Subtle but important updates to the IPC

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Been living with the new IPC UI for a few days now, and I've noted a few small but meaningful changes. (and a couple that are totally meaningless)
  • The warnings have ok buttons now (very good for usability's sake)
  • When you have the frunk open it tells you in two separate warnings that the frunk is open and that the hood is open :rolleyes:
  • When in lane keeping mode, the orange line has a stronger glow effect than before. Looks nice but IDK why it was necessary to change that.
  • The divers assistance prompts (for example when you're in lane centering and you push the car too close to the edge of the lane) use more images and less text, which is good
and the last one is probably the most subtle difference, but the most important to me...
The turn signal sound

IDK if anyone has noticed or experienced this, but my turn signal sound was never the expected "tick-tock-tick-tock"
It was just a random "tick-tick-tock-tock-tock-tick". Granted, in the mach e the difference between "tick" and "tock" is VERY small. But I noticed and it annoyed me.

On top of that, very occasionally (like maybe 10 times in 20k miles) it just wouldn't work at all: "tick-tick - silence for 2 blinks - tick-tock-silence". Too early to tell if this has been fixed, but I suspect it has.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is important to anyone else, but just what I have noticed
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Have you noticed the buzzing from your IPC before? If so, any change on that front with the update?

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Have you noticed the buzzing from your IPC before? If so, any change on that front with the update?
I have noticed that, but it was never very loud in my car. I can only hear it if the HVAC is turned off and I'm sitting in a very quiet place (like my garage). I haven't noticed any change there, but I haven't paid much attention either. I'll have to pay more mind tomorrow when I go out again

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Do you know did they fix the UI glitch in Engage mode?

If you are in Engage mode with all driver assists turned off (when you see the blue battery bar at the bottom) and you start navigation. Do the directions fill the full height of the display, or are they only on the top half? (See video)

Currently in my job 1 the battery bar retracts, but the directions still only fill the top half. It seems either the battery bar should not retract, or the directions should take up the full height. The directions will take up the full height of you turn on any of the drivers aids.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Been living with the new IPC UI for a few days now, and I've noted a few small but meaningful changes. (and a couple that are totally meaningless)
  • The warnings have ok buttons now (very good for usability's sake)
  • When you have the frunk open it tells you in two separate warnings that the frunk is open and that the hood is open :rolleyes:
  • When in lane keeping mode, the orange line has a stronger glow effect than before. Looks nice but IDK why it was necessary to change that.
  • The divers assistance prompts (for example when you're in lane centering and you push the car too close to the edge of the lane) use more images and less text, which is good
and the last one is probably the most subtle difference, but the most important to me...
The turn signal sound

IDK if anyone has noticed or experienced this, but my turn signal sound was never the expected "tick-tock-tick-tock"
It was just a random "tick-tick-tock-tock-tock-tick". Granted, in the mach e the difference between "tick" and "tock" is VERY small. But I noticed and it annoyed me.

On top of that, very occasionally (like maybe 10 times in 20k miles) it just wouldn't work at all: "tick-tick - silence for 2 blinks - tick-tock-silence". Too early to tell if this has been fixed, but I suspect it has.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is important to anyone else, but just what I have noticed
You could always press "Ok" to dismiss the warnings; now it shows that.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
You could always press "Ok" to dismiss the warnings; now it shows that.
Right... A lot of people didn't know that which is why it was such a good thing for usability in my opinion.

Do you know did they fix the UI glitch in Engage mode?

If you are in Engage mode with all driver assists turned off (when you see the blue battery bar at the bottom) and you start navigation. Do the directions fill the full height of the display, or are they only on the top half? (See video)

Currently in my job 1 the battery bar retracts, but the directions still only fill the top half. It seems either the battery bar should not retract, or the directions should take up the full height. The directions will take up the full height of you turn on any of the drivers aids.
Hmm. I do feel like I recall seeing that once before pre-update, but I'm not sure it was a persistent issue. I haven't turned off lane keep since I updated so I'll have to try that

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't turned off lane keep since I updated so I'll have to try that
Thank you. It’s not a huge issue, just seems like an oversight in the UI.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
My father pointed out to me the turn signal sound is a close mimic to that of a horses hooves (Mustang?) walking on the ground. I can't un-hear it now.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
In the 11 months I've had my car the tick-tock has always been spot on.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
OK! Went for a drive and time for some reporting back!

No change to the buzzing

If you are in Engage mode with all driver assists turned off (when you see the blue battery bar at the bottom) and you start navigation. Do the directions fill the full height of the display, or are they only on the top half?
Yes! It appears that bug has been fixed! The battery bar now extends across underneath the directions
Ford Mustang Mach-E Subtle but important updates to the IPC 20220315_161121

The layout is unchanged when cruise and/or lane keeping is turned on.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Subtle but important updates to the IPC 20220315_161427

My father pointed out to me the turn signal sound is a close mimic to that of a horses hooves (Mustang?) walking on the ground. I can't un-hear it now.
LOL... maybe less of a "tick tock" and more of a "clip clop"

In the 11 months I've had my car the tick-tock has always been spot on.
Interesting, do you know what your build date is? I wonder if it was a very early build issue. I got my car about 11 months as well, but it's a February build

Also, a new feature I noticed on this drive: the progress bar when you are approaching a turn now animates in

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Additionally, I found a bug that had NOT been fixed. It's very small, but this bug started with 2.3.0. In Android Auto, I no longer get a measurement below .2 mi on the IPC. It used to go .3mi-.2mi-500ft-250ft etc. But now it's just .3mi-0mi
Ford Mustang Mach-E Subtle but important updates to the IPC Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 5.05.36 PM

Makes sense that this bug hasn't been fixed, since my APIM has not been updated since 2.3.0. But I figured I'd mention it anyway since it's IPC related

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes! It appears that bug has been fixed! The battery bar now extends across underneath the directions
Sweet!!! Thank you so much for checking that for me!

That’s great to see the other UI refinements.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for checking the buzzing, too bad they weren’t able to resolve it, at least this time around.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Thanks for checking the buzzing, too bad they weren’t able to resolve it, at least this time around.
Honestly, I'm not sure how much they'd be able to do about it through software.. It seems like it's inconsistent hardware, at least to me.

But of course, mine never buzzed very loudly at all, so maybe I don't qualify for a fix

Reactions: ARK

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly, I'm not sure how much they'd be able to do about it through software.. It seems like it's inconsistent hardware, at least to me.

But of course, mine never buzzed very loudly at all, so maybe I don't qualify for a fix
The buzz always seemed to be a hardware issue, so I doubt any software update could fix it.
Sponsored