First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hi All,

1st post here but have been reading for months. I just received my mach E! Carbonized Gray Select. Love it. I was reluctant buying another ford as i hadn't have very good luck with the interior components breaking on all my fords... Wouldn't you know right off the bat the sunglass compartment broke. Won't stay closed. Anyone have this issue? Any easy fix to hold me over until i take it to the dealer?

Joel
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi All,

1st post here but have been reading for months. I just received my mach E! Carbonized Gray Select. Love it. I was reluctant buying another ford as i hadn't have very good luck with the interior components breaking on all my fords... Wouldn't you know right off the bat the sunglass compartment broke. Won't stay closed. Anyone have this issue? Any easy fix to hold me over until i take it to the dealer?

Joel
Silly answer, how about tape?

OP
OP

jjcorral

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Haha ? 51k car and tape is the fix.. fix or repair daily!
Yes of course I'll do that but i was hoping someone had a better idea or maybe fixed it without taking it to the dealer....

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hi All,

Joel
Yes. Mine had the same problem. The little post that goes into the latch, on the driver’s side of the holder, it broke off.

I didn’t use the holder for awhile after that. Just used a spare eyeglass case and stored it in the underside of the console. Eventually I took it to the dealer to get it fixed. They had to order the parts. When the parts arrived a couple weeks later I took it back in and had them update the PaaK recall at the same time. It only took 1.5 hours total. Fully covered under warranty.

OP
OP

jjcorral

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Dang. Ok thanks. Hate to make 2 trips for such a tiny fix, i wonder if the service department would order parts first?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Dang. Ok thanks. Hate to make 2 trips for such a tiny fix, i wonder if the service department would order parts first?
Maybe. My dealer had to confirm the problem first before ordering parts.

It was literally 15 minutes, in and out. They took pictures, noted the mileage. Yep, that holder is broke. We’ll call you later when the parts come in. Bye now.

OP
OP

jjcorral

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Cool thanks hopefully my dealer will be as easy.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
I guess I’ll be more careful with mine - gets used at least four times a day if not more.

OP
OP

jjcorral

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I guess I’ll be more careful with mine - gets used at least four times a day if not more.
I've my MME since Saturday! Can't believe already broke something...

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Haha ? 51k car and tape is the fix.. fix or repair daily!
Yes of course I'll do that but i was hoping someone had a better idea or maybe fixed it without taking it to the dealer....
Home Depot has small magnetic squares with an adhesive backing. Or use the same idea, but with velcro.

OP
OP

jjcorral

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Great idea!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Same here. I love that thing. I probably use mine 10-12 times/day. I have been lucky so far. The one in my 2017 Focus Electric saw heavy use and survived. Might have been lucky though. Will try and be careful with this one...

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi All,

Joel
I would forget the tape magnets etc. and bring it in and get it replaced. As you noted it costs a bit and it should not make you feel like you are second rate. For me the sunglasses are on but I have reading glasses in the holder. If I forget to close it they end up on the floor of the back seats o_O darn ev torque. If it does not close that is where they will end up all the time. Thanks for the heads up no problem here to date but I use it all the time and will be careful moving forward.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I don’t use it but my Wife does. Just hope she doesn’t break a nail on it. She spends more money on her nails than I do on my Truck!! Lol
Sponsored