DRob1260

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, infinite blue
Country flag
I’ve been watching the Submitted Orders # Tracking List and Stats thread a lot to get an idea of when I might get a production date and other dates for my order. I got tired of scrolling through the super long table and decided to put my web dev skills to some use to help myself out a bit. Sharing in case others could get use out of it! The data is pulled live from the Google Sheet that the original/real submitted orders table is based on. I may try to add more features as I find the time. Open to suggestions!

If you’re a geek like me and are curious, all of the code is fully open:
* Backend: https://github.com/DRob1260/drew-robert-api
* Frontend: https://github.com/DRob1260/drew-robert-site
Sponsored

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
The main thing I see is that no expected production dates past May 31st have been assigned, and it has been that way for a few weeks it seems.

bairdc3

First Name
Baird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium EXT, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Equinox
Occupation
Chief Technology Officer
Country flag
Added my name to the list yesterday, thanks for doing this much easier to sort and see if anyone is getting anywhere. Order date for me was 3/26/2021. Dealer is telling me 5 months at this point as there is a chip shortage

OP
OP
DRob1260

DRob1260

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Added my name to the list yesterday, thanks for doing this much easier to sort and see if anyone is getting anywhere. Order date for me was 3/26/2021. Dealer is telling me 5 months at this point as there is a chip shortage
Glad you could get some use out of it! Just curious, was the “5 months” that your dealer mentioned for estimated delivery? Mine said 8-10 weeks, which I took as not realistic. 5 months sounds about right at this point.

bairdc3

First Name
Baird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Technology Officer
Country flag
Correct they said when I can come possibly get it would be 20-22 weeks ( at first they said 3-4 months then corrected to 4-5 months), because of a Chip Shortage they said. I ordered mine online, $500 deposit and it says Step 1 Green Check in Reserve. Blue in Place Order Ready. In order status below it says Order Sent to Dealer, and Order Accepted by Dealer. Next step shows scheduled for Production (no Green check here yet). I suspect it will be awhile

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correct they said when I can come possibly get it would be 20-22 weeks ( at first they said 3-4 months then corrected to 4-5 months), because of a Chip Shortage they said. I ordered mine online, $500 deposit and it says Step 1 Green Check in Reserve. Blue in Place Order Ready. In order status below it says Order Sent to Dealer, and Order Accepted by Dealer. Next step shows scheduled for Production (no Green check here yet). I suspect it will be awhile
Yeah, March 4 order for me (same indicators as you) and I'd be quite happy to have it in August.

OP
OP
DRob1260

DRob1260

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, I’m in the same place. I’d really just like a production date, even if it’s a bit later than I was hoping.

bairdc3

First Name
Baird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Technology Officer
Country flag
It's just data analytics, interesting that everyone online can do projecting and have a website tracker, but the company with the actual data and order #'s, order dates, order details WON'T provide access to the data with all the orders so that we can actually see what is going on. Pretty simple to do they just WON't show the data. So we are left to speculate, based on HERD data analytics. LOL

OP
OP
DRob1260

DRob1260

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's just data analytics, interesting that everyone online can do projecting and have a website tracker, but the company with the actual data and order #'s, order dates, order details WON'T provide access to the data with all the orders so that we can actually see what is going on. Pretty simple to do they just WON't show the data. So we are left to speculate, based on HERD data analytics. LOL
Given how new all of this is for Ford, I wouldn’t be surprised if
A) There’s been an internal battle to even allow the current order process and tracking.
or B) Their software teams are struggling to get stuff out the door quickly enough.
or C) All of the above.

That’s pure speculation though. Either way, they’re not providing a fantastic customer experience, particularly compared to this car’s direct competition, Tesla.

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Given how new all of this is for Ford, I wouldn’t be surprised if
A) There’s been an internal battle to even allow the current order process and tracking.
or B) Their software teams are struggling to get stuff out the door quickly enough.
or C) All of the above.

That’s pure speculation though. Either way, they’re not providing a fantastic customer experience, particularly compared to this car’s direct competition, Tesla.
They aren't really providing a good experience for their dealers either. My sales guy seems quite frustrated that he can't provide more information to his customers.

OP
OP
DRob1260

DRob1260

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do wonder how smoothly the order process went in the early days of Tesla, or even the earliest Model 3 orders. I would guess they had to learn a fair amount as well.

artifact

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD Infinite Blue Premium AWD Onyx
Country flag
Suggestion: Date filter by month (or 30 days) so I can compare my times with those that ordered/built around when I did. Although filtering by order # almost does this those with really long (or short) times might get lost.

OP
OP
DRob1260

DRob1260

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Suggestion: Date filter by month (or 30 days) so I can compare my times with those that ordered/built around when I did. Although filtering by order # almost does this those with really long (or short) times might get lost.
That could definitely be done! I will say, you can tap/click on any of the column headings to sort by that column. So I typically tap/click on the order date heading and then page over to my order to do comparisons with other orders.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The dates you pulled out of the table are one less than they should be.
My order date is 1/6/2021, it came up as 1/5/2021.
My production week is 5/24/2021, it came up as 5/23/2021.

OP
OP
DRob1260

DRob1260

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The dates you pulled out of the table are one less than they should be.
My order date is 1/6/2021, it came up as 1/5/2021.
My production week is 5/24/2021, it came up as 5/23/2021.
Thank you, it should be fixed now!
Sponsored