marty5

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD - grey interior
Country flag
I purchased this item on Amazon May 18 for $699.00. Just happened to click on today and now almost double? Timing is everything in this world.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Supply and demand at work?!? 1623193061375
Sponsored

bcraven01

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Standard Range Battery - AWD
Occupation
Cyber Security
Country flag

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
it's interesting it seems the other EVSEs are pretty much the price they've been for a few months.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I purchased this item on Amazon May 18 for $699.00. Just happened to click on today and now almost double? Timing is everything in this world.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Supply and demand at work?!? 1623193455431
This is not being sold by Amazon or ChargePoint. This is someone attempting price gouging on Amazon marketplace. The normal price pops in and out all the time, if you are patient.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I rather doubt that there has been a big surge in demand recently, so maybe it is a supply issue. But then the 48A version of JuiceBox is also back-ordered, so maybe there is higher interest in the 48A charging rate.

Those selling at above $699 on Amazon are third-party sellers. I was ready to purchase after receiving a build date for my Mach-E, and to my dismay it was out of stock at both Amazon and ChargePoint (at the latter the estimated ship date has also slipped from 2-3 weeks to 4-5 weeks). Lately Amazon seems to be getting them in small batches, and that's how I found mine - it was early morning that day and there were 15 in stock, by noon they were all sold. I found mine exactly one week after you ordered yours, and during the week between your order and mine it was always out of stock on the date/time I checked. After my batch were sold out, Amazon again had no stock to sell for a week or so, until another small batch hit the shelf. When I received mine, one of the shipping labels on the box implied it was #5 in a batch of 16 boxes.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I rather doubt that there has been a big surge in demand recently, so maybe it is a supply issue. But then the 48A version of JuiceBox is also back-ordered, so maybe there is higher interest in the 48A charging rate.

Those selling at above $699 on Amazon are third-party sellers. I was ready to purchase after receiving a build date for my Mach-E, and to my dismay it was out of stock at both Amazon and ChargePoint (at the latter the estimated ship date has also slipped from 2-3 weeks to 4-5 weeks). Lately Amazon seems to be getting them in small batches, and that's how I found mine - it was early morning that day and there were 15 in stock, by noon they were all sold. I found mine exactly one week after you ordered yours, and during the week between your order and mine it was always out of stock on the date/time I checked. After my batch were sold out, Amazon again had no stock to sell for a week or so, until another small batch hit the shelf. When I received mine, one of the shipping labels on the box implied it was #5 in a batch of 16 boxes.
Demand is more than 10 times what it was this time last year according to all the manufacturers that we deal with. Most every manufacturer (except maybe for Grizzl-e) are more concerned with meeting the needs of their commercial customers. The household consumer market is secondary so expect to se home EVSE models to go in and out of stock for a while yet to come.

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I ordered a ChargePoint April 30th and it didn't ship until May 26th. I'm assuming supply for their parts are still trickling in but it seems every week they are adding another week to their expected ship time.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I bought mine through Amazon and saw the price bounce around too. I think those sellers have them priced that way all the time, and they just show up when the other inventory is depleted. I guess it is price gouging by those other sellers, but when Amazon stock came back in, it was right back at $699

I ordered through ChargePoint directly (back-order with a few weeks lead time) and canceled after I found it back in stock with two-day delivery. ChargePoint was actually a little difficult about canceling the order, even though it was back-ordered. I just mention this in case anyone is thinking about ordering for different places and taking whichever arrives first.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I ordered a ChargePoint April 30th and it didn't ship until May 26th. I'm assuming supply for their parts are still trickling in but it seems every week they are adding another week to their expected ship time.
Yes, chip shortages resulted in longer wait times when ordering from manufacturers. If you don't like waiting you can always find third party sellers at double the price.

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I ordered through ChargePoint directly (back-order with a few weeks lead time) and canceled after I found it back in stock with two-day delivery. ChargePoint was actually a little difficult about canceling the order, even though it was back-ordered. I just mention this in case anyone is thinking about ordering for different places and taking whichever arrives first.
Yeah, I figured something like that would happen but took comfort in knowing that if I went with another EVSE during my wait that I could easily sell it on Amazon/Ebay.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah, I figured something like that would happen but took comfort in knowing that if I went with another EVSE during my wait that I could easily sell it on Amazon/Ebay.
I'm really happy with my ChargePoint so far. Nothing really fancy about them, but I think the install looks clean. I wish I had a better cord management solution, but I picked a location that would work for all three bays of my garage. If the Ford option had been available, I would have picked it.

I hope you like yours, too.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Demand is more than 10 times what it was this time last year according to all the manufacturers that we deal with. Most every manufacturer (except maybe for Grizzl-e) are more concerned with meeting the needs of their commercial customers. The household consumer market is secondary so expect to se home EVSE models to go in and out of stock for a while yet to come.
Grizzl-E has a bunch out of stock, so my guess there is a higher demand across the board.

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I'm really happy with my ChargePoint so far. Nothing really fancy about them, but I think the install looks clean. I wish I had a better cord management solution, but I picked a location that would work for all three bays of my garage. If the Ford option had been available, I would have picked it.

I hope you like yours, too.
Yeah, got it installed last week and our MME arrives next week. So we’ll see! Lol

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yeah, got it installed last week and our MME arrives next week. So we’ll see! Lol
Did you perform the setup in your app to change the light from white to green? Just asking because the default mode will charge but much slower then you are expecting so setting it up in the app is preferred.
Sponsored