Super sad the performance seats are so much worse.

Dogtoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Finally got a chance to sit in a gt performance. I was super disappointed to discover how uncomfortable the seats are compared to the standard seats. The headrests don't adjust, the shoulder supports have an odd gap where they connect to the lower seat and you feel it in your back. They are so bad my neck hurt within a few minutes. I'm 6'4" tall but my 5'11" wife had a simular feeling.

Really hope standard gt seats are better or ill be stuck to the premium or switching to a tesla.
Sponsored

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you. I have neck and back issues, so this is something that may not have worked for me. My husband wants the G T but we will probably stick to our October Premium delivery. ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thank you. I have neck and back issues, so this is something that may not have worked for me. My husband wants the G T but we will probably stick to our October Premium delivery. ?
The premium seats are nice. I have back issues as well. The premium seats don’t make it worse at all, they’re quite comfortable. Caveat: I live on an island, I’m not driving cross country.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I will be driving a GTPE in a day or two, and plan on comparing it side by side with my Premium, including seat comfort. Not going to buy one, but dealer has one that he's not putting on the floor until end of week and offered to let me drive it.

OP
OP

Dogtoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I will be driving a GTPE in a day or two, and plan on comparing it side by side with my Premium, including seat comfort. Not going to buy one, but dealer has one that he's not putting on the floor until end of week and offered to let me drive it.
Good luck. I'm hoping to find a standard GT now. The seats appear to be more similar to the premium. Some background... I was going to get a tesla Y but the headrests on teslas don't move either. Super uncomfortable. The Mach E premium seats are amazing!

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
I have 1,300 miles on my GT PE since Aug 19th. I have been completely comfortable driving (5' 9").

Two things about the seats:

1. The shoulder wrap arounds are fine, hardly notice them, until trying to reach into the back seat to grab something. They get in the way and make it harder to reach back.
  2. Probably not really the seats per se, but the "easy / comfort get in and out" feature seems to not work for some reason on this GTPE. The seats don't move when turning turning the car on/off and entering / exiting. It does work on the new Select I just bought last week.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Having driven our Mach-E for about 4,800 highway miles in two long trips, I agree the seats are very comfortable, EXCEPT for the lack of cooling / ventilated seats, which is a huge miss for @Ford Motor Company.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
There is a reason why La-Z-boy sells more than one model of chair.

There is an ass for every seat.

A few of the reviewers this week who drove the GT and GTPE back to back commented they like the PE seats better than the GT and the premium.

It’s likely all personal preference. We come in different sizes and shapes, and so do the seats.

OP
OP

Dogtoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
There is a reason why La-Z-boy sells more than one model of chair.

There is an ass for every seat.

A few of the reviewers this week who drove the GT and GTPE back to back commented they like the PE seats better than the GT and the premium.

It’s likely all personal preference. We come in different sizes and shapes, and so do the seats.
Agree! I just wish the GTPE version of the car had seat options! Let me pick my seats ford! I hate that I have to downgrade so my back and neck don't hurt! No fun to drive if your in pain the whole time.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP

Dogtoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I have 1,300 miles on my GT PE since Aug 19th. I have been completely comfortable driving (5' 9").

Two things about the seats:

1. The shoulder wrap arounds are fine, hardly notice them, until trying to reach into the back seat to grab something. They get in the way and make it harder to reach back.
  2. Probably not really the seats per se, but the "easy / comfort get in and out" feature seems to not work for some reason on this GTPE. The seats don't move when turning turning the car on/off and entering / exiting. It does work on the new Select I just bought last week.
My guess is the headrests are not an issue for you because your a bit shorter then us. They have a fixed angle so me and my wife had to lean the seats way back or have our chin pushed into our chest.

All preference though! I'm just guessing why they may not be an issue for you. Really wish they let you pick your seats!

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
I’m around 700 miles on my GTPE and I don’t mind the seats. Took a bit of adjustment to get comfy, but it’s fine. I’m 6’ and my wife is 5’ and neither of us have any major complaints other than the shoulder bolsters making it harder to reach into the back seat to help the kids with… whatever.

tman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I wonder if the Premium seats are compatible enough to swap with them? I'm sure you could find another MME owner who would trade you if they could easily unbolt and change.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Weird. I think the GTPE seats fit me way better than the premium seats. I love them. OP, just for curiosity, what's your height and weight? I find more "performance" oriented seats can be uncomfortable for certain body types.

The GT reviews I have read/watched that came out yesterday like them too.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
My guess is the headrests are not an issue for you because your a bit shorter then us. They have a fixed angle so me and my wife had to lean the seats way back or have our chin pushed into our chest.

All preference though! I'm just guessing why they may not be an issue for you. Really wish they let you pick your seats!
I'm 6'5" and the headrests aren't an issue for me.

I don't rest my head on the headrest normally though. Some people do, some people don't, but I think the majority of people don't.
Sponsored