Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
My unit was delivered about six weeks ago. I immediately started running into an alert regarding suspension system fault and speed limit limited to 80. I then ran into some problems which side sensors and back up sensors faulting. Today I’m running into a problem where it seems to be shifting into snow mode on its own without any snow or dampness. Anyone else with these problems?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
My unit was delivered about six weeks ago. I immediately started running into an alert regarding suspension system fault and speed limit limited to 80. I then ran into some problems which side sensors and back up sensors faulting. Today I’m running into a problem where it seems to be shifting into snow mode on its own without any snow or dampness. Anyone else with these problems?
To my knowledge, Mach-Es don’t even have a snow mode? Is this something specific to the GT-PE? I’m guessing that you have MagnaRide, because I’ve never heard of any kind of suspension warnings being thrown.

Were I to guess, it sounds like you have some bad softwarein whatever module handles your suspension. Sounds like a Ford Field Service Engineer is going to have to get involved.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Yeah, being a Mach E owner is like Congress not knowing what’s in a bill. You don’t know what’s in it until you read it. I have no idea what the “snow” mode is but the little snowflake alert is telling me somethings there. I’ll get it into the techs again soon.

37E89DF3-5615-4623-8DDC-2452B1C09B8A.jpeg

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yeah, being a Mach E owner is like Congress not knowing what’s in a bill. You don’t know what’s in it until you read it. I have no idea what the “snow” mode is but the little snowflake alert is telling me somethings there. I’ll get it into the techs again soon.
I think that's just the temperature warning. Indicating that there's a possibility to icy road conditions. I think it comes on at ~40F and below. It's not listed in the symbols glossary in the manual but from prior vehicles that's what I'm assuming.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had that exact same temp warning indicator on other Ford cars. It would turn ORANGE when the outside ambient temp dropped to 39˚ and RED when 33˚ and below.

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Thanks for the post and clarification on snow flake on road indicator. Noted the same symbol a week or two ago on my GT on cold mornings. Could not find it in the manual. Assumed something like noted above about just being cold out. Finally had a moment to check here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suspension Fault Detected and other issues 1635138945108

mschian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E PE and Ford 2019 Ranger
Occupation
New Car Sales Northgate Ford Inc
Country flag
I've just had the same thing pop up on my Mach E GT PE twice now. There was frost on the ground so I know it was a cold morning high 20's. I work at a Ford dealer and I'm having them check it out. Of course it's all new to them. If I find anything out I'll let you know.

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
I've just had the same thing pop up on my Mach E GT PE twice now. There was frost on the ground so I know it was a cold morning high 20's. I work at a Ford dealer and I'm having them check it out. Of course it's all new to them. If I find anything out I'll let you know.
Yep, had the same warning (magneride fault, limited to 80mph) on my GTPE in the morning last week when overnight temps dropped to 29F, though car was in a garage (unheated but insulated). Went away after about a mile down the road and never came back again. I assume a sensor is detecting an edge condition on something vs. an actual fault. Or just a software glitch. Also find it funny that the "limit" is 80mph, which also tells me it's not something critical. So looking forward to see what your dealer says.

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
Any issue on this? Got same message Today

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks to me like your are trying to take off while your wings are still folded....

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
Any update?

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
My suspension problem went away for about 2 weeks and now it’s back. It’s cold here now and I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. The problem is getting it in to service is a nightmare at Ken Garff Ford in Fort Collins. Then, they want it for days (and not just a couple). I’m not sure how that place stays in business.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I started getting this suspension fault error today. Scheduling an appointment with the dealer for early next week to get it checked out.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I started getting this suspension fault error today. Scheduling an appointment with the dealer for early next week to get it checked out.
Yes, mine goes in again tomorrow. I have another appointment at another dealer next week too. This is getting old for me. I’m an avid ford and Mustang fan but 2k in and I’m not thrilled.
Sponsored