D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
It could have been. Dealers usually enter that information when they first setup their system for online orders. Unless of course the OP has a screenshot of their order that clearly shows no ADM.
I have my pdf of my order preview clearing showing no ADM, maybe the OP has that as well.

I just did a dummy order with my current dealer and there seems to be a 750 dollar ADM now, so looks like dealers are updating their ordering process.

I will be making sure to have my screen shot and my order pdf with me when I go finalize my sale after it is delivered.
Sponsored

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
It could have been. Dealers usually enter that information when they first setup their system for online orders. Unless of course the OP has a screenshot of their order that clearly shows no ADM.
He did show his order screen showing a Dealer Selling Price of 56,200 on the first page. That should be enough, no?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
He did show his order screen showing a Dealer Selling Price of 56,200 on the first page. That should be enough, no?
That would probably work, maybe see if that section can be expanded with the down arrow to show the 'difference from MSRP' as zero. I would email that to the dealer showing that they agreed to that price when the order was taken.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I have a Mach E GT Performance due to come in to Sunnyvale Ford. I have it in writing from them that they will not charge me over MSRP, but these experiences do not fill me with confidence that they won't just do whatever they want.

I called Ford Customer Service today to have them confirm that there's no way for me to change dealers once the order is placed.

So a couple of days ago, I placed a "backup" duplicate order at Frontier Ford, who has told me in writing they will charge no ADM, and they seem more trustworthy in my interactions with them. Whether I will wait the difference in manufacturing time between my original order (an early one placed in Dec 2019) and my backup order is another story.

I have never owned a Ford before, and I might never own one at this rate.

Hopefully Ford looks at this forum at some point, and will see how much their dealership experience is hampering the success of this otherwise pretty great product. And I also hope that no one makes the same mistake of placing their order to be delivered at Sunnyvale Ford...

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a Mach E GT Performance due to come in to Sunnyvale Ford. I have it in writing from them that they will not charge me over MSRP, but these experiences do not fill me with confidence that they won't just do whatever they want.

I called Ford Customer Service today to have them confirm that there's no way for me to change dealers once the order is placed.

So a couple of days ago, I placed a "backup" duplicate order at Frontier Ford, who has told me in writing they will charge no ADM, and they seem more trustworthy in my interactions with them. Whether I will wait the difference in manufacturing time between my original order (an early one placed in Dec 2019) and my backup order is another story.

I have never owned a Ford before, and I might never own one at this rate.

Hopefully Ford looks at this forum at some point, and will see how much their dealership experience is hampering the success of this otherwise pretty great product. And I also hope that no one makes the same mistake of placing their order to be delivered at Sunnyvale Ford...
I had a great experience with Frontier Ford. I got a declined FE in the color I wanted with no ADM. Got x-plan and options as well along with the calif rebate. I did hear recently that they are adding ADM on declined orders now. Did you make sure there was no additional amount when you did the on-line order?

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Are we sure the customer did not agree to the ADM when placing the order?

I went to Ford.com and pretended to order from Sunnyvale Ford. They clearly list the ADM highlighted below.

1623352594780.png
Think he posted the screenshot awhile back. That’s very shady of the dealer.
To the OP Rohit, normally I’d say walk away but in some sense that’s what they kind of want you to do, so they can get more $$$. So just put your foot down, document everything they’re telling you, and make sure they don’t sell it under you. I am sure Ford would make this right and I hope they block Sunnyvale Ford from getting more limited release vehicles. This is downright cheating a customer with documentation in hand, not sure why anyone would want to do that vs earning a repeat customer but some car dealers are a special breed.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Can't you transfer to another dealer?
That's what I did...after Auburn Ford told me that "We're not sure about ADM...we may charge a 3k surcharge". It was pretty easy to transfer the order to a different dealer.

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
You message didn't make it clear that you're talking about a car YOU ordered , and that the dealer has agreed to no ADM with you in the past.
Agreed... The tween is not clear. It needs to be very apparent to Ford executives this dealer is marking up a preorder vehicle beyond the agreed upon price when the order was placed.

Last edited:
OP
OP

rohitj

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Country flag
Thanks everyone for all the help. We had almost lost hopes but the vast support here was instrumental in keeping hopes up and pushing further.

The dealership got back to us today. They noticed this thread actually. They had misunderstood and thought we had placed our order through them and not through the online portal. The screenshot from ford.com website helped. They are honoring our original contract. We are sitting in the dealership right now, waiting to sign the papers. Will update with the pictures next.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Thanks everyone for all the help. We had almost lost hopes but the vast support here was instrumental in keeping hopes up and pushing further.

The dealership got back to us today. They noticed this thread actually. They had misunderstood and thought we had placed our order through them and not through the online portal. The screenshot from ford.com website helped. They are honoring our original contract. We are sitting in the dealership right now, waiting to sign the papers. Will update with the pictures next.
That’s awesome, congrats on the car and make sure you tell your friends to never shop there. I know I won’t! ?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
That’s awesome, congrats on the car and make sure you tell your friends to never shop there. I know I won’t! ?
Considering all the Ford dealers out there in the world, this one has attracted a pretty disproportionate amount of negative attention, it cannot be denied, lol.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Still a crap dealer, don't use them again, no one else should use them. Congrats you got the car but stories like these make me so piping mad. I hate car dealers with a passion. I get it, they're a company trying to make money but some of this is just so bad.

I don't think their excuse of the "we misunderstood" meant anything. I think this thread, and them knowing you were reaching out to Ford made them back off. They thought they'd try to get more money out of you and it failed. Screw them - bunch of low lifes.
Sponsored