Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I also cal bullshit. They are far too sophisticated to believe that you did not have a contract with them for a certain price.
Take your car, make them honor x-plan, then never visit them again. There are other dealerships that can service your car up the peninsula.
The good news is, you won’t need much in the way of “service”.
Sponsored

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I believe they did this on purpose to push you out so they can keep the car and sell it at whatever price they want. This reminds me the story days back they sold one reserved car "by mistake".

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Thanks everyone for all the help. We had almost lost hopes but the vast support here was instrumental in keeping hopes up and pushing further.

The dealership got back to us today. They noticed this thread actually. They had misunderstood and thought we had placed our order through them and not through the online portal. The screenshot from ford.com website helped. They are honoring our original contract. We are sitting in the dealership right now, waiting to sign the papers. Will update with the pictures next.
that is great news.
I do call bs on them thinking you did it a different way. They knew but got caught.
Do make sure you 1 star them on your review and be very detailed at why.
i 1 started the dealership I was at and it is starting to sting them. Apparently they are needing to clean house as Ford have very limited vehicles right now and the worse dealership in areas are not getting as many allocation

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
So long as you have it in writing that a dealer you order from has their deposit refundable, there's no reason not to place multiple orders for the Mach E GT from different dealers who list no ADM at the online order phase, to ensure that you have some leverage when your car(s) come in. I think the temptation will be too great for many dealers to ignore the online order prices and charge what the market (and an emotionally invested customer) will bear.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I believe they did this on purpose to push you out so they can keep the car and sell it at whatever price they want. This reminds me the story days back they sold one reserved car "by mistake".
You mean the story days back where this same dealership sold one that had been reserved "by mistake?"

So long as you have it in writing that a dealer you order from has their deposit refundable, there's no reason not to place multiple orders for the Mach E GT from different dealers who list no ADM at the online order phase, to ensure that you have some leverage when your car(s) come in. I think the temptation will be too great for many dealers to ignore the online order prices and charge what the market (and an emotionally invested customer) will bear.
That's not leverage. These dealers WANT you to cancel, so they can charge whatever they want for the now ownerless car.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You mean the story days back where this same dealership sold one that had been reserved "by mistake?"

That's not leverage. These dealers WANT you to cancel, so they can charge whatever they want for the now ownerless car.
I mistyped, not leverage but optionality for you as buyer. You are correct that he dealer would love nothing more than you to walk away from the ordered car...

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
LOL that place is hands-down the worst dealership experience I've ever had. It was on the service side and they told my elderly dad his 7.3 Powerstroke diesel engine had a crack in the timing cover and needed $2800 to put a new one on. I had my dad come over to my house and I put a new water pump on that was sitting on my shelf. Truck fixed.
Haha. I guess I got lucky! I will say that place looks like garbage... I don't think I would ever go there for service. The deal went smoothly though.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Ford customer service told me today that you cannot transfer a placed order online from one dealer to another (where you've made a deposit and picked your delivery dealer). A reservation that you have not yet converted to an order can be changed to another dealer at the time you convert the reservation.

Did you manage to change a confirmed deposited order from one dealer to another? If so, care to tell me the secret you used?
Sorry, but no change to an existing order...I changed my dealer on the RESERVATION. But I've heard that it MAY be possible to change your order dealer, if you get executives at Ford involved.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sorry, but no change to an existing order...I changed my dealer on the RESERVATION. But I've heard that it MAY be possible to change your order dealer, if you get executives at Ford involved.
Yep -- not sure I want to get executives involved, not sure I have a very strong argument for needing a dealer switch here. I think this dealer has the potential for pulling shenanigans, but I did force an email thread from their gen mgr stating that they will indeed sell me the car at MSRP with X-Plan, instead of the ADM that was added at the online order.

Hopefully threads like this one will make them think twice by the time my car comes in, and in reality, I could just wait for the other GT I threw an order in for if I really need to. Threads like this can't be great for their business.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
From my dealer when I asked if I was going to get a surprise when my car showed up.

Yes, the online price is correct for you. I've heard that some dealerships are marking up non-orders/stock units that come in, but here at Folsom Lake Ford if it's an order, then we don't mark it up.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Folsom Lake Ford if it's an order, then we don't mark it up.
And what happens a year from now when these things lose their gold plating? Is Sunnyvale gonna offer to discount an online order? You guys don’t need to answer this.

Farfapapa

First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD with Tech pkg
Country flag
You might ask them 10 or so times that they have you email correct for the customer satisfaction survey
That definitely does something.. My experience was nowhere close to that, and i just answered the survey honestly, but the vendor called me today and was quite in panic, saying i put him in a lot of trouble with my survey answers, and asking what he can do to improve!

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That definitely does something.. My experience was nowhere close to that, and i just answered the survey honestly, but the vendor called me today and was quite in panic, saying i put him in a lot of trouble with my survey answers, and asking what he can do to improve!
It appears for the MME ford is reviewing each and everyone of these surveys. Since I had my fair share of issues, I documented them when filling out the survey. I did at least say Ford was helpful in resolving them and did okay my me. One of my issues is still not fixed, however I removed the offending device from my home. I am told there will be a patch soon, but Im in no rush since I removed it.

Glad to hear the dealer for the OP was resolved, just takes social media to help! It appears to be the magic answer for getting things resolved. Worked for me too!

I am sure the dealer made a mistake, come on folks, that stuff happens all the time with them :)

Last edited: