Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
As I was touching the edge of the screen to help ensure that my finger hit the right spot on the center screen (adjusting heated seat setting, radio stations) , I was thinking that a rubber/plastic bumper around the edge of the screen might provide better grip, prevent my hand from sliding and a little bit of protection from fingerprints or damage.

A little bit of texture would be good, but even something with a little grip like a phone case would help.

Didn't see this topic in AOSKs section here - your mudflaps went on easily and are still solid.
Sponsored

geftsnowball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E, Grabber Blue, Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I was thinking of something similar to this. What came to mind for me was something like these rubber feet I've used for some other projects.

My thought was to place them strategically either on the side or back side of the screen as finger resting points to help give some tactile guidance for quick taps of certain frequently used features.

e.g., in a previous vehicle there were certain ridges in the infotainment center around the screen that helped me quickly rest my hand on and tap the appropriate control.

Not sure how the adhesive on these would hold up in the heat/cold, etc. though.

Edit: perhaps something like these strips might work better too.