Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I would guess that people have been called in the last week or so by their dealer to verify if they want to turn their reservation into an order?

I knew I was getting a new Bronco so I had no intention on ordering a MME but after looking closer at the prices and our situation, we decided to do both. Just wish I figured this out 6 months ago.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I knew I was getting a new Bronco so I had no intention on ordering a MME but after looking closer at the prices and our situation, we decided to do both. Just wish I figured this out 6 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. There's still plenty of time to convert a reservation or to place a new order.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not sure what you mean. There's still plenty of time to convert a reservation or to place a new order.
I assume he meant so he could have gotten a reservation in to be able to get it sooner. Starting an order now probably adds 4-6 months.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Could be. That's a reasonable thought, but why jump that far and into such an odd number?
Usually when breaking down numbers such as these and VIN's, the number in each place has more significance than the numerical value. 1 could = RWD Cal 1, 2 RWD = Premier, 3 = AWD Premier, etc. Someone could probably "break the code" if they spent enough time looking at the res/order tracking spreadsheet. I've got other stuff that I should be doing. (With that said, I may have it figured out by mid-week)?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Usually when breaking down numbers such as these and VIN's, the number in each place has more significance than the numerical value. 1 could = RWD Cal 1, 2 RWD = Premier, 3 = AWD Premier, etc. Someone could probably "break the code" if they spent enough time looking at the res/order tracking spreadsheet. I've got other stuff that I should be doing. (With that said, I may have it figured out by mid-week)?
Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/order-site-is-up.928/post-20827

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think he was talking about reservation/order# rather than VIN#. But same concept.

Not sure that's actually the case though. A cursory look at the reservation numbers and details reported on the "other" site shows almost no discernible pattern on the numbers, even going back to day 1 (Nov 17). Trim, AWD, battery, color, customer country, and to a lesser degree even date seem to have no pattern. There does seem to be a semi-correlation to date, but even that looks to have exceptions.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think he was talking about reservation/order# rather than VIN#. But same concept.

Not sure that's actually the case though. A cursory look at the reservation numbers and details reported on the "other" site shows almost no discernible pattern on the numbers, even going back to day 1 (Nov 17). Trim, AWD, battery, color, customer country, and to a lesser degree even date seem to have no pattern. There does seem to be a semi-correlation to date, but even that looks to have exceptions.

Agreed. Even the first night they seemed to be simultaneously issuing 4000, 5000, 6000, and probably 7000 series numbers.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I just started directly from the order screen. So approximately how many do you think have been ordered?
What is your Order ID #?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I also got another email from my dealer saying they expect two FCTP (demo) units by "mid to late September". I'm still unsure if that's accurate or not. That would mean those being produced months before the announced Oct 26 date for full production. Others have reported the exact same wording, IIRC.
Don't think so. If it happens, they'll be pre-production. My rationale is coming shortly in another post.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
As a GT res holder, I’m watching these first steps with interest!

But a question. Do you get a vin before the car arrives at the dealership?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't think so. If it happens, they'll be pre-production. My rationale is coming shortly in another post.
Curious to hear your rationale.

There's no way my dealer would get 2 demos in September (like he said he was told) out of just 300 pre-production units. They're more of a mid-size dealer, a bit outside the Denver area. They only had 2 Mach-e reservations. There are multiple other dealers in the Denver area that are bigger that would surely be higher on the list for a demo (let alone 2) if they were in short supply (and 300 would be very short).

That's just one anecdotal example, of course, but I think I've seen a few other posts where people said their dealer said the same thing. So I'm guessing that "2 demos" promise was probably made to most dealers. And it fits the math. There about 2000 EV-certified dealers in the US, and we've been expecting 4000 demos. That's for the whole world though, so some smaller dealers would probably still get just 1, or 0.

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
First post.

Just added my order to the form. Order #10316777. Select, space white, standard range battery. I added the comfort/technology package which includes the heated seats and the hardware for the active drive assist among some other things. I am a little afraid I am going to regret not getting the premium instead of the select, but I actually don't really want the glass roof, so I think the only thing I am missing really is the grey interior (which I WOULD prefer), the lighting upgrade, and the B&O sound system.

I am really looking forward to getting this car, but I am hoping the timing works out that it doesn't come before April/May of 2021 for me. I'm hoping we can be car payment free for a few more months before we jump back into it.
Sponsored