Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I haven’t been too active here lately. Haven’t made any more modifications to show off and haven’t had any problems so nothing to contribute to the hive mind. But I just got a call from my son. He says my vehicle has a couple dash lights and told him to “Service Vehicle Soon.” I can only assume its the HVBJB failure. I am not here to complain but thought I would add my data point to the knowledge base.

I had to the HVBJB update done Friday Aug, 5th. When I got the update, I warned to the dealer that I enjoyed spirited driving and I expected the HVBJB failure pretty quick. I’m actually surprised it made it this far, though I don’t do the speeds a lot of others do, so maybe thats why. I enjoy the launch, but don’t want the tickets.

Anyway, I’m out of town and will try to get the car to the dealer ASAP. I’ll keep this thread updated as things progress.
Sponsored

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Hopefully you have a smooth repair. If you haven’t already it helps to get a case started with Ford directly.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hopefully you have a smooth repair. If you haven’t already it helps to get a case started with Ford directly.
I’d like to, but without being near the car, I’m not sure if I’d have the right info to tell them. Nor do I know how to call them. It’s my first issue. Do I use @Ford Motor Company here? Or I’ve read about a Ford EV work group that some people have worked with?

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’d like to, but without being near the car, I’m not sure if I’d have the right info to tell them. Nor do I know how to call them. It’s my first issue. Do I use @Ford Motor Company here? Or I’ve read about a Ford EV work group that some people have worked with?
All you really need is the VIN, the main customer service number, a description of the problem and be the registered owner. You call the main service number, they should move you immediately to the BEV team.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Let's get the codes to confirm it's the HVBJB and I'll get you all the info you need for a case. The phone number is in my mega thread but I'll provide it in DM as well.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Let's get the codes to confirm it's the HVBJB and I'll get you all the info you need for a case. The phone number is in my mega thread but I'll provide it in DM as well.
Thanks Todd!

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The number is 800-392-3673 they will take some basic info from you to start a case and will follow up every few days. I have the standard questions they ask below. They can reach out to dealer for you to work with their service department to get them the information needed to assess your vehicle.

-The vehicle owner's full name and your relation to them (if applicable)
-Your full name
-Your zip code
-Email and phone number
-Mileage
-Dealer you take your car to if you can drive it there

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
It was confirmed to be the HVBJB.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I’m beginning to think these failures are actually a good thing, as long as it is not on a road trip. The challenging part is getting the parts and a dealer who has an EV tech with the time and desire to replace it. In my case the part took less than two weeks to get in, but even with the part there the dealer says it will be another two weeks before they will have a tech with the time to install it.

I know a lot of people here think this should be a replacement recall across the board, but seeing how long it is taking most dealers just to handle the failures, I can’t imagine how bad it would be if everyone was trying to get in at once.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I’m beginning to think these failures are actually a good thing, as long as it is not on a road trip. The challenging part is getting the parts and a dealer who has an EV tech with the time and desire to replace it. In my case the part took less than two weeks to get in, but even with the part there the dealer says it will be another two weeks before they will have a tech with the time to install it.

I know a lot of people here think this should be a replacement recall across the board, but seeing how long it is taking most dealers just to handle the failures, I can’t imagine how bad it would be if everyone was trying to get in at once.
Yeah, this is very true. I can’t even imagine the cluster it would have been to try to do a campaign with the supply chain the way it is, and like you said, the tech availability. I’m sure Ford was aware of those bottlenecks when making the decision to handle via the SVS/SVN recall. The glass recall was bad enough and that affected a much smaller number of cars and didn’t require an EV tech.

I can’t say I’m happy about how my car was handled, but better than a 7 month wait on parts and it failing without warning 3 months into the wait.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I disagree, respectfully.

they should do a full recall, maybe GTPE first , GT second and then premiums and select. This should not be, breakdown and call when most of us, especially me believe it will happen, we just don’t know when.

I just came home from my grandsons soccer game 50 miles from my home. I go back to the car and the first thing I think about is, will it start. I shouldn’t have to think of that especially at 9 pm. Getting a tow and the issues with it. They know they put a bad part in the car, not maybe but definitely.

I understand that all of us couldn’t get it replaced right away but not everyone would want it right away and based on people and dealers schedules it will get done in a better time frame.

I will add that maybe, if they did a recall they would speed up production instead of ordering it in drops and drabs. They might not be 100% sure the new part if “good”. By spreading it out they will find out if it is in fact robust enough, because if not, they will have to replace the replacements all over again.

this is plain BS by a company that doesn’t want to take responsibility and take a PR hit and of course spreading the monetary pain out a bit.

spending premium $ for a Ford I expect better.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

No way, none of those things are excuses for a bricked $50k+ vehicle.

Get off the koolaid!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I know, that you know, that I'm in that camp of people who think the recall should be a replacement.

The #1 reason that I think it should be a recall replacement is because ever since day 1 that this was announced I knew that software wouldn't fix hardware unless it severely neutered us. In the first 15 days of this month we have had 7 members with the recall applied that got SSN, full bricked cars. Additionally, you have people like me that couldn't even make it home while on a road trip. I was actually planning to pay for a replacement when I got home from that vacation and I never made it. So scheduling a replacement, instead of it happening at random, is a big thing for a lot of people.

Lastly, while sure there's some crazy long waits, most people are a little hyperbolic and lack patience so an actual wait of 14 days is made to seem like it's been 1.5 years. Based on my data it looks like 10-15 days is about average with a few outliers each way.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I know, that you know, that I'm in that camp of people who think the recall should be a replacement.

The #1 reason that I think it should be a recall replacement is because ever since day 1 that this was announced I knew that software wouldn't fix hardware unless it severely neutered us. In the first 15 days of this month we have had 7 members with the recall applied that got SSN, full bricked cars. Additionally, you have people like me that couldn't even make it home while on a road trip. I was actually planning to pay for a replacement when I got home from that vacation and I never made it. So scheduling a replacement, instead of it happening at random, is a big thing for a lot of people.

Lastly, while sure there's some crazy long waits, most people are a little hyperbolic and lack patience so an actual wait of 14 days is made to seem like it's been 1.5 years. Based on my data it looks like 10-15 days is about average with a few outliers each way.
I can certainly see it both ways. I also agree that a lot more than 50% will eventually fail (and a lot higher percentage of GT models). However, by doing it the way Ford is doing it now they are at least preventing the onslaught of people overwhelming a lot of their dealers all at once with a repair that takes at least a full day to complete… and that is assuming everything goes as planned.
Sponsored