OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Living in SUNNY south Florida combined with very sensitive eyes, mean I can not go out side without some sort of sunglasses. My eyes actually hurt in the sunshine... If Blue Cruise watches your eyes for movement how can see your eyes through sunglasses.
Also pony sighting today Red Premium traveling north on Biscayne Blvd around 95 st around 10am...
Sponsored

Ruey220

First Name
Ruell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I'm having issues with blue cruise working when I have my shades on. I'm sure it's the shades bec I take them off it's fine then within 30 seconds of wearing the shades it tells me to watch the road until I remove then again

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD Space White
Country flag
I'm having issues with blue cruise working when I have my shades on. I'm sure it's the shades bec I take them off it's fine then within 30 seconds of wearing the shades it tells me to watch the road until I remove then again
I am having the exact same issue. This is hilariously ridiculous.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
I wear glasses with anti-glare and UV protection, and they are also transitions, although they don't get very dark in the car.
If the sun is in front of me, even when it's fairly high (as in, above the car and not in my eyes), the eye sensor doesn't always work great. Lifting up my glasses for a second will usually satisfy it. Real save, right?
So at least in some cases, glasses or sunglasses can confuse it.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
I have had no issues and I have both a polarized and non-polarized Oakley sunglasses.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
You’re just going to have to test against your own sunglasses. I have a pair of ultra dark polarized Maui Jim sunglasses, and I have a pair of Zenni progressive lenses with polarization, and neither present a problem at all for the BlueCruise camera. It might be the angle of polarization on the specific lenses, but through two very dark pairs, I have had zero issues.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Polarized sunglasses reduce eye fatigue by reducing glare and Maui Jim makes some of the best polarized glasses around. Note: No financial interest in them, just a satisfied customer for years now.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You’re just going to have to test against your own sunglasses. I have a pair of ultra dark polarized Maui Jim sunglasses, and I have a pair of Zenni progressive lenses with polarization, and neither present a problem at all for the BlueCruise camera. It might be the angle of polarization on the specific lenses, but through two very dark pairs, I have had zero issues.
Same here. I always wear sunglasses while driving and haven't had any issues with BlueCruise eye nanny being able to see though them. I guess it depends on the UV transmitting level for whatever type of shades you are wearing.
Sponsored