Suggested Improvement Request (SIR) - add power in/out display to instrument display

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I would find it very informative, and helpful for 1-pedal driving, to add the display of actual kW power in/out to the drivers instrument display.... perhaps just above or below the 'estimated Range' and battery %. This would provide visual feedback on ACTUAL charge rate when plugged in, ACTUAL kW in regen with 1-pedal decelerating, and ACTUAL kW output when accelerating an/or maintaining steady state speed.

I would find it VERY useful improve driving habits, and see the effect of lower speeds on the highway to reduce consumption by reducing air resistance, and the effect of any changes made for efficiency (wheels, wheel covers, air dams, etc)

I would guess the sensors and data already have the data stream available for traction pack voltage and current in/out.... and this should just be a matter of programming the display 'always on' the instrument screen.

I'm hoping that lots of us drivers will 'like' this idea, and Ford is watching..... ;)
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
100% in agreement. I love seeing this data. I love the Model S/X display in their instrument cluster for it. Even the Bolt's is good. The freaking escape hybrid (not plugin, REGULAR hybrid) has a display for power output of motor and regen in kW. Why can't this car have that???