SYNC install update date reads 'null' (no BlueCruise)

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
The iOS Scriptable widget shows my SYNC version with an error in the install date:

Ford Mustang Mach-E SYNC install update date reads 'null' (no BlueCruise) SYNCnull.PNG

I am fully up to date on the modules via FDRS, but BlueCruise isn't activated.

I have redone the PMI process for APIM (using the official Ford procedure) with no alteration of the install date.

I have also reset the APIM via FDRS twice as is required in the BlueCruise update instructions.

Any ideas? Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone been able to fix this without a dealer visit?
Sponsored

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Mine says "null" there too. Is anything broken? Not working correctly? I think you might be trying to fix a problem that isn't a problem, it is probably just a janky Fordpass API response.

BTW, I'm still at 2.3.0, and my Sync version in that display is 4.0.21281.

OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine says "null" there too. Is anything broken? Not working correctly? I think you might be trying to fix a problem that isn't a problem, it is probably just a janky Fordpass API response.
I am theorizing that it may be a symptom for why BlueCruise may not be activating for me (which I consider a problem.)

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Possibly. It seems unnecessarily complicated. The success rate of dealers appears to be less than 1 in 3. 😒

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the exact same version for Sync as you do with a Null date. I do have Blue Cruise as it came via OTA. I am in the Early Access program.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SYNC install update date reads 'null' (no BlueCruise) 2882548D-59C1-4ADF-B72C-1525EE052A97

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Mine is the same! The dealer installed all the updates along with 21G01. My sync version is still 4.0.21281 and I’m at 2.3.0.
I actually lost active cruise control too and the steering wheel button doesn’t do anything to activate/deactivate.
my last updated also shows null. This is all inconsistent 🤷🏻‍♂️

62A6EAA3-04C2-4169-867A-601507323AA2.jpeg

5C865D2B-AC6D-44EF-A7A8-37C0C0AE6BDE.jpeg

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The iOS Scriptable widget shows my SYNC version with an error in the install date:

Ford Mustang Mach-E SYNC install update date reads 'null' (no BlueCruise) 5C865D2B-AC6D-44EF-A7A8-37C0C0AE6BDE

I am fully up to date on the modules via FDRS, but BlueCruise isn't activated.

I have redone the PMI process for APIM (using the official Ford procedure) with no alteration of the install date.

I have also reset the APIM via FDRS twice as is required in the BlueCruise update instructions.

Any ideas? Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone been able to fix this without a dealer visit?
We’ve been over this multiple times in different threads, this has nothing to do with your problem, the date falls off after the last OTA update I think like 3 months.

OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We’ve been over this multiple times in different threads, this has nothing to do with your problem, the date falls off after the last OTA update I think like 3 months.
I had not seen that there was a consensus that this was not an problem. So, apologies.

For me, this only came up with the last round of BlueCruise updates via FDRS - prior to that, install date had shown without any problems.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I had not seen that there was a consensus that this was not an problem. So, apologies.

For me, this only came up with the last round of BlueCruise updates via FDRS - prior to that, install date had shown without any problems.
Yeah it’s just a coincidence, mine changed too and I’m still on 2.3.0, 3 months after I got it, it just falls off the server I guess after that time

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Mine is the same! The dealer installed all the updates along with 21G01. My sync version is still 4.0.21281 and I’m at 2.3.0.
I actually lost active cruise control too and the steering wheel button doesn’t do anything to activate/deactivate.
my last updated also shows null. This is all inconsistent 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ford Mustang Mach-E SYNC install update date reads 'null' (no BlueCruise) 5C865D2B-AC6D-44EF-A7A8-37C0C0AE6BDE

Hi there! Are you still experiencing these issues? If so, would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Took it to a dealer on Monday evening, they called the hotline Tuesday, as of now they still have not heard back.

On Wednesday I got tired of not having a car (this is my only vehicle) so I took it back and they dealer supposedly will call when they hear from Ford.

Been working with several forum members to try and figure this out but so far no luck.

My next plan is to start running PMI on all of the modules involved with 21G01, as suggested by @benk016

I'm beginning to worry this will be a situation like 1.7.1 where Ford takes months and says nothing while they figure out a fix

As a side note, part of the confusion here may be due to a similar issue, where FDRS was not showing all of the updates, and cars weren't getting all of the software. This has been solved. The cars with this issue show hands free in sync, with current maps and all. Just no server side activation

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Sounds to me like an update or two didn't install correctly. I don't have the ability to check for DTCs, but if you send your VIN I can at least check it there's software updates showing for you

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Sounds to me like an update or two didn't install correctly. I don't have the ability to check for DTCs, but if you send your VIN I can at least check it there's software updates showing for you
Supposedly, the dealer contacted ford and all the updates are through. They had an engineer walk them through the updates and still no go with the steering wheel button, adaptive cruise control, or bluecruise. Job 1 AWD ER 2/21 here. They’re ordering an instrument cluster, apparently that’s where the issue is. I remember when I first got the car, I was never able to “disable” the blue bubble and have the speed in the middle of the instrument cluster. No matter what setting I had on/off. I wonder if this issue was present since day 1 and I never gave it a second thought. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll PM you my VIN! Thank you!!!