more confirmed orders are for the Premium than First Edition?

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Probably because in NA there will be less then 2,000 First Edition's delivered and about 8 times more Premiums, 16,000 delivered in the initial production year.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
For us, we wanted the white interior, had an FE reserved, but the wife likes light interior hence Premium.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For me, I'd originally ordered Premium RWD ER for max range. Later I realized the extra range wasn't really going to be put to use much and decided I would go Premium AWD SR. But by the time I was ready to order last week we had gotten an inheritance windfall and decided WTH, just get both AWD and ER. By then of course, FE was long gone.

Plus even if I had the chance, not sure I wanted one of the first batch off the production line.

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Added my order I like the charts!

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
We've just hit 200 orders! Congrats to all! ?

Looking at the stats on the first page -- Premium trim accounts for 77% of all orders and the most popular color is Infinite Blue (27.5%) with Rapid Red (24.5%) trailing closely behind.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

That may prove to be true. It's anybody's guess what "Job #1" actually meant. I hate vague wording like that, as it could mean pretty much anything.

My initial take was that it probably meant when they expected the assembly line to actually start rolling (beyond some start-stop test runs). But 4000 demo units would be a helluva lot more than that. That would mean "Job #1" refers only to customer units, not demos. If that's the case, it would be great as it should mean we'll actually get demo units potentially 2 months sooner (contrary to some reports that our customer units may be the first opportunity to actually sit in one). Although that still depends some on where each dealer is the priority queue throughout the 2 months of demo production/delivery.

I guess our official "Demo Watch" starts in September. ?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Just posted my Pony order.
ordered 7/8/2020
Red
Premium
Rear wheel drive
Northern California
Really hoping projections for production are a little off. If all 50,000 of the folks ahead of me take their Mach-E s I won't get mine until next summer
OMG just realized my number means there are over 100000 orders ahead of me. I'll be luck to see my pretty Pony in 2021
Sponsored