Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Considering all the Ford dealers out there in the world, this one has attracted a pretty disproportionate amount of negative attention, it cannot be denied, lol.
Yeah, good riddance. Sounds like if it weren’t for the negative publicity, they wouldn’t have honored something they agreed to. Bad business practices, which is fine, places without repeat business don’t last long.
Sponsored

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
That’s awesome, congrats on the car and make sure you tell your friends to never shop there. I know I won’t! ?
This Ford Dealer is right next to what will be probably the largest Tesla service center and dealership in Northern CA and maybe anywhere. Tesla has outgrown their original location and is moving half a block up the street into a new bigger location. Maybe they will keep the old one too. For Ford to have a predatory dealer in this location is bad for their corporate image. I chose Capitol Ford, 10 mi away because these guys have such a bad rep. Will never take my car there.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks everyone for all the help. We had almost lost hopes but the vast support here was instrumental in keeping hopes up and pushing further.

The dealership got back to us today. They noticed this thread actually. They had misunderstood and thought we had placed our order through them and not through the online portal. The screenshot from ford.com website helped. They are honoring our original contract. We are sitting in the dealership right now, waiting to sign the papers. Will update with the pictures next.
Haha… just good ol’ boys who made an honest mistake. I’ve not bought a domestic in a long time and the differences in my dealership experience was noticeable. Glad they reluctantly honored what shouldn’t have even been up for debate. You might ask them 10 or so times that they have you email correct for the customer satisfaction survey ;)

Plum

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
The dealership got back to us today. They noticed this thread actually. They had misunderstood and thought we had placed our order through them and not through the online portal. The screenshot from ford.com website helped. They are honoring our original contract. We are sitting in the dealership right now, waiting to sign the papers. Will update with the pictures next.
I call bullshit. There’s no way they didn’t know you had a reservation. They are lying to save face.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I had a great experience with Frontier Ford. I got a declined FE in the color I wanted with no ADM. Got x-plan and options as well along with the calif rebate. I did hear recently that they are adding ADM on declined orders now. Did you make sure there was no additional amount when you did the on-line order?
Yes, I have email and online order confirmation that Frontier Ford isn't adding any ADM on an ordered vehicle. They do appear to be doing so for declined orders that are delivered to the lot, but this seems to be a standard practice with a car that's got limited supply compared with demand.

Sunnyvale Ford also is getting the complaint from the Ford customer service line I called. I'm fully prepared to emotionally detach myself from the Sunyvale Ford car if need be with the knowledge I have a "backup" one if I need to use it.... Just hope that won't be the case.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's what I did...after Auburn Ford told me that "We're not sure about ADM...we may charge a 3k surcharge". It was pretty easy to transfer the order to a different dealer.
Ford customer service told me today that you cannot transfer a placed order online from one dealer to another (where you've made a deposit and picked your delivery dealer). A reservation that you have not yet converted to an order can be changed to another dealer at the time you convert the reservation.

Did you manage to change a confirmed deposited order from one dealer to another? If so, care to tell me the secret you used?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks everyone for all the help. We had almost lost hopes but the vast support here was instrumental in keeping hopes up and pushing further.

Haha they "misunderstood" -- or more likely, they misunderstood that you knew how to post on the Mach E forum online.

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
I'm glad this got straightened out, but your experience is representative of a larger problem facing Ford.

Other people have had dealers try to add last minute ADM to preorders.

It's unethical and likely a breech of contract in many cases, but dealerships know customers have few options to fight this nonsense.

In order to rectify the problem, Ford needs to confront this head on. No dealer should be able to add ADM to a preorder after accepting the deposit.

The fact Ford customer service told you they cannot help is disturbing.

Last edited:

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I am disappointed that Ford customer service said there was nothing they could do. Ford absolutely should have done something if the dealer didn’t budge. You had an agreed upon price with the online preorder. If that isn’t a legally binding contract/agreement already, Ford should change it to be one so people can have confidence using it.

I think eventually, someone like Mike or another Ford exec would have stepped in to help, but Ford customer service needs better training to advocate for their actual customers (people driving their autos). We should not have to personally contact Ford execs over twitter and plead with them to step in; company representatives should have that power or be empowered to escalate on your behalf when needed.

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Glad this has been sorted for the OP, but just another in the long line of dealers that suck and magically change tune once they are forum shamed.. While I don't want to tar all dealers with the same brush as end of day when it comes to greedy, hopeless dealers they don't make a brush big enough to cover them all :(

Long term this is just going to be a problem for a lot of the mainstream auto makers such as ford, as BEVS are currently an expensive purchase compared to an ICE people are going to be expecting the service to match, crap customer service is unacceptable when purchasing a 12k fiesta let alone a mach-e costing 4x the price..

With ford USA move away from selling cars to suv's and crossovers where the margins are higher, serious efforts need to made not just to make sure that the vehicle is worthy of commanding a higher price but also has a purchase experience to match.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
If they have one on the lot go to Mission Valley Ford nearby.... that's where I bought my car. Talk to Dean Bishop. Hands down was the best dealership experience I've ever had.
LOL that place is hands-down the worst dealership experience I've ever had. It was on the service side and they told my elderly dad his 7.3 Powerstroke diesel engine had a crack in the timing cover and needed $2800 to put a new one on. I had my dad come over to my house and I put a new water pump on that was sitting on my shelf. Truck fixed.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad this has been sorted for the OP, but just another in the long line of dealers that suck and magically change tune once they are forum shamed.. While I don't want to tar all dealers with the same brush as end of day when it comes to greedy, hopeless dealers they don't make a brush big enough to cover them all :(

Long term this is just going to be a problem for a lot of the mainstream auto makers such as ford, as BEVS are currently an expensive purchase compared to an ICE people are going to be expecting the service to match, crap customer service is unacceptable when purchasing a 12k fiesta let alone a mach-e costing 4x the price..

With ford USA move away from selling cars to suv's and crossovers where the margins are higher, serious efforts need to made not just to make sure that the vehicle is worthy of commanding a higher price but also has a purchase experience to match.
Agree...look what Apple had to do to make sure their products were shown in the best light....Ford - take note.

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
This is my biggest fear. I have a GT on order and if I wait 28 weeks or more for the car and then the dealer starts their BS I definitely won't take the car or buy another Ford product again.
This is my fear too. I’m close to ordering a GT and have emailed several dealers in my area. When I ask them about whether there is ADM, they ghost. Between that and reading this post last night, I started looking at the Model Y Performance. I feel like these dealers are really blowing it for Ford

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag

I also cal bullshit. They are far too sophisticated to believe that you did not have a contract with them for a certain price. Is that window sticker green? Then you know it’s not your car, Sunnyvale Ford!!

Take your car, make them honor x-plan, then never visit them again. There are other dealerships that can service your car up the peninsula.

Last edited:

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I am disappointed that Ford customer service said there was nothing they could do. Ford absolutely should have done something if the dealer didn’t budge. You had an agreed upon price with the online preorder. If that isn’t a legally binding contract/agreement already, Ford should change it to be one so people can have confidence using it.

I think eventually, someone like Mike or another Ford exec would have stepped in to help, but Ford customer service needs better training to advocate for their actual customers (people driving their autos). We should not have to personally contact Ford execs over twitter and plead with them to step in; company representatives should have that power or be empowered to escalate on your behalf when needed.
Please please Ford… make an example, blacklist one of these dealers. “No more sexy cars for you, all you get is Ecosport.”
That should get the point across.
Sponsored