Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Similar experience a few weeks ago. Got a heads up (from the forum) of a Grabber Blue in NC that was for sale. Called the dealer and he wanted $5K over MSRP. (Coleman Ford). The forum poster said he bought his at MSRP. I told the dealer to stick where the sun does not shine and I'll wait on my RR.
Sponsored

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Super Duty, 2021 Premium Mach-E x4
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Similar experience buying a demo. The Tesla dealership model is the future and dealerships should be concerned, especially when they do this crap. Hell, Ford should be concerned because this gotcha game the dealerships are playing will push Mach E buyers to Tesla. Good luck in your fight.

Last edited:

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Ugh, I am not having a smooth experience at Ford Frontier at Steven Creek either. My car was delivered to them over 2 months ago. The car came with an issue.

Anyways, Luckily I don't think I see a ADM, but the installments are kinda high, also they have set a cap on me for down payment if I do Ford Option. Is there such a thing?

I believe you can run your own numbers using the website at the end you can:
1. Sign
2. Complete and sign at the dealer.
3. Submit and visit the dealership

I dont think the website shows any ADM. But I did see the same message as you.
Putting an extra down payment on a lease is almost always a terrible idea. It doesn't really lower your total cost much and if you total the car the day after you buy it that down payment evaporates.

https://www.carfax.com/blog/car-lease-down-payment

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Similar experience a few weeks ago. Got a heads up (from the forum) of a Grabber Blue in NC that was for sale. Called the dealer and he wanted $5K over MSRP. (Coleman Ford). The forum poster said he bought his at MSRP. I told the dealer to stick where the sun does not shine and I'll wait on my RR.
There's a big difference between putting an ADM on a car that a dealership has on the lot and putting an ADM on a reservation/order especially when they already agreed to MSRP.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
There's a big difference between putting an ADM on a car that a dealership has on the lot and putting an ADM on a reservation/order especially when they already agreed to MSRP.
Was literally just going to write this.

I was looking at the Kia / Hyundai language and their reservation doesn't even guarantee that you'll get a car, much less the car you ordered. You still have to work with the dealer on the process. At least they guarantee I get the $100 back when all they have are yellow cars and I wanted silver or the dealer jacks the price up by $5K, definitely a risk with Kia / Hyundai dealers. Ford doesn't even guarantee you get the $500 back.

Anyone remember truecar and how it was going to transform the auto industry? Look at it now. Never underestimate American car dealers ability to ruin everything they touch.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Was literally just going to write this.

I was looking at the Kia / Hyundai language and their reservation doesn't even guarantee that you'll get a car, much less the car you ordered. You still have to work with the dealer on the process. At least they guarantee I get the $100 back when all they have are yellow cars and I wanted silver or the dealer jacks the price up by $5K, definitely a risk with Kia / Hyundai dealers. Ford doesn't even guarantee you get the $500 back.

Anyone remember truecar and how it was going to transform the auto industry? Look at it now. Never underestimate American car dealers ability to ruin everything they touch.
Look at the Saturn dealer model GM tried ~20 years ago. Dealerships have earned themselves such a terrible reputation for screwing people that no one ever feels confident they paid a fair price for a vehicle. No haggle/pay one price would be great if the consumer felt they were getting a fair deal.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
ford.com shows this

36jY6bNggKuRYu5.png

3sJ65GHQHJNuaUd.png
This! Looks like if they are trying to add ADM on an order would be violating the ordering process. It is clearly stated that the price shown is the price that the dealer is willing to sell it for. Full stop.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just curious. Can you complete the sale on line? It might bypass the ADM.

PeterInWW

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
911 Supervisor
Country flag
sunnyvale has a 9% sales tax, that and registration/licensing could easily get to $6k. Do you have a break down of fees?

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
We ordered our MachE 8 months ago online. At the time, we were debating between Tesla and MachE. We liked MachE more but were worried about dealership experience. Before placing the order, we called SunnyvaleFord to make sure that there wouldn't be any markup. Today, the car got delivered. But alas, they are asking for 4k over the quoted price. What should we do?
Did you get the "no ADM" statement in writing? Or just verbally? I got mine as an email, by my insistence.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
This is my biggest fear. I have a GT on order and if I wait 28 weeks or more for the car and then the dealer starts their BS I definitely won't take the car or buy another Ford product again.

OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
Just to clarify, they're asking for $60k?
sunnyvale has a 9% sales tax, that and registration/licensing could easily get to $6k. Do you have a break down of fees?
Yes, I have the breakdown. The selling price (before the taxes) is 4k more than what the online order says.