rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
We ordered our MachE 8 months ago online. At the time, we were debating between Tesla and MachE. We liked MachE more but were worried about dealership experience. Before placing the order, we called SunnyvaleFord to make sure that there wouldn't be any markup. Today, the car got delivered. But alas, they are asking for 4k over the quoted price. What should we do?
Sponsored

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
We ordered our MachE 8 months ago online. At the time, we were debating between Tesla and MachE. We liked MachE more but were worried about dealership experience. Before placing the order, we called SunnyvaleFord to make sure that there wouldn't be any markup. Today, the car got delivered. But alas, they are asking for 4k over the quoted price. What should we do?
This is infuriating. Personally, I would ask for my deposit back and walk. I’d probably tell everyone that I know, online and in-person, that I would not buy a Ford—ever. The dealer experience is single handedly killing the roll out of what could be a game changing vehicle.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
If you ordered online you should have a confirmation from Ford and SV Ford what the agreed upon price is. I have heard that Frontier Ford and Capitol Ford have no markup on orders. I live in SV , but went to Capitol because I heard bad things about SV.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
As has been posted on this board try reaching out to Mike Levine

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ne-know-if-you-see-dealer-adm-on-mach-e.4654/

If you get no joy, I agree with Up and Over just walk away from it.

OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
This is infuriating. Personally, I would ask for my deposit back and walk. I’d probably tell everyone that I know, online and in-person, that I would not buy a Ford—ever. The dealer experience is single handedly killing the roll out of what could be a game changing vehicle.
I am inclined towards that. Though, I am willing to pushback a little since I am excited about this car.

OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
If you ordered online you should have a confirmation from Ford and SV Ford what the agreed upon price is. I have heard that Frontier Ford and Capitol Ford have no markup on orders. I live in SV , but went to Capitol because I heard bad things about SV.
I can see the price on ford.com and it says "Price the dealer is willing to sell the vehicle for in a purchase transaction and corresponds to the estimated dealer selling price for the vehicle displayed in the Pricing Summary.". Though, I do not see any email from the dealer about the agreed price.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I am inclined towards that. Though, I am willing to pushback a little since I am excited about this car.
The original online orders indicated if there was an ADM or not. Do you still have that?

OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
we did everything online. Did not involve the dealer directly.