Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
buying Mach E, own 2012 Lexus hybrid
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
We talked to the manager. No luck. :(
On either this forum, or another Mach E forum, someone posted that this same dealership, Sunnyvale Ford sold his ORDERED Mach E when it was delivered, and only said it was a "mistake and we apologize." Sounds like someone needs to stand up and address this dealerships bad behavior. This is unacceptable. I have ordered my Mach E, and if I have to deal with ADM's or their selling my car after if finally arrives, I know I will do whatever it takes to get restitution and then extra. We need to spread the word that this is a slimeball dealership.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
so with no update we assume sunnyvale ford has kidnapped them?
haha! Sorry, we have an infant baby (other than the new baby in town, the car). Keeps us busy. We came back with the car. Was hoping to take some photos and learn the ins and outs before posting the next update.

For now, a quick silly update is that we are using our old car when we picking up take outs or when going to the hardware store :p.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
On either this forum, or another Mach E forum, someone posted that this same dealership, Sunnyvale Ford sold his ORDERED Mach E when it was delivered, and only said it was a "mistake and we apologize." Sounds like someone needs to stand up and address this dealerships bad behavior. This is unacceptable. I have ordered my Mach E, and if I have to deal with ADM's or their selling my car after if finally arrives, I know I will do whatever it takes to get restitution and then extra. We need to spread the word that this is a slimeball dealership.
They sound sleazy as hell. It looks like there's a lot of Ford dealers nearby, I can't imagine why anyone doing their research would order from these guys after this.

When I got a fast one regarding ADM pulled on me by Waxahatchee Ford in TX, turns out Ford eventually made them remove the ADM, and even then, I refused to deal with them because of how unethically they acted, even though it was exactly the one I wanted. Plenty of other dealerships to give my business to.

BigDan001

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
We ordered our MachE 8 months ago online. At the time, we were debating between Tesla and MachE. We liked MachE more but were worried about dealership experience. Before placing the order, we called SunnyvaleFord to make sure that there wouldn't be any markup. Today, the car got delivered. But alas, they are asking for 4k over the quoted price. What should we do?
Yikes that stinks. I called the local Ford dealer to chat. Made an appointment to visit him. Fortunately he was one of the most experienced sales guys at the dealer. Sat down with him and found what Mach-E were arriving and when. Sight unseen, we put down the $1000 down on the car and took away a printout of the VIN and price.

The same dealer was adding a markup over invoice to Mach-E's of $2500 and $5000 due to demand. The "office" tried to do it to me, but between my sales guy and the fact I had a contract in hand, there was nothing they could do. Walked out under $40k if you include the $7,500 rebate.

I do worry dealers could blow a game changer for Ford. :-( On the positive side, we are loving the car. Ford seems to have made very easy transition for first time EV owners.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Buying and selling a car is so damn transactional. There's zero sense of a longer-term commitment with most of these guys on the sales end.

I can almost hear the conversations at the annual meetings, "there's just no loyalty in the business. It doesn't make any sense."

gsmithee

First Name
Taadwi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corolla
Country flag
We ordered our MachE 8 months ago online. At the time, we were debating between Tesla and MachE. We liked MachE more but were worried about dealership experience. Before placing the order, we called SunnyvaleFord to make sure that there wouldn't be any markup. Today, the car got delivered. But alas, they are asking for 4k over the quoted price. What should we do?
I am have just encounted the same problem.

I made an online order on Feb 4 with Covert Ford of Hutto in TX. The order was received and confirmed. Pricing Summary has no markup, and never did. Difference from Total MSRP is $0.00.

On Feb 8th I spoke with the Internet sales manager about the order and no markup was discussed.

Now...
Car is currently in transit with ETA of 7/10-7/16. I get a call from the dealership on Monday (6/21) to confirm my order including a $5000 markup. When I pointed out that I ordered online and the agreed upon price was MSRP. They talked it over and called back 2 hours later offering to meet me in the middle at $2500 markup, claiming they (dealerships in general) got screwed by Ford and are losing money selling at MSRP. I asked for the name of a Ford rep to talk to (which he did not know a name) and to put what he is telling me in writing. As I was on vacation at the time, I wanted time to reach out to Michael Levine for advice via Linkedin. From what I have read here, I will reach out to Emma Bergg also

I intend to push back on the MSRP as being the agreed upon price. I don't want to trash the dealership online until I run out of options.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
You should call the state attorney general. Your order fixed the purchase price when they accepted it and took your deposit. It's illegal to change the purchase price after the order was accepted and the deposit taken by the dealer.... Unless you add additional items to the purchase, which would be at additional cost. But they can't legally just add a markup to the purchase price like that and the state AG will back you up.

OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag

I made an online order on Feb 4 with Covert Ford of Hutto in TX. The order was received and confirmed. Pricing Summary has no markup, and never did. Difference from Total MSRP is $0.00.

On Feb 8th I spoke with the Internet sales manager about the order and no markup was discussed.

Now...
Car is currently in transit with ETA of 7/10-7/16. I get a call from the dealership on Monday (6/21) to confirm my order including a $5000 markup. When I pointed out that I ordered online and the agreed upon price was MSRP. They talked it over and called back 2 hours later offering to meet me in the middle at $2500 markup, claiming they (dealerships in general) got screwed by Ford and are losing money selling at MSRP. I asked for the name of a Ford rep to talk to (which he did not know a name) and to put what he is telling me in writing. As I was on vacation at the time, I wanted time to reach out to Michael Levine for advice via Linkedin. From what I have read here, I will reach out to Emma Bergg also

I intend to push back on the MSRP as being the agreed upon price. I don't want to trash the dealership online until I run out of options.
Why not trash the dealership? They are doing something wrong, knowing very well that they are doing something wrong. Please start a new thread on this forum, twitter (with ford, mike levine etc), facebook (with ford etc), complain to BBB about the dealership, complain to the government office which gave license to this dealership, message Ford directly on this forum.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Now...

Maybe start a DM conversation with the Ford Motor Company account here on this site. Maybe they can help?

my2ndstang

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Extended AWD Mach E
Country flag
Hey guys. New to the forum. I just purchased a premium extended battery awd about 2 weeks ago. I got it by frantically checking all my ford dealers around my area practically daily waiting for their stock to change from in transit to in stock. I probably contacted over 10 dealers and of the few that had them in stock, most of them were charging a "premium" on top of msrp. Usually I saw $5,000 over msrp. Especially on the extended battery models. Even the standard battery had a $2,500 mark up. So I am not surprised. What's most annoying is that you have been waiting so long for it. Problem is that the dealer may not budge since the demand on these are high. I wish you best of luck negotiating with them.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
They talked it over and called back 2 hours later offering to meet me in the middle at $2500 markup, claiming they (dealerships in general) got screwed by Ford and are losing money selling at MSRP.
Hope this all gets resolved for you but the quoted section they claim is a large steaming pile of BS, no dealers have got screwed selling at MSRP, not that todays invoice prices are close to what the vehicles costs the dealers, but the invoice price for the mach-e is the same as the msrp so ford threw the dealers a bone a long time ago no doubt in attempt to get them on board so the sales process for potential customers would be the complete opposite to the normal dealership experience and they don't end up losing sales to manufactures that have seen the light and use a painless internet only sales method.

With all the shortages in stock at present, these dealers need to be flagged more than ever so if ford has any backbone when stocks start to return to normal these dealers get the smallest allocation possible.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Hey guys. New to the forum. I just purchased a premium extended battery awd about 2 weeks ago. I got it by frantically checking all my ford dealers around my area practically daily waiting for their stock to change from in transit to in stock. I probably contacted over 10 dealers and of the few that had them in stock, most of them were charging a "premium" on top of msrp. Usually I saw $5,000 over msrp. Especially on the extended battery models. Even the standard battery had a $2,500 mark up. So I am not surprised. What's most annoying is that you have been waiting so long for it. Problem is that the dealer may not budge since the demand on these are high. I wish you best of luck negotiating with them.
Hope you found one not charging over MSRP. Flemington Ford in NJ sold to me at MSRP with additional discount of Xplan. Excellent buying experience.

my2ndstang

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Extended AWD Mach E
Country flag
Hope you found one not charging over MSRP. Flemington Ford in NJ sold to me at MSRP with additional discount of Xplan. Excellent buying experience.
Yes, I refused to pay over msrp. I did have to drive about an hour and a half to get to the Sayville Ford dealer in Long Island, but it was worth it at the end.

gsmithee

First Name
Taadwi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corolla
Country flag
Emma Bergg responded to me on Linkedin this morning and indicated that she reached out to the dealership.

And...
I just received a call from the dealer's internet sales manager saying they because we had discussed this order back in Feb, after I had placed it, they will sell at MSRP. So all is good.

The local dealer has a good reputation and I have friends who swear by them. I wanted to give them a chance to do the right thing before taking out any justified frustration in social media or other recourse. Whether they would or would not have honored the reservation without Ford intervention is debatable, but this is a step in the right direction to earning my respect.

I hope others out there can get their issues also resolved to their satisfaction too.

OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
Emma Bergg responded to me on Linkedin this morning and indicated that she reached out to the dealership.

And...
I just received a call from the dealer's internet sales manager saying they because we had discussed this order back in Feb, after I had placed it, they will sell at MSRP. So all is good.

The local dealer has a good reputation and I have friends who swear by them. I wanted to give them a chance to do the right thing before taking out any justified frustration in social media or other recourse. Whether they would or would not have honored the reservation without Ford intervention is debatable, but this is a step in the right direction to earning my respect.

I hope others out there can get their issues also resolved to their satisfaction too.
I humbly disagree with you. You had to do more work, and had to suffer frustration because of the greed of this dealer. Just because you fought and got what is rightfully yours doesn't mean that the dealer (and imho, Ford) didn't try to screw you knowing very well what they were doing.

Congrats on the car though. You will enjoy it.
Sponsored