Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On my GT500 (MagneRide Suspension) I once had the "Suspension Fault Speed Limited to 80 MPH" warning when I had done some rear end suspension mods. After checking more closely, when I reinstalled the right rear MagneRide shock, I didn't plug the connector in tight enough. I never had the warning come back after that issue. I know others with S550 Mustangs have gotten this warning with failed ride hight sensors and damaged wiring leading to the shocks.

Nick (uncle_0gre) might be on to something and it has to do with the MagneRide shocks or some sensor getting too cold and displaying that warning. I don't take my GT500 out when it's extremely cold with the wide (345/30/20) summer tires so wouldn't know if I'd get that warning because of cold temps.

Suspension Warning.jpg
Sponsored

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
Have had the error message 3 times in 3 months. Each time it's upon "startup" after a cold night (in an unheated but insulated garage). Goes away after about 5 min of driving, and only appeared after the first day of a string of nights below 35F. So it didn't re-appear on consecutive cold nights.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Have had the error message 3 times in 3 months. Each time it's upon "startup" after a cold night (in an unheated but insulated garage). Goes away after about 5 min of driving, and only appeared after the first day of a string of nights below 35F. So it didn't re-appear on consecutive cold nights.
That’s what I had been running into, then I ended up an hour from home in a little snow. Good news is even with summer tires it handled well. Bad news, is the fault came on and the problem was painful driving home. What it does is decrease power at 70. When I was past the snow, I was stuck on a Colorado highway with a 75mph speed limit struggling to keep up with traffic. My point is, get it fixed.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
That’s what I had been running into, then I ended up an hour from home in a little snow. Good news is even with summer tires it handled well. Bad news, is the fault came on and the problem was painful driving home. What it does is decrease power at 70. When I was past the snow, I was stuck on a Colorado highway with a 75mph speed limit struggling to keep up with traffic. My point is, get it fixed.
I have service scheduled and will let the feed know what happens. Thanks for that context. We get Plenty of snow here too. Cheers!

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
Mine has happened about 3 time in the past 3 weeks. Always when I start up the car (it is garage kept but it can get cold). Always goes away. (It is cold but it has happened after being in a 40 degree garage.)
I have a service appointment and will tell them to check with Ford Engineers. I have the Mach-E GT PE as well.

After the warning light goes off, it does not limit the car to 80 MPH's.
OK, I had my service appointment- 2 days in, not bad! They performed 5 software updates. Visual inspection and said that I was good to go.
Drove the last two days in single digit temps and no warning about suspension faults.
I’ll update if I get one.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
Let us know what they find and this error should only be present on GTPEs because that's the only trim with an adaptive suspension system.

FWIW I routinely depart in sub freezing temps and have never seen it outside of programming vehicle modules, which is expected
Just to follow up - the dealer had the car for 2 days. Said that there were 5 different software updates. Did a diagnostic on the suspension system and it passed with no errors. I have had it 4 days and no errors yet. We have had 8 degree nights (though I keep it in a garage) but that was the case when the errors happened previously. I am cautiously optimistic.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Just to follow up - the dealer had the car for 2 days. Said that there were 5 different software updates. Did a diagnostic on the suspension system and it passed with no errors. I have had it 4 days and no errors yet. We have had 8 degree nights (though I keep it in a garage) but that was the case when the errors happened previously. I am cautiously optimistic.
Kinda curious what update they said they ran. I don't know of anything that affects magna. Would you mind sending me your VIN via DM so I can see what they did?

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
IT Engineer, aviator, gearhead, tinkerer, putterer, wife pesterer.
Country flag
This morning, Sunday, 29F inside garage and I have the same issue. Wondered if it is part of the "clunking" on-left-turn issue (not a CV noise) as well?

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
This morning, Sunday, 29F inside garage and I have the same issue. Wondered if it is part of the "clunking" on-left-turn issue (not a CV noise) as well?
Does the clunking happen on a hard left turn?? I get that sometimes but it has to be a very hard left turn.

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
Country flag
Does the clunking happen on a hard left turn?? I get that sometimes but it has to be a very hard left turn.
Well, left turn coming out of a driveway onto a two-lane isn't to me THAT hard of a turn, but hard turn or not, I should be able to turn it at full lock without banging noises or wondering if something is going to break.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
Well, left turn coming out of a driveway onto a two-lane isn't to me THAT hard of a turn, but hard turn or not, I should be able to turn it at full lock without banging noises or wondering if something is going to break.
Agreed. Do you have a bump at the end of your driveway or is it a smooth transition? Mine has about a 3 inch hump to get over. It only happens after the bump. So later on in a parking lot or other smooth surface I don’t get any banging noises.

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
Country flag
Agreed. Do you have a bump at the end of your driveway or is it a smooth transition? Mine has about a 3 inch hump to get over. It only happens after the bump. So later on in a parking lot or other smooth surface I don’t get any banging noises.
Smooth transition. I should mention that each time this has occurred the temperatures have been frigid (for Maryland), below freezing.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I’ve heard this noise before too. Tends to happen when I’m parking and fully cut to the left. I do that backing into parking spot daily

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
Country flag
Ford Motor Company contacted me about it in another thread and I responded, so hopefully we will get this figured out and I can post here what was found. I am wondering if there is an issue with tolerances or cold weather operation in the Magna differential within the front motor gearbox. You can see it here I don't think it is a limited slip, but on the performance model it could be. Sandy Monroe seems to think it's an excellent design, so I hope it ends up being something simple like a bad wheel speed sensor or something in the software.

Dr.Xit

First Name
Dr.Xit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes B250e, Yamaha FZ6R
Country flag
Just got this warning first time today on my GT PE. I'm in California so cold should not be an issue. We haven't seen temps below 40 in the past couple of weeks.

One thing I did different in the past 2-3 days: I have been using remote start more than usually. Today before seeing the warning I drove for more than 20 minutes on Blue Cruise (Ford 'self drive'), parked the car on the street around 6pm for an hour or so and then remotely started the car. And there it was. Other info: Drive mode was unbridled. Temp outside I'd say 54*F.

I'll keep an eye on it for next week or so before taking it in. At least I'm glad to hear on this thread that if the warning goes away we're not limited to 80mph. Although it sucks to hear that technicians are still scratching their heads.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suspension Fault Detected and other issues IMG_20220129_200917411_MF_PORTRAIT~2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suspension Fault Detected and other issues IMG_20220129_200946104_MF_PORTRAIT~2