uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
@rsfloodco im also in Fort Collins. I just got this error message today.
My assumption is that it has something to do with how cold it gets overnight.
I took the car for a little drive. Turned it off and back on and the alert went away.
I wonder if the fluid used in the shocks has decreases in volume as it gets cold. When it gets too cold, maybe the volume decreases enough that it triggers the fault warning.

please tell me what Ken Garff says. I’ve only had my Mach e for about a week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
@rsfloodco im also in Fort Collins. I just got this error message today.
My assumption is that it has something to do with how cold it gets overnight.
I took the car for a little drive. Turned it off and back on and the alert went away.
I wonder if the fluid used in the shocks has decreases in volume as it gets cold. When it gets too cold, maybe the volume decreases enough that it triggers the fault warning.

please tell me what Ken Garff says. I’ve only had my Mach e for about a week.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
They had it for 3 days again and rebooted all the modules they think they needed to. Hasn’t happened again but it only seem to happen 1/3-4 days prior so who knows. On another note, I think they goofed something else up. When I took it out last night, the radio screen was white washed out and unreadable. Took a few shut offs until it seemed to reset itself.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Mine's in the shop today. My errors haven't come back since the first time it happened, but I wanted to have them check it out and at least have this recorded with them anyway. I'll post updates when I hear back.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Third time wasn’t a charm. The defaults came back after 5 days. Temps near 50 so not a cold issue. Given up on the Fort Collins dealership and going to try the one in Loveland.

C1766B31-D7B1-46E7-A318-7F5D34DB3D5A.jpeg

20B9B40E-29F0-4E99-AA58-7CC7E726D287.jpeg

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I brought mine into service on Monday of this week. They actually found a fault in the system from Saturday, which I never saw come up on the screen. Basically what the tech told me is I have a false positive without a secondary type of issue (alert comes back or actual hardware error). The error they found in the system from Saturday was C1132:64. There was no TSB or SSM on this. They also found the previous alert of UO416 in continuous memory; cleared the code and it didn't come back.

I have since received the "Suspension Fault" error one more time.

snickerson123

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I got a suspension fault too a few days ago on my gt pe. Weird. It has not come back on yet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Suspension Fault Detected and other issues 20211222_180242

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Mines been in the shop since Monday. This is its fifth visit. They can’t get it figured out. Seems to come and go every 3-5days. I’m looking into lemon laws at this point.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
The dealer cannot fix this issue without debugging and guidance from Ford engineers. Clearing codes and resetting the software is not a fix. Have your dealers opened a case and wait for instructions from Ford?

koorb

First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Cayenne 2021 GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Suspension fault on mine today….last three days have had nights below freezing and this is the first I have driven it.
Anybody get any resolution from the dealer service department ?
Thanks

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Suspension fault on mine today….last three days have had nights below freezing and this is the first I have driven it.
Anybody get any resolution from the dealer service department ?
Thanks
I had mine checked out by the dealer and they didn't find and issue. The tech told me one of two other things need to happen; it either needs to throw an error code for him that something is actually wrong, or the error has to come right back after he clears it. Mine has come back again one other time, but went away and haven't seen it again.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
For those of you having this issue what are the conditions that it presents itself? I.e. First thing in the morning when turning the car on. Releasing the e-brake. Shifting into drive etc.

The only time I've seen this error is when programing the ABS system. That doesn't mean it has anything to do with the ABS system, in fact it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Magna system if it's a sister component with the issue. Just probing for a common denominator other than "it's cold".

koorb

First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Cayenne 2021 GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine was after sitting in an unheated enclosure for three days in which each night was below freezing. Driving modes were disabled. After driving around for 30 minutes,
the error message no longer appeared when started.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
Mine has happened about 3 time in the past 3 weeks. Always when I start up the car (it is garage kept but it can get cold). Always goes away. (It is cold but it has happened after being in a 40 degree garage.)
I have a service appointment and will tell them to check with Ford Engineers. I have the Mach-E GT PE as well.

After the warning light goes off, it does not limit the car to 80 MPH's.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Mine has happened about 3 time in the past 3 weeks. Always when I start up the car (it is garage kept but it can get cold). Always goes away. (It is cold but it has happened after being in a 40 degree garage.)
I have a service appointment and will tell them to check with Ford Engineers. I have the Mach-E GT PE as well.

After the warning light goes off, it does not limit the car to 80 MPH's.
Let us know what they find and this error should only be present on GTPEs because that's the only trim with an adaptive suspension system.

FWIW I routinely depart in sub freezing temps and have never seen it outside of programming vehicle modules, which is expected
Sponsored