phil2kx

First Name
Philipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
I was wondering if you guys prefer to use Sync 4 or Apple CarPlay in your Mach E?

Is there a difference in audio quality (I use Apple Music)?

I like the look of Sync 4 better. Also the built in navigation is better. But CarPlay has better features... I am very undecided and ask you about the pros and cons. :)
Sponsored

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I was wondering if you guys prefer to use Sync 4 or Apple CarPlay in your Mach E?

I like the look of Sync 4 better. Also the built in navigation is better. But CarPlay has better features... I am very undecided and ask you about the pros and cons. :)
I primarily use Apple Car for music. Can't say I've noticed a quality difference. I' m with you I like the look of native Sync better but enjoy the features of car play so that is the primary screen.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I've been using CarPlay since 2014 on a Pioneer head unit in my 2007 F-150 then on Sync in the last 3 Ford's I've had since 2016 so it's features are familiar for me to use. That said, I am not opposed to trying other systems but I haven't found any that will integrate as well with my iPhone as CarPlay does (obviously).

I make calls and text while I drive (hands free using Siri). I like that I can ask Siri to call the nearest xxxx restaurant or home depot or UPS store, etc. I have Siri set to automatically announce text messages as they come in and I reply all without looking away from the road. I have Focus Mode set to notify me only from the contacts that I have chosen while i'm driving.

Many times I set destinations up in my phone prior to getting in the car and they are there in Maps ready for me to use. I like that Maps alerts me at 2 miles, then 1 mile before a turn opposed to Sync that only alerts me at .9 mile. For me, the colorful, more detailed look of the landscape in dark mode on Maps is better than the bland look of Sync in dark mode. Maps shows me speed cameras, not sure if Sync does this. I use "Share ETA" a lot with the people I am driving to.

I use Apple Music and I doubt there is a difference in quality between CarPlay and Sync. Apple Music sounds really good to me, unlike the radio or Sirius so I'm sticking with it.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
If you use dark mode, Sync Nav is useless until they update the color scheme so that roads are visible.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I've been using CarPlay--at least when it connects, which is less than 100% of the time. I'm happy with the interface, although waiting for full screen with a future update. I also use Apple Music, which is seamless. (Again, when CarPlay connects.)

Audio sounds fine with Apple Music re Car Play, although my opinion of the B&O sound system is that it sounds good at higher volume, but not so much at lower volumes...

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I prefer CarPlay for maps but it can be frustrating at times when it doesn’t connect. My Wife is addicted to SXM for music!
Sponsored