Swapping tires GT for GTPE

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
I am looking at a deal for my GT to GTPE car and the dealer was willing to swap tires since I want all season.

Anything I should be worried about? Looks like same size tire obviously I lose a little performance on the PE without summer but don’t want to deal with two sets.
Sponsored

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
I am looking at a deal for my GT to GTPE car and the dealer was willing to swap tires since I want all season.

Anything I should be worried about? Looks like same size tire obviously I lose a little performance on the PE without summer but don’t want to deal with two sets.
You should be just fine. I swap out tires each winter to all seasons and I actually like the ride better with the AS's verses the Summer tires.

OP
OP

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
You should be just fine. I swap out tires each winter to all seasons and I actually like the ride better with the AS's verses the Summer tires.
Thanks. My tires have like 2500 miles on them but figured if he would swap I wouldn’t have to deal with all season and will save some money.

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I'm very disappointed with the Pirelli tires on my GTPE. They are getting close to the wear bars with only 15K miles. I'm 71 so I don't consider myself that hard on tires. I know I won't go through another winter with these(especially at this amount of tread), they were terrible last winter when new. Would like to hear what A/S tire a person should get for winter without taking away too much range. Hate to mess with two sets of wheels but suppose that's what will happen.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I'm very disappointed with the Pirelli tires on my GTPE. They are getting close to the wear bars with only 15K miles. I'm 71 so I don't consider myself that hard on tires. I know I won't go through another winter with these(especially at this amount of tread), they were terrible last winter when new. Would like to hear what A/S tire a person should get for winter without taking away too much range. Hate to mess with two sets of wheels but suppose that's what will happen.
I recommend you get the ones used on the GT. I have not done any snow driving with them yet, but I am very happy with how they perform. They are quiet, not too harsh and (of course) are low rolling resistance for better range.

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I recommend you get the ones used on the GT. I have not done any snow driving with them yet, but I am very happy with how they perform. They are quiet, not too harsh and (of course) are low rolling resistance for better range.
Thanks for the info, since I posted I happened to see some older posts that state that the warranty on my tires doesn't cover them if used under 45 degrees, isn't that special! Maybe explains why I'm not getting decent tread wear.

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
I have a GTPE with the stock pirelli p zero summer tires. They grip well but are seemingly the source of my poor road comfort on our awful NY roads. With the PSI down to 32 they are much better, and I'm getting ready to buy A/S for the winter as planned. I will probably just ditch these summer tires (DM if you want to buy them).

I love Continental tires, and was planning on going with the Cross Contact OEM found on the GT, as I want the ride quality of the GT I test drove. But seeing a lot of good press and recommendations for the new Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus, and thinking this is a good compromise from the Pirelli's.

Anyone have experience between the Cross Contact and the Extreme Contact? I think I will go extreme as it has better treadwear and higher traction, and is likely a much better ride than the Pirelli summer tires, but wanted to validate that. Thanks!

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I have a GTPE with the stock pirelli p zero summer tires. They grip well but are seemingly the source of my poor road comfort on our awful NY roads. With the PSI down to 32 they are much better, and I'm getting ready to buy A/S for the winter as planned. I will probably just ditch these summer tires (DM if you want to buy them).

I love Continental tires, and was planning on going with the Cross Contact OEM found on the GT, as I want the ride quality of the GT I test drove. But seeing a lot of good press and recommendations for the new Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus, and thinking this is a good compromise from the Pirelli's.

Anyone have experience between the Cross Contact and the Extreme Contact? I think I will go extreme as it has better treadwear and higher traction, and is likely a much better ride than the Pirelli summer tires, but wanted to validate that. Thanks!
DWS 06+ is a significantly better tire in all aspects aside from a minor increase in noise and slightly less range.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

I liked the OEM CrossContact tires too but switched to the DWS06+ when I swapped to GTPE wheels a few weeks ago. I've only put about 800mi on the new tires but I like them a lot. Noticeably quieter, ride might even be better. Lots of traction.

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
I liked the OEM CrossContact tires too but switched to the DWS06+ when I swapped to GTPE wheels a few weeks ago. I've only put about 800mi on the new tires but I like them a lot. Noticeably quieter, ride might even be better. Lots of traction.
wow, that's great to hear! thanks!
Sponsored