Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 Mustang GT, 15 Mustang GT, 64 Lincoln Continental, 69 Continental Mark III
Occupation
Ford Dealer
Country flag
My Premium Order #10236909 has now changed to order ID #1571 as stated on the confirmation I just received from Ford. This is the identifier # that now shows on the "DORA", Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement that the dealer gets. This is the number the dealer will now use to track the vehicle until it arrives at the dealership. I work at the dealership and am eagerly awaiting for Mach-E to show up on our 2021 Projected Vehicle Flow Report, nothing yet.
Sponsored

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
My Premium Order #10236909 has now changed to order ID #1571 as stated on the confirmation I just received from Ford. This is the identifier # that now shows on the "DORA", Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement that the dealer gets. This is the number the dealer will now use to track the vehicle until it arrives at the dealership. I work at the dealership and am eagerly awaiting for Mach-E to show up on our 2021 Projected Vehicle Flow Report, nothing yet.
Very cool. I work with a lot of the auto companies on the factory side and if I remember how this works correctly this is the part where the bill of materials has been created for the car and the VIN number may or may not have been created as well. So that means it's possible they're getting ready to send the orders out for the parts to actually build your MACH-E, that is cool. If I'm right (always a factor) that's about 8 to 12 weeks to get the parts and go through production and have the car come out at the end of final assembly. Although there is also the number of orders to be sequenced. Still a good sign.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very cool. I work with a lot of the auto companies on the factory side and if I remember how this works correctly this is the part where the bill of materials has been created for the car and the VIN number may or may not have been created as well. So that means it's possible they're getting ready to send the orders out for the parts to actually build your MACH-E, that is cool. If I'm right (always a factor) that's about 8 to 12 weeks to get the parts and go through production and have the car come out at the end of final assembly. Although there is also the number of orders to be sequenced. Still a good sign.
I think that timing is more for normal in-production vehicles. The MME has the added layer of not having started production yet, and having 9 months of reservations queuing up (as you alluded to at the end).

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
My Premium Order #10236909
With an order number over the 200k's, What does that say as to how many Mache's are actually ordered? Seems there are huge gaps in the sequential order numbers. I know Ford has said that they do not represent the actual numbers, but most of us assume that do in some relative way. If a 200k numbers means we have not maxed out the 50,000 for model year 2021, does that mean my 34k order number could actually mean I am number 8,000 in line instead of 34,000?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With an order number over the 200k's, What does that say as to how many Mache's are actually ordered? Seems there are huge gaps in the sequential order numbers. I know Ford has said that they do not represent the actual numbers, but most of us assume that do in some relative way. If a 200k numbers means we have not maxed out the 50,000 for model year 2021, does that mean my 34k order number could actually mean I am number 8,000 in line instead of 34,000?
The format seems to have changed for any orders placed in the last month or so after reservations closed (the website shifted from "Place Reservation" to "Place Order" around a month ago). The earlier reservations started with 100xxxxx. Orders placed since seem to be 102xxxxx , 103xxxxx, etc.

Various tidbits of info seem to suggest there's somewhere between 40,000 and 50,000 reservations and subsequent orders. Although only Ford really knows for sure.

8000th in line for production might be a little optimistic for your res#, but it could be close after the GTs, canceled/unconverted reservations, and delayed European reservations are stripped out for the initial production run.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The reservation numbers are just odd imo. We know they're not all sequential but there ought to be some sort of meaning to them you'd think. Then there was the guy who posted (Here? There? facebook??) about making a reservation in early June and getting a 1002xxxx number which throws the logic out the window.

This presumes, of course, my memory is accurate and he wasn't mistaking a 20,000 number for a 200,000 number. *shrug* The vehicle will be here when it gets here.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The reservation numbers are just odd imo. We know they're not all sequential but there ought to be some sort of meaning to them you'd think. Then there was the guy who posted (Here? There? facebook??) about making a reservation in early June and getting a 1002xxxx number which throws the logic out the window.

This presumes, of course, my memory is accurate and he wasn't mistaking a 20,000 number for a 200,000 number. *shrug* The vehicle will be here when it gets here.
@3rdPony's number is a 200,000. Anything over 100,000 is an order made directly without an advance reservation, i.e. after the ordering system opened and the reservation system closed for all but GTs.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The format seems to have changed for any orders placed in the last month or so after reservations closed (the website shifted from "Place Reservation" to "Place Order" around a month ago). The earlier reservations started with 100xxxxx. Orders placed since seem to be 102xxxxx , 103xxxxx, etc.

Various tidbits of info seem to suggest there's somewhere between 40,000 and 50,000 reservations and subsequent orders. Although only Ford really knows for sure.

8000th in line for production might be a little optimistic for your res#, but it could be close after the GTs, canceled/unconverted reservations, and delayed European reservations are stripped out for the initial production run.
Remember that 8,000th in line is about 8 weeks of production at roughly 1,000 per week.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
@3rdPony's number is a 200,000. Anything over 100,000 is an order made directly without an advance reservation, i.e. after the ordering system opened and the reservation system closed for all but GTs.
I don't think that's who I was thinking of Mark. This was a few weeks ago. But as I said, I could easily have misread or they might have. Or it was a bad dream :p

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Remember that 8,000th in line is about 8 weeks of production at roughly 1,000 per week.
Reservations before the late June switchover seemed to have topped out in 80,000-series numbers (8x,xxx).

PS20221

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, ordered MME premium, x rwd, in carbonized grey
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
With all these very high new order numbers... think Ford may have merged the Mach-E and Bronco reservation/order numbers? On the Bronco reservation tracker, I don't recall seeing any reservation numbers under 80,000.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-reservations-tracking-list-stats-enter-yours.1757/
Yes - none lower for the Bronco from day 1 - I know someone that reserved one in the first hour and the reservation number is very high . I think its a different numbering sequence all together for the Broncos. As far as Mach E goes, the order numbers swtiched to the high range over 80000 sometime in early July/late June I believe - so once the orders opened up they have have switched to a different sequence.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
That may prove to be true. It's anybody's guess what "Job #1" actually meant. I hate vague wording like that, as it could mean pretty much anything.

My initial take was that it probably meant when they expected the assembly line to actually start rolling (beyond some start-stop test runs). But 4000 demo units would be a helluva lot more than that. That would mean "Job #1" refers only to customer units, not demos. If that's the case, it would be great as it should mean we'll actually get demo units potentially 2 months sooner (contrary to some reports that our customer units may be the first opportunity to actually sit in one). Although that still depends some on where each dealer is the priority queue throughout the 2 months of demo production/delivery.

I guess our official "Demo Watch" starts in September. ?
Perhaps Job#1 is as simple as "Mr. Ford's Car"! You'd think he'd get the first car off the line, no? (part of me was kidding here)

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Since you work at the dealership, it would be interesting to hear insight into the communication (if any) between Ford motor company and the dealers on how the MME rollout will take place (test drives, charging stations, training mechanics, etc.).

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Not sure if this is the correct string for this question - but I just got an email a few days ago confirming my order (I converted my ressie to order the first day we were able - now I have an order ID, which is different from my order number...any idea what the order ID number is??
Sponsored