Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium Long Range Rwd
Occupation
Test Tech III
Country flag
Hi
Navigation on my Mach-e Premium Extended Range Rwd is getting me crazy. When using the navigation to drive from California to Arizona, i was driving the car in one street and the navigation screen show the arrow in a different one or just out of the road and start changing the route like crazy( navigation system is lost). Also in makes me drive back and foward for hours. Before start the journey the car was charged to 100%. I planned the route and the system said I will reach the next charger with 30% of charge remaining but when 80 miles away from the next station the car was with only 70 miles of range remaining, the system rerouted to a charge station already been passed. It did that several times. I was so mad with the car that I just want to put gas over it and fire it up. Its really an unreliable car. The navigation system still acting as it is on drugs…I drive in one street an the system on another.
Does anyone has seen this before?
Thanks
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
In planning a trip you should use multiple tools. ABRP (A Better Route Planner) is a good resource. Also use GoogleMaps to ensure that any route makes sense.

A recent update seems to be making Ford's nav have issues while the update is in process, and a bigger problem not being able to see chargers at all. There is a thread on this.

Bottom line - use multiple resources and know the miles per kWh you are getting and p,an accordingly.

OP
OP

moreyruiz

First Name
Valentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Tech III
Country flag
In planning a trip you should use multiple tools. ABRP (A Better Route Planner) is a good resource. Also use GoogleMaps to ensure that any route makes sense.

A recent update seems to be making Ford's nav have issues while the update is in process, and a bigger problem not being able to see chargers at all. There is a thread on this.

Bottom line - use multiple resources and know the miles per kWh you are getting and p,an accordingly.
Understand… and effectively…I used Google Maps to found the Chargers. Thanks to that I can arrived back home. But my point is that a 60K car should not have problems like that. At the navigation problem is one of the minor ones with my Mach-e. Since it is an electric car… the Nav System and the route planning must be accurate. You depend on it to reach your destination. Another problem in the trip was that every time I arrived at a charging station I need to try multiple times and different stations in order to charge the Mach -e. Not to mention that I charged 8 times in the total trip and in no one the “Plug and Charge” works.
Thanks
Morey

OP
OP

moreyruiz

First Name
Valentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Tech III
Country flag
Understand… and effectively…I used Google Maps to found the Chargers. Thanks to that I can arrived back home. But my point is that a 60K car should not have problems like that. At the navigation problem is one of the minor ones with my Mach-e. Since it is an electric car… the Nav System and the route planning must be accurate. You depend on it to reach your destination. Another problem in the trip was that every time I arrived at a charging station I need to try multiple times and different stations in order to charge the Mach -e. Not to mention that I charged 8 times in the total trip and in no one the “Plug and Charge” works.
Thanks
Morey

OP
OP

moreyruiz

First Name
Valentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Tech III
Country flag
Here is an screenshot os the Ford Pass App. I’m inside the Mach-e and you can see how the app, also the Nav System, shows the car streets away from me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4 Navigation Problems 267FFBB5-BFDB-4248-9927-FDC0AFE38C4C

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Thanks
Morey
You might have something up with your GPS antenna. I've had odd issues which have almost always involved "last mile routing," meaning I can drive 90 miles successfully with the navigation system, but in that last mile to my destination, it takes me to the wrong location (one of which was even a charging destination). I have not, however, seen gross deviations like you're showing. I'd see about getting your Sync reflashed first, and if that doesn't do it, have them check the actual GPS antenna for issues.

OP
OP

moreyruiz

First Name
Valentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Tech III
Country flag
You might have something up with your GPS antenna. I've had odd issues which have almost always involved "last mile routing," meaning I can drive 90 miles successfully with the navigation system, but in that last mile to my destination, it takes me to the wrong location (one of which was even a charging destination). I have not, however, seen gross deviations like you're showing. I'd see about getting your Sync reflashed first, and if that doesn't do it, have them check the actual GPS antenna for issues.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored